Appointments?:

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?:

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:

Questions?:

GTKY: biggest pet peeve?

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
*no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
<3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
 Autism mama! 

Re: weekly ticker-change check-in (10/12)

• Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited October 2015
    Weeks/Size: 18 weeks tomorrow (tuesday)! sweet potato, or this (YUM!), or a sugar glider haha!
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): surprise 
    What's new with baby?: hiccups, yawning, swallowing, etc. .. developing mylelin
    Appointments?: none this week - looking forward to 10/27
    Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: not currently. well, maybe trying to be better with meal planning?

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: continuing the headache trend. more wiggles, but nothing consistent. craving everything i see an advert for, chinese
    Questions?: is anyone not getting the second trimester energy? i feel so unmotivated, and i am frustrated with myself bc of it!
    GTKY: biggest pet peeve? line-jumpers! people who cut in line (or when driving and can't just take turns merging at the lane closure like a zipper, or they cut you off). nothing like waiting in line for 15 minutes (or even just 2!) to finally be the next person and then someone just walks up and gets in front of you. really makes my blood boil! and then ignoring you when you address it YARRR!
    also with you on the grammar 
    @mrspepper05 - my dad was an english professor and constantly corrected everything. i am far from perfect, but i hear his voice when i read/listen to anything and things like pronoun-antecedent disagreement and not using the possessive before a gerund still make me a bit twitchy

Autism mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KMKaiser07KMKaiser07 member
    edited October 2015
    Weeks/Size: 18w2d/sweet potato

Team (pink/blue/surprise): blue!

What's new with baby?: honestly, I've been so bad at reading what he's up to :/

Appointments?: we have our anatomy scan in two weeks. So excited to see our little man again!

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: we started moving our office/playroom to the basement so we can convert it into DS1's room. We also went and bought his new bed, dresser and end table.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I'm surprisingly feeling pretty good (about time). Hopefully it sticks!

Questions?: none

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Why can't I think of anything better than I hate when dh finishes a roll of toilet paper and either doesn't change it, gets a new roll out only to set it on the tank of the toilet not the spot it belongs, or he changes it but puts it on the wrong way?! I know I have more and they are probably bigger than this, but this is the best I've got right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

Weeks/Size:17

Team (pink/blue/surprise): finding out Nov. 4

What's new with baby?: cartridge turning into bone

Appointments?:blood work today to finish up Down syndrome screening, all other indicators looking good.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: My coworker just offered to give me a crib!!! Awesome sauce!! Also, got new prenatal and loving them.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Head aches, overheating, fatigue and GRUMPY

GTKY: biggest pet peeve?

When people honk at you to go at the exact same time the light turns green when they have no view of the intersection. Sorry I decided to not run over the person in the cross walk or get hit by the car that ran the red light.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 20!!!!   
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): BLUE
    What's new with baby?: My little cookie is half baked!  
    Appointments?: 20 week appt. this week... Anatomy scan next week.  
    Um, just eating Half Baked ice cream for dessert to celebrate.  
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Loss of appetite actually.  
    Questions?: Wondering if I should bank the cord blood....  not really up for a question here, just one we are considering.  
    GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Too many to list... people who cut the line of traffic, maybe.  
  • Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited October 2015
    I never delete posts but I did this time because the link didn't work and I posted it on the wrong thread... Sorry :(
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: Week 19 - size of a mango/game boy
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): Surprise!

What's new with baby?: I'm feeling baby a lot more now.  Still just poke and bubbles, but more frequent

Appointments?: Next Tuesday for my anatomy scan

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Mentally planning the nursery

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  Leg/calf cramps have struck with a vengeance at night, and now my hip is hurting when I sleep, too.  A pillow between my legs doesn't seem to be helping.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? When students come in before class and ask what we're doing that day.  I HATE that question because I get it so often and I end up being snarky and tell them that if they wait three minutes, they will find out what we're doing. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 18 weeks 

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Team pink! 

What's new with baby?: Sweet potato sized. 

Appointments?: Next one isn't until Nov 4th. We had our anatomy scan last week. 

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Started reading some new baby books. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Trying to wean off the unisom but feeling somewhat queasy without it. Not awful like before, but not great. Undecided if I'll keep taking it a while longer... 

Questions?:

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Spitting. I hate it! Makes me gag.
    imageimage

• Options
    Weeks/Size:18 weeks! Size of a sweet potato!

Team (pink/blue/surprise): were blue!

What's new with baby?: once in a while feeling the little guy move around

Appointments?: not for 2 more weeks.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: slowly getting some stuff and working on picking out the crib set and car seat

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: craving garlic knots like CRAZY and steak!

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Chewing with mouth open. Absolutely disgusting lol
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 19 weeks
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): surprise at baby request. It too shy to show it area.

What's new with baby?:
    Last week ultrasound, was the first time i got to see baby chewing and sucking their thumb.

Appointments?:
    Ultrasound tomorrow
    Doctor 29th

Buying a new stroller this weekend!

Symptoms: headaches back pain
    Rants:baby consistently elbows my side and kicks me when im trying to rest or sleep
    Cravings: everything sweet

Questions?:
    None this week!
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 18 weeks, Sweet Potato
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): We will find out next Monday! Can't wait

What's new with baby?: Feeling baby more frequently!

Appointments?: Anatomy scan next Monday and check-up on Tuesday

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Clearing out unwanted house items and getting a list together of things we will need

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Just over eating salads all the time

Questions?: none!

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Rudeness
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 16 weeks (on Thursday)

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Team blue

What's new with baby?: He's moving a lot more, which is good because he'd settled down for a bit and I was scared (of course) that something was wrong.

Appointments?: My next appointment is on 10/28 and it's my anatomy scan. 

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Making some preparations for the nursery.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I've been trying to cut out my Diclegis, but I've been getting nauseated at night when I don't take it, so I'm back on it. Which sucks. Oh well. My boobs are still killing me, I'm still tired a lot. I've been getting swollen feet/legs at the end of the day, which is uncomfortable. And a few more that just really, really suck. 

Questions?: Nothing this week.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Oh man. There are many. I hate when people pull up to a stop light/stop sign, but stop really far back and then sloooooowly pull forward until the light changes. I hate when I've spent the day cooking and cleaning the kitchen and it's finally perfectly sparkling clean and my husband walks in and puts a dirty cup in the sink. Not the dishwasher. The sink. It's beyond frustrating. Anyway, I think two is enough. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 17 weeks

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Finding out end of the month

What's new with baby?: Size of a turnip. Baby is practicing being on the outside with swallowing and sucking.

Appointments?: My next appointment is on 10/29, it's my anatomy scan!  

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: I started a registry, just for us.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I've been suffering from terrible RLP. I can't hardly roll over or stand up without being in horrible pain. I'm going to call my dr and ask what I can do besides Tylenol for the pain. 

Questions?: Any recommendations to help with RLP??

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? People who say they are going to do something but then just before the event say they can't..GGRR. Sorry I'm an event planner and have a festival this weekend and activities are dropping off the schedule right and left because people just don't want to put forth the effort any more.

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 16w,1d - Avocado

Team (pink/blue/surprise): We find out two weeks from tomorrow on the 28th!

What's new with baby?: Apparently baby is kicking up a storm but I still haven't felt anything.

Appointments?: I have an appointment tomorrow and a/s is two weeks after that.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: My mom visited this weekend and I could tell she was ready to spend some major money but I am just not willing to pay so much for maternity clothes that I don't even really like. So she settled for buying some plain white long-sleeved onesies haha. (For baby not me...)

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Nothing really pregnancy related. Just trying to get over a nasty little 2 day head cold. Wishing I was back in bed instead of at work today :(

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Hmmm I have a lot.....I work with words so all things grammar-related really can grind my gears - ESPECIALLY when I make some fast-typing mistakes. People that text back "K" or something similar. Hello, that is IMPLIED. Also when people around me make personal phone calls at work. My office is set up in a pretty open environment and my supervisor sits right next to me and is CONSTANTLY making personal calls and a lot of them involve her getting heated. This is a relatively new one lol. So many more but so little time to type it ;)

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    @swillah - the only thing that I've found helps RLP is to move very slowly. Don't stand up or roll over too quickly. And I sometimes hold my stomach when I move so it doesn't jiggle and make the RLP worse. Lol. That sounds gross. Never sneeze or cough laying flat on your back in bed. So many knives. Pull up your knees first. GL. 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    Weeks/size: 19 tomorrow!
    Team: Will hopefully find out tomorrow whether this is boy #3 or girl #1!

What's new with baby?: size of a mango! 8.5 oz and only 6 inches? The size of my belly begs to differ. Starting to feel him or her move more and more. Thank goodness!

Appointments?: Midwife appointment tomorrow as well as anatomy scan.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Just picked up a zillion cloth diapers I'd ordered from a co-op. I think we are set for diapers. Now just need clothes and a million other things!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I never ever had this problem with my first two pregnancies...I pee a little whenever I sneeze!! I'd heard of this but never thought it would happen to me!! I'd laugh if it wasn't so annoying! (Especially since I have a cold at the moment!)

Questions?: Braxton Hicks, anyone? Too early? I feel a lot of tightness, no pain though, particularly after I've exercised or just came back from a long walk. Anybody else experiencing BH contractions this early? I never had them with previous pregnancies.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? I completely agree with grammar, especially apostrophes. But my #1 pet peeve is talking about crummy connections over FaceTime/Skype/phone calls. Yes, the connection sucked. Can we move on and not re-hash why the call failed, how we couldn't hear each other, why that was frustrating... I feel like half the conversation is dedicated to that, and it makes me want to tear my hair out!!
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 18 weeks, 4 days.
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): Blue!

What's new with baby?: His kicking is starting to feel more like tapping.

Appointments?: Just my 18 week US this morning.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Still setting up his room. I might need to buy a belly band soon.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Acne is clearing up. I am loving my new body!

Questions?: None.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? People reading over my shoulder, people who get very close to you to talk (I mean right in your personal space!) People who make assumptions about another person based on one fact . Pretty much anything my boss  does (he does all three every day).
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 19 tomorrow - Mango
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): BLUE!!!!

What's new with baby?: Found out we are team blue today.  Third time's a charm, right?  Maybe I'll get it right this time ;) We have all the boy things already so this should be CHEAP!!  Anterior placenta so hopefully feeling stronger movements in the next few weeks.  I got to see baby boy sucking his thumb on the ultrasound today - so adorable!  Profile was very hard to make out though - oh well, he's healthy and that's all that matters!

Appointments?: Nov 10

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Not really.  Since we're BTDT, I feel like I can relax almost instead of "worrying" about a different sex. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Sciatic nerve is starting to flare up.  Hips are killing me.  Starting to get bad BH contractions.  Overall this pregnancy is textbook and no complications so I'm blessed.

Questions?: Ladies who have had the same sex but completely different seasons, did you buy a whole new wardrobe or just stay with the basics - like PJs, onesies?  I'm used to summer babies, but this is late winter/early spring.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Bad spelling/grammar. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    @jilloboe I've been getting braxton hicks for a couple weeks now, around 3-5 times a day. I asked the Dr. about it and she said it was normal this early, so it may be annoying but no worries! 
    imageimage

• Options
    @jilloboe absolutely not too early.  It can be worse with each pregnancy. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 18 + 2

Team (pink/blue/surprise):
    we find out in a couple weeks

What's new with baby?:
    Lots of baby kicks!

Appointments?:
    not for another 3 weeks

Not really.

Sniffles, and trouble sleeping.

Questions?:

GTKY: biggest pet peeve?
    People who mistake board, for bored. Misuse of their, there, and they're.
    And people who drive under the speed limit.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 19 weeks today

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Don't know yet

What's new with baby?: Size of a mango

Appointments?: 2 weeks from yesterday, Oct 27 :D

Nope, mainly waiting to find out the sex

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I few occasional headaches and back pain time to time, but otherwise I've been feeling great

Questions?: nope

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Probably bad drivers who don't know the rules and hesitant drivers. I REALLY can't stand people who don't know how to merge.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 16w6d
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): We find out on 10/27 :)

What's new with baby?: Baby is starting to hear, DH has been talking to LO a lot!

Appointments?: Next appointment is 10/27 for the anatomy scan and my check-up.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Still working on the nursery, finally have everything cleared out. Just waiting to find out if we are having a boy or girl then going to buy paint to get the room painted!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Craving burgers like crazy, Chinese food and ice cream! I haven't really been experiencing many symptoms lately but I am still working on trying to keep my blood pressure down!

Questions?: Did anyone announce to their families in a fun way after finding out what you were having? We want to do something fun but nothing that is over the top.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? I know it's a little one but I really hate when people use the microwave and pull their food out before the timer goes off and then leave the remaining time on the screen. I don't know why but it's bothered me ever since I was little.

March 2016 October Siggy: Awesome Halloween Costumes
  • Options

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? I know it's a little one but I really hate when people use the microwave and pull their food out before the timer goes off and then leave the remaining time on the screen. I don't know why but it's bothered me ever since I was little.

Meeeee too! My husband always does this, and laughs at me when I get super annoyed with his "leftover seconds" - I like seeing what time it is!

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 19!

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Finding out on the 21st, can't wait!

What's new with baby?: Working on those 5 senses!

Appointments?: Had a regular checkup yesterday, heartbeat sounded good and I'm really proud of myself for keeping the weight gain in check.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Does caving in to buying maternity jeans count?

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: At my appointment yesterday the OB (not my regular) was all upset that I had pushed back my A/S a week, because evidently the 2nd half of my blood work absolutely has to be done before I am 20 weeks, and my appointment is the same day that I hit that mark. Its all been incredibly frustrating and I've been told different things by different people and I'm annoyed that I have to take more time off of work just to get blood work done. I wish I only had to work 9-4 instead of from 8-5.

Questions?: None today.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Whenever someone talks or acts in a way that makes it blatantly obvious they haven't been listening to you. It especially drives me crazy at work when I am giving directions and I get ignored. If you pay attention when I tell you what to do, you won't have to do it twice!!
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 20weeks! ( tomorrow! Holy crap I'm halfway

Team (pink/blue/surprise): anatomy scan is Monday so DH can come since he has off work. I'm so freaking out.

What's new with baby?: moving moving moving. Even had some sudden pressure on my bladder while driving yesterday. Preview of things to come.

Appointments?: had an appointment yesterday and heard a super strong heartbeat. Could even hear the different valves functioning. Anatomy scan is Monday. I'm so anxious. Suspense kills me

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: nope other than buying clothes for my own growth. I refuse to buy a winter coat.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: nothing new. Happy for less headaches!

Questions?: I wonder what people miss most about being pregnant ( although maybe that's a GTKY for another week) I miss cuddling comfortably without my belly in the way

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Ugh so many. Lately it people who are paying for my advice but don't listen and then blame me but above all its probably people telling me what I should and shouldn't do. I will make my own decisions thank you. One of the biggest things I'm dreading about being bigger is random comments in public. Hiding it for as long as possible.
  • Options

Weeks/Size: 20 weeks 1 day Size of a banana

Team (pink/blue/surprise): BLUE. Had my anatomy scan today!

What's new with baby?: He is so active! I feel him constantly now. Haven't had a chance to read the new developments for this week but he weighs 15 ounces now!

Appointments?: Had an ultrasound today, next appointment is in three weeks.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Now that I know the gender, it's time to shop!

Heartburn! Keeps me up at night. It's the worst. Rant, my emotions have been all over the place lately. Cravings are taming down a bit. But I have been wanting McDonalds fries all day.

Questions?: Anyone recommend something OTC for heartburn? Never experienced it before getting pregnant. I may call my doctor but I don't know that she'll call anything in for me without seeing me. Plus, I need something NOW. Lol.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Getting behind someone in morning traffic going UNDER the speed limit with no one in front of them.. I don't get it.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 16wks

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Don't know yet

What's new with baby?: Getting hairy

Appointments?: November 11th

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Not yet, I did go to Baby's R Us and look around

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Been more crampy lately :-\

Questions?: Nothing Much

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? People chewing near me.  Ugh.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    @thecubiclee - tums always worked for me but I hear that it doesn't help others. If they aren't cutting it, try Zantac.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    smount2011smount2011 member
    edited October 2015

Weeks/Size: 20 weeks!  Half way there :)  Baby is the size of a banana.

Team (pink/blue/surprise):  Being held team green against my will!  Baby crossed its legs 

What's new with baby?: Unfortunately we found out baby is transverse due to a low-lying placenta.  We go back for another ultrasound on 11/11 to see if the placenta has moved and baby has flipped.  If not I will need a c-section and I am TERRIFIED of having one!

Appointments?: My 20 week appointment is scheduled for next Tuesday 10/20, along with my next injection.   

Can't really do anything at this point.  Baby refuses to show its parts so we can't go buy anything in terms of clothes- I know I've said it a million times already but there is absolutely NOTHING here in stores for neutral clothing (or anything for that matter)!   

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:My  tummy is getting hard on top, even though baby is still at my belly button.  It feels kinda weird :).  I am still getting leg cramps, although not charley horses (thank GOD).  I'm also bawling over EVERYTHING!   

Questions?:  None

GTKY: biggest pet peeve?  I hate the slow drivers, especially when the a-holes speed up on dotted lines so I can't pass them! 
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thecubiclee I LIVED on Tums with DS1 and DS2 - like went through a few bottles with each.  They are safe.  If that doesn't work, definitely talk to your doctor to get something stronger.  Some women even find ice cream is helpful believe it or not.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

Weeks/Size: 18 weeks - Sweet Potato!
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): SURPRISE!

What's new with baby?: hiccuping, swallowing, and sucking

Appointments?: I had an appointment this morning- Healthy heartbeat of 148! Scheduled my anatomy scan for Nov. 2.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: not this week

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Only threw up once this week! I call that a success!

Questions?: none

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Drivers who don't use blinkers!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 19+3
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): Green! So hard to hold strong on this one but we can't wait for that moment and sharing the news with family.

What's new with baby?: oh I don't know....I haven't read much lately.

Appointments?: Anatomy scan next Tuesday.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Holding off another month or so to do the closet organization since the rest of the nursery is done. Planning on an adjustable set from Home Depot. Will start on the wood accent wall soon.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Still pretty normal. Can't sleep very well anymore but I'm thankful everything else has been great. I feel like a normal person growing a big belly for no reason.

Questions?:

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Bad drivers. Left lane campers, people who use the carpool lane "just because they can" yet only go 60mph when they could use the slow lane at that same speed.....and all the looky loos who gawk at a collision and cause traffic backups. JUST DRIVE!!
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 19w 3d 

Team (pink/blue/surprise): We will find out in a week!

What's new with baby?: Tiny movement feelings. I wish I could constantly feel the baby  

Appointments?: Next Thursday! Both A/S and the doctor's appointment

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Started to learn knitting! Other than that making the shopping list.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Heartburn and trouble sleeping. Besides, I can feel that I'm getting bigger (already heaviest in my life), I can't move as freely as I used to.

Questions?: Not this week :)

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Agree with PPs. Also, I can't stand people who eat popcorn very LOUDLY in a movie theater. 
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 16 - avocado. (Guacamole, anyone?! yum.)

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Surprise!

What's new with baby?: Baby is looking less alien like and more like a real baby. And baby can hear me now! Poor thing has to listen to me babble all day!

Appointments?: Had one this morning and got to hear baby's heartbeat again. I just LOVE that sound. Anatomy scan is in three weeks!

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Will probably start to plan the nursery now that we got through this last 16 week appointment. I'm starting to finally take a positive look at things and ready to plan! I'll still worry because, well ... that's just me. But, feeling over the moon right now!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Tailbone is still killing me. Ugh.

Questions?: None 

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? Agree with the bad driving and also HATE loud chewing. So gross.

• Options
    mshukhmshukh member
    edited October 2015
    Posting this for tomorrow cause I'll be too busy to update. 
    Weeks/Size: 19 - Mango. I heart mangos. 

Team (pink/blue/surprise): We get to find out in eactly a week (assuming baby cooperates). I can't wait. 

What's new with baby?: Baby is growing vernix (hair like stuff) and just getting bigger. Sometimes I think I feel something, but it's never for certain. I envy those of you who feel the babies move already. That was also the thing I missed the most after delivering our first, so I can't wait to feel it again. 

Appointments?: We will have the US (anatomy scan) on the 23rd and my next appointment on the 26th. 

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby? Nothing yet, other than waiting to find out the sex and trying my best to stay very active and eat well most of the time. I say most of the time, cause let's face it, I'm pregnant and sometimes I just want stuff that's not that great. Dark Cherry gelato....yummm. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Even though I don't mind a gelato, I still have a fairly strong aversion to sweet stuff. Especially things like waffles, cookes, pies, chocolate, cereal, and sweet fruit. Yesterday I couldn't figure out what I wanted until I saw it.....the GRAPEFRUIT that I've almost forgotten about. Oh it was the best thing I've had all week. Also, I have some smell aversions still especially to cafeteria smells or kitchen after someone cooked. Other than that, not too much to complain about. Nausea almost all gone, waking up less frequent at night, energy is there. I just wish it wasn't so dark and cold when I have to get up for a run or a walk with the dog these days. 

Questions? None for now. 

GTKY: I have to agree with the "bad / slow drivers and reckless drivers" comments above. Also, I hate when people don't put things back where they got them from. I love keeping a clean and organized house. I love everything sparkling and shining. So it is often frustrating when others in the house (not the toddler) don't take the same care and misplace mugs, leave stuff on the counter, don't open blinds in the morning, don't clean things thoroughly, etc....(I could go on and on and on). I also get frustrated with people who are dragged around by their dogs from big to tiny. Somehow they think that after saying "no" 12 times, on the 13th is when the dog will suddenly realize that it doesn't want to pull to meet my dog anymore. SMH. That was a lot. Sorry!
    Edited: I'm not sure why it's bolding everything. It won't let me change it. 
    imageimage

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 20 - the size of a banana, belgian endive, or mango depending on the app

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Team green!!

What's new with baby?: Baby is moving a lot which is so much fun, DH still cannot feel but he is enjoying talking to baby.

Appointments?: Anatomy scan followed by doctors appointment on Wednesday, the 21st. I am really looking forward to the ultrasound this time not only to see baby but my mom will be attending with DH and this will be her first ultrasound. She came to my last appointment and got all emotional over the doppler so DH and I both agreed she needed to experience an ultrasound.

Crib arrived yesterday so this weekend DH and I will be setting up the crib. Yes I know it is way too early to be doing this but I am just too excited to wait :)

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I'm experiencing a lot of leg cramping when I get to bed. Once I fall asleep I am fine but it is taking longer to fall asleep due to the leg cramps.

Questions?: None that I can think of.

GTKY: biggest pet peeve? As a teacher I hate being asked questions that I either just stated, verbatim or when a student re-asks a question that was just asked.