Babies: 3 - 6 Months

6 month baby - milk production slowing down

My baby is just over 6 months old and I haven't had any trouble EBF yet. However, I've noticed that my milk production must be slowing down. He seems to be able to get as much as he needs, but I'm only able to get about 4 ounces a day through pumping. I need to pump and store about 8 ounces a day to keep up with him while I'm at work. What's going on?! Here's what i've tried:

1. I use an electric Medela double pump.
2. I pump at about the same times every day (morning, afternoon, after dinner, before bed).
3. I'm drinking lactation tea a few times a day.
4. I drink a TON of water every day. I track my intake and usually hit 100 ounces by 3 p.m.

What can I do?! I don't want to switch to formula because LO has a milk allergy and a soy allergy and I have no idea what kind of formula I could even use for him. 

Re: 6 month baby - milk production slowing down

• I had the same issue, I made the booby bites from pinterest. They are delicious, I replaced chocolate chips with dried blueberries, added some pecans, and upped the brewers yeast, which is the active ingredient for lactation,  and I love them! They are sweet, but not too sweet which was my fear with the choc. I also picked up a herbal supplement from my local health store, they are capsules and they have fenugreek, blessed thistle, goats rue, and a couple of other herbs that I have seen as supply boosting. I like them because the recommendation is once a day which is easy for me to remember and keep up with. I don't know if it's placebo effect or if it the boosters already kicking in but I've pumped three times today and I've gotten 4 ounces each time, which is definitely an improvement over the 2 ounces I was getting!