Babies on the Brain
Options

Hello, going to start trying soon.

I guess this is my "intro" post. After lurking on a few of the boards I think this one is the perfect place for me. My name is Kelly and I'm 33. My husband is 35. We've been together for 18 years, this Wednesday was our 10 year wedding anniversary. We have two boys, ages 8 & 9. DH was always 99.9% sure we were done at two. I always had that twinge thinking I'd like one more but the time had passed and as my boys got older and easier I accepted that. 3 weeks ago I miscarried at 4 weeks without knowing I was pregnant (I was on the pill). It really made us think a lot about it and my husband is on board now. I'm thrilled! I'm a little nervous as I'm older now and so are my boys. I know it will be tough for a few years but when I think of holidays when we are older I picture more in our family! I am also in AA and in my first year sober, so that could be a challenge, with all the new changes in my life. But I feel very positive about it. I've read a ton about the "shettles method" and while I'd be blessed with either, I'm gonna try my damnedest for a little girl. It would make all of my dreams come true. I have 3 brothers and 2 boys, so I'm being realistic and knowing it will be another boy, haha. I'm going to start tracking my temp to get to know my body. Both of my boys were conceived the first month we tried so I'm going to try to do what I can. Also, I had gastric bypass 3 years ago. Just a bit about myself. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Re: Hello, going to start trying soon.

• Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to hang out if you find the TTC forum a bit too intense. 
    Good luck on the girl! I've heard briefly about the "shettles method", but maybe you could offer an introduction to the key principles?
  • Options
    Thank you! It's something along the lines of the girl sperm being slower, so you need to have sex a few days before you actually ovulate, so the girls are the only swimmers left by the time you ovulate. Also the woman should not have an orgasm (Dr. Shettles must have been a man, lol!) and shallow penetration. There's a bunch of other ideas also. The Shettles method has different suggestions for boys and girls. It's pretty interesting but a lot of it makes sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome, and so sorry for your loss. Best wishes with TTC!
  • Options
    Welcome. Sorry for your loss.
    My mum had 3 girls first (i'm the oldest) and when she got pregnant for the 4th time she was convinced that they could only make girls. But i got a little brother. My brother is exactly 7 years and 364 days younger then me. Although I didn't like my birthday that year (all the visitors where there for my little brother) I loved having a brother that young. Not that we where allowed to treat him as a doll but having someone that much younger around was fun. And nowadays the age difference doesn't seem to be that big anymore.
    Good luck with TTC and with your challenges. Hope everything will go well.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! The shettles method sounds interesting! I remember seeing something like that on the documentary "The Great Sperm Race"