May 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change, 10/13

Week/Fruit:

Upcoming Appointments:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it?
Me: 38; DH: 41
DS: Born 5-17-16 

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change, 10/13

• Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited October 2015
    Week/Fruit: 7/blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: 10/21 one week and a day away! I can't wait, it will be my first appointment. No ultrasound but they are going to try and get a heartbeat with the Doppler.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I've been thankful for the minimal symptoms (bloating and tired), but lately I am starting to worry about miscarriage, in particular a missed one since I won't be getting an ultrasound and my dr said at 8 weeks it can sometimes be hard to get the heartbeat with the Doppler.

Questions for the group: none

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it? Hmm. I don't read as often as I would like to but I am currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 11/lime

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan on Monday!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: So much nausea. I thought it was getting better, but today has been the worst yet.

Questions for the group: Nada

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it? It was an autobiography called Swimming to Antarctica. It was written by Lynn Cox, who is an open water swimmer who broke many world records during her time, and who fought to swim across the Bering Straight during the Cold War. It was very inspirational!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/Fruit:
    8/raspberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    Tomorrow!! It will be my first one.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    I've been very nauseous in the mornings and evenings. I was miserable yesterday with nausea and fatigue, but I had the day off of work (thank you, Columbus!) and I got 9 hours of sleep last night :)

Questions for the group:
    Some nights, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep for 1-2 hours.. Any tips on how to easily go back to sleep?

I'm currently reading The Maze Runner (yes, I'm late on this train). I really enjoy the writing style that keeps me turning the pages to find out what happens next.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 8/raspberry

Upcoming Appointments:  My second ultrasound is Friday.  Can't wait to hear that little heartbeat again!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  Nothing too bad...fatigue, random insomnia, bloating, carb-cravings and waves of queasiness. 

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it?  I've been re-reading some of my favorites.  I am just starting "Bonfire of the Vanities" for maybe the hundredth time.  Classic.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 10 weeks / prune

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 21 when I'll be 11 weeks - can't wait to see how much baby has changed!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm feeling less tired lately - thank goodness! Still very little symptoms. Have headaches from time to time, but nausea never hit me. Boobs are not sore anymore, either.

Questions for the group: I troll the questions on the board so you've all answered them already :)

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it? Hmm... It's honestly been a long time since I've picked up a book... Maze Runner was the last one I read and I believe that was over a year ago.
  • Options
    ahbridges529ahbridges529 member
    edited October 2015
    Week/Fruit: 9/olive

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound yesterday; another checkup in 3 wks

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: soooo tired and a wacky appetite! Nothing has tasted good for a couple weeks.

Questions for the group: anyone saving up for unpaid leave? Any tips?

I just finished Eve. It was a bit strange but I really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 10 weeks/prune! 

Upcoming Appointments: I have my first trimester screening and US on the 26th 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Fatigue and some breast tenderness is sticking around. My nipples sore BF these days! Nausea s easing up but still strikes in the middle of the night.Headaches are easing up too.

Questions for the group: Does anyone have experience with double strollers? I'll probably baby-wear a lot...and I tend to walk with, or carry DS but I know we'll want something that'll work with a two year old and newborn for DH, my mom, and long trips out.

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it? It's been way too long since I read a book completely that I wasn't teaching. So, I'm going to go with one that I just finished, and I teach, but that I still love: Macbeth. I love Shakespeare's wit and syntax and the darkness of the characters in Macbeth. Otherwise, I've been trying to read Horowitz's Sherlock Holmes reboots, but it's slow going so far. I also toyed with rereading the Harry Potter series for the 6th? time, but have only gotten as far as pg.7 in book one. Too many interruptions lately for reading.
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 8/raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: first appointment on Thursday!  Can't wait!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant: Exhausted all the time!  And I never knew I could feel extremely nauseous and ravenous at the same time! Rave: We just had a good visit with my in-laws for the past week, but it's also nice to get back to our routine!  I'm ready to go to bed at 8pm and not have to feel guilty about it!

Questions for the group: Is anyone living far from family?  We live across the country from both families.  I know this baby will be way more work than we can even imagine, so I am starting to stress over the best way to handle help at the beginning.  Both moms will be more than willing to travel out and help, but we usually prefer visits that last a few days.  I guess it will all work out! 

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? I read Mindy Kaling's "Why Not Me?"  It was a light, beachy read and perfect for our Bahamas trip a couple of weeks ago!  
    Me: 29      DH: 38
    Married: May 26, 2012
    BFP: September 10, 2015
    EDD: May 22, 2016
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 8/Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Next one in early Nov.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: So over this nausea!

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What is the last good book you read? Why did you love it? I reread the Harry Potter series this summer. Now that I'm back in school, there's not a lot of time for reading what I want to read.