TTC after 35
Options

EWCM question

I was just curious about various people's experience with how quickly EWCM dries up after ovulation. I had my first positive OPK last night, still positive this AM but no temp shift as of 5am today. I had EWCM yesterday, I didn't check this morning, but just checked now and it had almost completely dried up. I was only able to find a scant amount of either creamy or sticky CM. I'm assuming maybe I O'd at some point this morning? I was a bit surprised how quickly the EWCM cleared up though....hoping I'm not producing cervical mucus that's just going to kill sperm. Anyone else had this experience?
Married: 7/9/15
Me: 37, DH: 36
Started TTC #1: 9/2015
Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: EWCM question

• Options
    I usually only have EWCM for a day (ovulation day) and then it's gone.  Temp usually rises the following day, indicating ovulation occurred on the day of EWCM.  

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I've never had much luck figuring out the whole EWCM thing. There's been some cycles where I've had it for weeks but never ended up ovulating. And then some cycles where I have none but have a good, strong ovulation (based on temps). I know from what I've read that it all dries up after O but the body does do some unusual things...
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't always have EWCM. I do typically get watery cm around ovulation. It's normal for it to dry up right after O, hopefully you see your temp shift tomorrow. ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I think I was more surprised that I ovulated so quickly than anything else. DH and I had sex last night anyway. OPK when I got home was neg and I sort of saw a temp shift this morning, need a few more days to confirm. Moral of the story is that when I *start* to see the OPK line getting darker (I saw a gradual darkening over a day or so) get on it! I might try pre-seed next month if it doesn't work this month, I've noticed in general I have significantly less CM than I had in my 20's.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have you ever used clearblue digital opk?
    I usually use the wondfo strips until they start get pinker (not all the way dark), and then I test with both. Clearblue will give a more accurate read on your surge. They are spendy, but worth it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I notice it about 2 days before ovulation, and then there's less on O day.  But when I go in for the IUI, even when I am no longer able to reach any, the doctor sees it, and we all hear it when some bubbles of air blurp out through it when the sperm is squirted in.  The RE told me that the bubbling sound is known as a good sign for a well-timed IUI.

So you may not be able to find much with your fingers, but your cervix may still be slimy with it.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)