May 2016 Moms

Growing bump

Hello fellow may mommies! So I have a 4 year old a 7 month old and now pregnant with our third. I'm 8 weeks and to me my stomach has already grown a lot, has anyone else started showing this early??

Re: Growing bump

• Yes, I'm 9 weeks with my 4th. I know my abs are shot but I am clearly "showing" and not ready to announce it publicly yet.  Pretty sure my neighbor kept bringing up pregnant moms she knows yesterday to see if I would come out with it.
  • Same here. I started this pregnancy at least 15 lb under my normal weight so I thought it would take a bit longer to pop out (compared to my previous pregnancies) but I was sadly mistaken! We were planning on telling people around 12 weeks but there's no way I can hide my bump for that long. I can't imagine how massive I will look at 9 months if I'm this big at 8+ weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! I'm 9 weeks with baby #4 and we don't tell until we are at least 12 weeks and after 3 c sections and absolutely no stomach muscles it is def getting harder to hide this belly!
  • It's bloat.
    Regardless of how many kids you have had your uterus doesn't come above the pubic bone until 12 weeks.
  • edited October 2015
    I am so bloated due to this pregnancy I am already in maternity pants. Last pregnancy I didn't even look pregnant until the 3rd trimester despite being in size xs and s clothing.
  • I would say that most of us have bloat, but there are some people who have large uterus (due to genetics, I guess). There was a girl on my other BMB who was showing significantly from the very beginning.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• I'm 9w1d and had an OB appointment yesterday. OB told me that he could feel my uterus above my pubic bone already. This is my second but I had my first in May of this year so he thinks that it didn't have time to fully shrink back since I got pregnant 3 months after delivery. But it can happen.
    Met: 11/2/2004
    Dating: 3/24/2005
    Married: 11/5/2011
    Eleanor Leeann: 5/14/2015
    Baby # 2 Due: 5/17/2016
  • I'm 9w1d and had an OB appointment yesterday. OB told me that he could feel my uterus above my pubic bone already. This is my second but I had my first in May of this year so he thinks that it didn't have time to fully shrink back since I got pregnant 3 months after delivery. But it can happen.
    This. I had mine in 2014, but when I had my appointment in my 9th week, the top of my uterus was palpable above my bone as well. With subsequent pregnancies, things kick into gear a little faster sometimes-- in addition to there usually being less muscle tone to hold in bloat. I'm not showing too much yet, but my pants are uncomfortable when I sit down, so I've been transitioning into maternity pants/ pants with a be-band.

I would imagine it's not common to have a true baby bump too early, but there are a variety of factors at play including previous pregnancy, ab muscle tone, bloat, and inner pelvis size/torso size (smaller/shorter tends to show sooner).
  • I'll be 8 weeks on Friday and I definitely have something to hide. I'm shorter, short waisted, and while I lost the weight from DS I never really worked on my abs. I'm pretty sure I can feel my uterus poking up and have been told that it's actually quite common after a full term pregnancy that your uterus never really goes back to as small of a size as it was before. Anyway, for me ikt looks like a bump but I know it's not actually baby (just the weird things my body is doing because there IS a baby). I'm kind of in the camp to just embrace it and rock it no matter what it is -- and the closer I get to 10 weeks the more comfortable I get with the idea. DS turns 1 this Saturday and we're leaning towards announcing after his big day so that I can stop wearing baggy clothes all the time!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • I'm a FTM and at 11w2d I am definitely sporting a considerable bloat bump. It is starting to harden and shape, so I am excited.
  • I'm noticing a different in the way my pants fit a lot sooner than I did with DD. I definitely don't look like I'm showing, but I noticed a friend watching me adjust my waistband several times a couple weeks ago. This lady picked up on my pregnancy with DD before I told anyone about it because she saw me eating pretzels and drinking caffeine free Coke haha. Soooo I pulled out my maternity jeans and rolled the top down a little. The stretchy material feels so much better than a normal denim waistband!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!