May 2016 Moms
Options

Stressed Out About Dates

So last week I had an episode of bleeding, which is par for the course for me in pregnancies at this point, but scary and worrying nevertheless. Today was the first time I could get an ultrasound, so I went in today and happily, the tech located my wee baby and picked up a decent heartbeat as well as an adjacent weirdness that likely explains the bleeding. So that's great. 

However, I asked her whether she could tell me anything about dates based on the measurements she took, and she was able to tell me that her measurements clocked the sac in at 5 weeks 3 days, and the baby at 6 weeks 1 day. According to my calculations, I should be more or less 7 weeks 3 days today. There really isn't any possible alternate date, as we had thought my ovulation had already happened a few weeks prior and were expecting a period at any time and didn't have sex during that 10 week span.

So now this discrepancy in dates is worrying me, probably irrationally. Any reassurance?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stressed Out About Dates

• Options
    I had some spotting (which was so scary since I had a MC in May). I went on Friday and was so excited to see the heartbeat flickering away. Based on my calculations I was 7 weeks 1 day and LO was measuring 6 weeks 5 days. At first my OB was nervous because she calculated me at 8 weeks. But she said the measurements are more consistent with me being 8 weeks. I think as long as there's a heartbeat, that should give you some comfort. Are they having you go back for a follow up u/s? My original appointment was scheduled for today, so they're having me still come in to recheck. T&P!!
  • Options
    Probably not a follow-up ultrasound, but I haven't yet actually met with my midwife practice to discuss the results, so it's possible. Because my care provider doesn't have these diagnostic tools there in the office, my results are a little different in that I have to wait for the scans to be sent to her before she can review them with me. I was pretty pleased the ultrasound tech showed me the heartbeat (I've had way too many ultrasounds, so I was -pretty- sure that's what she was measuring and recording, but it's nice to be sure.) I'll definitely mention my concern to my midwife, but she may not even be concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BlueJuice Were you temping/charting? What are your calculations based off?
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I temp and chart, yeah.
  • Options
    At this stage a small change in the measurement can change dates slightly. I've heard up to a week off can be normal right now.

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
    "Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aren't early dating US the most accurate? I will say this...with my first, they set my due date early than what I had thought. I wish I would've had those extra couple of days because I was "almost 2 weeks late" & had to be induced. I'm still convinced I was not as far along as they thought...and I hated the induction process.