Pregnant after IF

*** 2nd Tri Check in 10/12. New Leader Needed Next Week!***

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: I know some of you have mentioned them in previous posts, but let's talk about our fur babies this week :) for those of us with fur children... if you're going to be a FTM, how do you think your pet will handle the new addition; are you planning to do anything to ease the transition? If you're a STM, how did your pet react with your first LO; is there anything you would recommend to us first timers to help the pets adjust? 

@blessedwtwins - EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- one girl and one boy! - ok, i know you're technically 3rd Tri now, but you're still in our thoughts!
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with a little boy! 
@somewhereinafrica- EDD 1/8/16 With a little boy!
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with a little boy! 
@kelley421- EDD 1/26/16 with two little ladies and one little boy!
@knottie4978096- EDD 2/2/16 with one little boy! 
@potatocastillo- EDD 2/5 with a girl! 
@shelly333- EDD 2/3 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
@hopes4baby- EDD 2/8 with two little ladies!
@jeannaqueena- EDD 2/21/16 with one little lady!
@Kendragrace1215- EDD 2/24/16 with one little lady!
@eekers- EDD 2/27/16 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
@mrsloriw- EDD 3/11/16 with one little lady!
@fuzzbumble- EDD 3/12/16 with one little boy and one little lady!
@CTinNV - EDD 3/25/16 with a little boy! 

8 Years
2 Miscarriages
2 Ectopic Pregnancies
1 Round of Clomid
1 Fresh IVF Cycle
1 Bean and 5 Frosties!

Re: *** 2nd Tri Check in 10/12. New Leader Needed Next Week!***

• Hi all!  Hope everyone is doing well this week :)

27 weeks tomorrow!  Which I guess means I'm graduating to 3rd tri next week!

Next app't is next Monday.  I have to stop eating all the things so that my doc doesn't give me a hard time about weight gain.  I keep going to bed at a reasonable hour but can't sleep...then I get up around 11pm and start eating everything.  Seriously - last night's "binge" was: 2 whole wheat tortillas, a piece of (homemade whole wheat) challah, a few handfuls of peanuts, and 4 or 5 Hershey's kisses.  I'm cracking up now reading over it.

QOTW: No fur-babies here.  I am allergic to pretty much anything with fur.  Like, I have gone to an event at someone's house, had a coughing/sneezing/watery-eyes fit and asked, "Is there a cat or dog that lives here?" And they said, "Well, yeah, but the dog's been at my parents' house the last few days, and we've cleaned and vacuumed twice."  But I can always tell...it's ever so much fun.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • @marnief i'm so sorry! I always feel bad for anyone with any allergy, but not being able to have pets would make me so sad :( and I totally feel you on the eating thing. Seems like ever since I've gotten an appetite back I've been eating anything I can get my hands on to make up for "lost time"

I'm 27 weeks as well, so that means someone new will be taking over next week :D I'll be doing my glucose test tomorrow, so fingers crossed that goes well! Otherwise I'm just enjoying feeling the baby move. He gets hiccups about twice a day and still moves so much I swear he'll come out running!

QOTW: I have one fur-baby, an olde english bulldogge named Bruschi (after DH's favorite football player) He's been great with all our nieces and nephews, especially when they were babies. I'm not too concerned about bringing the new LO home with him, but I'm certainly open to suggestions of things we could do to make any transitionary period easier. 

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Loading the player...
  • @andimegie325 - thanks! But you can't miss what you never had. Pets were never an issue because my Mom is afraid of animals. I used to tell people we didn't need a pet because we had my little brother ;)
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Oh pet allergies are hard! I'm actually nervous about that because DH is allergic to SO MANY things, I hope the baby isn't. He is actually allergic to our two cats, but after living with them for 7 years (I already had them when we moved in together) he's adapted. He also does a preventive inhaler- it's funny, they are best friends now. Other people's pets still bother his allergies though. Our cats are 10, and not at all used to kids, it does make me a little anxious. We'll figure it out though. I grew up with 3 cats and an Irish setter, I want that for our kids :)

I'm 26 weeks on Thurs, and feel you on needing to control my eating. The last week or so has been ridiculous. Next appt is not until the 28th, so until then I'm just hanging tight and enjoying feeling him move around.
  • I'm 24 weeks today and since I switched doctors, she ordered another ultrasound today. So maybe I'll get to see his face :-) I've had a nasty cold and have been struggling to keep up with work and everything. Fingers crossed, I seem to be on the mend. I bought the crib over the weekend and now just need to purchase a mattress. I'm waiting to purchase the car seat since they expire and I don't need it for quite awhile yet. I've purchased most everything new since used baby items are really expensive in my area. It doesn't make sense to buy a pack n' play used with missing parts when I can have a new one with all the features for $20 more. The used high chairs were $80 and I just bought one for $62 on sale that has all the features I need. Weird. i think the exception is baby clothes. Those seem to show up randomly on my doorstep for free. I did purchase the newborn gowns with the built-in hand mitts. I know I won't get those given to me. I have 2 terriers and they love kids, so I'm not anticipating any issues with bringing home baby. I'm allergic to cats, so I completely understand the misery that happens when their cute faces suck me in for pets.
  • 25w and now measuring 39/40w... Its getting real now! I am expecting to be completely home bound by the end of the month. I am getting short of breath and pelvic pain with little walking (compared to before). Only 5 weeks til my first goal of 30w, then 33w and I would love to carry these babies to 35w!
    We have a one year old labradoodle that I hope settles down once the babies come home. If not, he will have to go or be an outside dog. I like our animals, but I've never been super attached to pets. We got the dog after my second miscarriage- he was great therapy. Now he eats EVERYTHING. I can't have a rug, blankets, or pillows in my living room.
    My cat - I'm afraid will smother the babies and I would love to find her a nice home before they come.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Hello, I'm 18 weeks and finally getting to the stage where I want to eat all the things. :) I lost about 8 pounds in the first tri cuz I just had no appetite and nausea and everything sounded gross.

I've had a shih tzu for over 8 years now and she has been my baby. She's so attached to me I do wonder how she'll react but I also think she'll grow attached to the new baby. She's very very gentle and has seen a couple babies before that she just sniffed out of curiosity. I do think she might pout and have to adjust - maybe she won't eat for awhile or something. But I'm convinced she'll be fast friends with our little one.

I'm allergic to cats btw so I can half-understand the allergy thing. I can only be around certain dogs too since I'm allergic to the bigger and hairier dogs.
  • 21 weeks! Our basement remodel seems to be at a stand still...so frustrating bc I don't even have a good place to store excess stuff (bc of Sheetrock/construction dust). I need to move my 2 boys into one bedroom, but DH wants to build their bunk beds...he doesn't have the time. Plus...we are closing on a potential flip house in the morning. I think we are slightly crazy, but it was too good of price to not try our hand. I am a interior designer and DH an electrical contractor that is also really handy...we think we are a good combo for flipping. I am dying to start her nursery as the crib is collecting spider webs in the car port, but I don't have anywhere to store stuff if I buy it or make it...a lot of transitions in my house hold.

I scheduled a hair cut and color and then my maternity family shoot for the beginning of Nov!! So excited we usually do jeans out in our field, but this time we are headed to a cute local downtown and all dressing up!! I got a HOT little black dress and my boys will be wearing pink button downs! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

QOTW: no pets over here. We plan to get a dog and my line is when "everyone is potty trained!" My dad keeps trying to get us one, but I want a rescue dog not a golden from a shop....give me a mut!

So exciting to hear everyone's updates!! Keep on growing babies!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • I'm 16 weeks and still dealing with anxiety issues, if I'm being honest. This is my second so I can't wait to hopefully feel him soon and know he's OK in there.

Our big life news is that we bought a new (bigger) house. Now we just need to get a few remodel things done so we can move in and start nesting! Hopefully we'll move in by late November.

QOTW: We have two cats and a dog so they will probably adjust well to the baby. Only one of the cats was around when my DS came home, and he was fully freaked out at first. Then he enjoyed playing with the babies toys too and all was cool. :)

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• 27w4d so I guess this is my last time posting in 2nd tri!

I honestly feel how did I end up this pregnant!!!! It's surreal to be visibly so pregnant and also getting so close to the end now is blowing my mind.

Appointment on Friday when I have to break up with my current doctor and let him know that I'll be going to UK for delivery, which is sad because I liked him. My mum is coming to that appointment with me to see the baby on the scan for the first time. Now I am leaving (again) for delivery she probably won't be able to make the delivery which has been a hard part for both of us, as she was pretty excited to be there.

I am hoping the doc will clear me to fly at 32 weeks and get the thumbs up for that.

We have a dog and a cat. They are back in Africa being cared for by friends. Our dog is a shepherd/ Doverman. He is my husbands side kick. I am worried as he is so big and a jumper. Our cat is a stray we have had sine he was tiny. He is not really super per like. He is always outside and not overly bothered about people. But he is a super hunter and kills all sorts of nasties we get in the bush.

All the best to you 2nd tri mums! I shall pop by and have a read on everyone.

Any others moving to the 3rd tri board soon?!
  • @somewhereinafrica There are def a couple of us moving over in the next couple of weeks. I think @andimegie325 and @marnief will be there with you next week. Hope your next appt goes well and you are cleared to fly!
  • 20w and had my ultrasound/monthly checkup on Monday.  Baby is looking good - very active and strong heartbeat.  It was really hard not to look at the screen to find out the sex.  I really want to be surprised!!  We've purchased a house and close on October 30th.  We've been living with my parents as our house sold before we found one so everything seems to be falling into place. 

QOTW:  We have 2 dogs.  I think our lab will do great with the baby.  She's a little older and has always done well being around kids.  Our dachshund, on the other hand, I do worry about a little bit.  He can be pretty jealous but I'm hoping he'll grow to be protective of the baby vs acting out.  Time will tell - he's been pretty excited/curious about the baby gear my mom has been gathering to keep at her house.     

• Hello, I am new to this check-in, I am 14 weeks 5 days with twin boys due 4/09/2016

I just had my appointment and u/s today and both babies look great. I see the MFM in November and also have a fetal echo in December.

I am very excited to have made it to the second trimester!!!

QOTW: No pets but I had a shih Tzu growing up that I adored, hope to have another some day though DH is not a pet person.
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!