April 2015 Moms

Marriage issues

It's only been an year for our marriage and we have a baby. I am unhappy for so many reasons..
I feel like my husband doesn't trust me. He checks my phone, if I receive a call from a strange number he will pick it up and try to find who it is. Moreover he even reads messages sent to me by best friend who is a girl. He says it's not that he doesn't trust me he just wants to ensure that no one disturbs me by strange calls. I told him that my number has been used by someone else previously so the calls are for him. And about reading my friends messages, he says he just casually reads them. The other day I went to the restaurant in my building with her and when I came back he asked if I only went with her or was there anyone else. But I don't understand why when my best friends name pops up, why does he have to open the message? I never lied to him. If anyone called me/ texted me , I told him about it.
He God promised me that he trusts me but how can I believe when all these things happen?
Ever since we had our baby not once did he ask me to go for dinner or for a ride with him. I have to ask him all the time. We live with my parents so my mom is willing to take care of baby.
He does not offer any help in taking care of baby and says that I won't get tired and he's tired coz he goes to work. After a lot of explaining he is better now.
What should I do?

Re: Marriage issues

• I'm so sorry Raayn this is happening. My husband is useless with baby care as well. In fact I'm pretty sure he pretends to be asleep when the baby cries overnight!
    I don't know what you can do about him 'checking up' on you but if you want to go out with him you should maybe organise it. He might not know how to go about organizing a date now that you have a baby... If you plan it all in sure you will both have a great time. Or maybe have a regular time planned to do something together every fortnight or few weeks if you can manage it.