January 2016 Moms

Labcorp and glucose test

I searched and I didn't find anything. When you go to labcorp for the glucose test do you get the results immediately or do I have to wait for the dr office to call me? I ask bc I have heard of some women getting the results immediately.

Re: Labcorp and glucose test

• Your doctor should get the results. My test was through LC too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've never heard of labcorp, is it the name of the lab you are going to or thinking of going to? If so I would just call them and ask. I've never heard of getting any lab results, glucose or otherwise, right away though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had mine done yesterday through labcorp. It was drawn at the office then flown to Chicago overnight for testing. They said I should hear today or tomorrow.
  • I didn't think about calling to see if I would get results immediately. I have my test this morning and was curious. My SIL said she got her results back immediately but she did hers at the doctor office. Oh well I guess I have no choice but to wait.
  • I would suspect it would be similar to any other blood lab. I have to wait a day or two for my results (just did the one hour test this morning). 
  • I had my test at Labcorp on Monday. They said that results would be sent to my doctor in 2-3 days. The only way I could imagine immediate results happening is if they pricked your finger and used a blood glucose monitor. For this test they draw blood.
  • I did my test last week at labcorp as well. Still haven't heard anything back from my dr, I'm hoping no news means good news! Last time they told me the results at my next appointment. They will call you if they are concerned.
  • You can create an online account with labcorp and view your results without your doctor releasing them.
    Don't do this if you over analyze everything.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• I went last Thursday and got a call Monday. I now have to do a 3 hour test tonorrow.
  • I did the test this morning and I asked the lady there and she said my dr would have the results tomorrow. I'm hoping I hear something back then good or bad bc I will just worry about it until I find out. I will see if I can sign up with labcorp and find out that way too.
  • I had my glucose test yesterday at Labcorp (same building as dr office) and I asked them when the dr would have the results and she said that day. I didn't hear anything back so I am going to call today/this afternoon....but I feel like no news is good news?!
  • My guess is it depends on whether the lab administers AND processes the blood work. Mine does and I always get blood work back by the end of the day (via online results). My midwives haven't reached out about the results from my glucose test a couple weeks ago, because they were good. In my area, no news = good news.