Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Singing with kids?

Do you sing with your kids? Would love to hear how kids' songs can be used to educate toddlers! We love singing at home! I used to accompany the songs on guitar.. A cappella works well, too. And YouTube videos are easy to use in a home environment. This one is our latest favorites:

Re: Singing with kids?

• mrstraxmrstrax member
    edited October 2015
    We have a sing along song cd (wheels on the bus, old Raffi etc) but we usually do Disney classics via YouTube. I'm not a big singer, but DD loves to dance along to the music.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't sing kids songs to my kids. We sing songs we actually like.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm in the singing songs I like category. We do have some books that are kids songs (wheels on the bus, bingo, etc) that I sing/read to daughter when she picks them. For the most part, though, any cd we listen to is music that I like, and I sing her songs that I like. She loves to dance to everything from bluegrass to Celtic to pop music.
  • Squirtgun said:
    Yeah, I'm in the singing songs I like category. We do have some books that are kids songs (wheels on the bus, bingo, etc) that I sing/read to daughter when she picks them. For the most part, though, any cd we listen to is music that I like, and I sing her songs that I like. She loves to dance to everything from bluegrass to Celtic to pop music.

My son requests Hungry Eyes from Dirty Dancing and Nirvana. Parenting win!
  • I do want to add that I'm not opposed to kids songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider and crap like that. I'll sing that to my kids all day long while reading a book but I don't have kids CD's or anything like that. Hellllll noooooo!
  • We play kids' songs for DD mainly for her entertainment. She loves some videos on Hulu/Netflix and she can watch Elmo's Song on YouTube on repeat all day long. For her musical education I let her bang on the piano. She can't dance yet but she loves to bounce on her jumper if I play fast classical music or her daddy plays the guitar (he writes his own songs).
  • Squirtgun said:
    Yeah, I'm in the singing songs I like category. We do have some books that are kids songs (wheels on the bus, bingo, etc) that I sing/read to daughter when she picks them. For the most part, though, any cd we listen to is music that I like, and I sing her songs that I like. She loves to dance to everything from bluegrass to Celtic to pop music.
    That's right as well! Acrtually, another of our recent favorites is 'Lovefool' by Jamiroquai :D