December 2015 Moms
Options

Baby had extra fluid in both ventricales of the brain

Had an ultrasound today at 31 weeks 5 days and they said she had extra fluid in the brain. just wondering how common this is? Have to have a level 2 ultrasound. Waiting on the phone call for the appt. Hate reading online cause it makes me nervous. Has anyone else had this happen and everything was fine?

Re: Baby had extra fluid in both ventricales of the brain

• Options
    I don't have any experience or knowledge to share, but wanted to let you know that you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I will update as I get info. Suppose to have a call with an appt by 4 pm tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not experienced this, however, at about 9 months old my sons head was measuring much larger in proportion to the rest of his body.. They did a brain MRI and it, thankfully, was ok. I pray the same for you!!
  • Options
    No experience but sending my thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Options
    I don't have any experience either but will be thinking about you and your baby.
  • Options
    Sending prayers, stay strong momma!
  • Options
    My mum said that when she was pregnant with me they said i had extra fluid in the brain and were preparing for difficulties (i don't know what kind) but she was put under observation and had more frequent appointments and then i came out perfectly fine with absolutely nil issues. That is the only experience i can see similarly but that was in the 90's. Sorry i can't be of more help.
    Best of luck xo
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and baby.
  • Options
    I hope everything is okay, I'll be thinking of you.
  • Options
    No experience but hoping everything goes smoothly!
  • Options
    Have to have an MRI, level 2 ultrasound, and genetic testing done on Oct 22nd. Hoping it corrects itself and the baby won't require any surgery after birth
  • Options
    I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Went to Akron Children's Hospital yesterday. The staff was so nice. They told me I would have to deliver in Akron General. Which is an hour and 15 mins a way. They really didn't give us much answers cause they said there is so many variables and really can't tell till she is here.
  • Options
    im glad they are taking every precaution, hope they can give you more info as things go along.
    Did they say you'd need to deliver early?
    Thinking of you & your family
  • Options
    Yes they want to induce at 37 weeks if I can make it. But I'm already showing a lot of signs of premature labor
  • Options
    A friend had a perfectly healthy babe who showed fluid on one side. Hopefully it ends up like that!!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Keeping you and your LO in my thoughts!
  • Options
    Hope your lo "bakes" for as long as possible. Just saw my friends daughter today - she was born at 32 weeks - she is now 3 1/2 & healthy as can be :)
    Please keep us posted. Thinking of you all :)
  • Options
    Just saw this. I'll be keeping you and your LO in my thoughts and heart.
  • Options
    Appt today and they say everything is still stable. I'm 3 cm dilated and 70 % effaced already. I had a very fast labor and delivery with my son at 36 weeks. So now they are worried she is coming sooner.
  • Options
    Sending many t&p's to you and baby.

Me (36) + DH(35) = Married 9yrs!
    BFP #1 May 2010! mc @11weeks blighted ovum, natural mc.
    BFP #2 Sept 2010! mc @9 weeks, natural mc. Diagnosed with Prothrombin Gene Mutation or Factor II (hetro)-baby asprin while ttc, Found out the hard way that I am deathly allergic to aspirin- OB put me on Heparin injections.
    BFP #3 July 2011 with DS (whom was diagnosed with bilateral trans-radial limb deficiency at 20 week A/S-with no answers why) born 4-12-12.
    BFP #4 March 2013! Early mc @6weeks.
    BFP #5 Sept 2013 EDD June 5th, DS#2 born 5-31-14
    BFP #6 April 2015 EDD December 21st Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   

• Options
    Praying everything stays stable!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Glad they are monitoring you so closely & lo is stable. Thoughts & prayers to you
  • Options
    You are in my thoughts. Hope she stays in there a bit longer!!!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    You are in my prayers!
  • Options
    Thinking of you!
  • Options
    My twin A had extra fluid in both ventricles. His highest measuring was 11mm and it resolved itself back down to a 9.5-10 by the time I was 30ish weeks. Both twins were born at 33 weeks perfectly healthy and normal! I wouldn't stress too much about it, or google it. My doctor said they are trying to change the standards of normal to 12 mm and it's more common for boys to have a higher level of fluid in their ventricles. Best of luck to you! :)
  • Options
    Well I had to be induced on Nov 17th due to high blood pressure and racing heartbeat for me. She got stressed during labor and pooped in the womb. They gave her antibiotics via IV and she is doing great. They r doing an MRI tomorrow on her. I unfortunately have only seen her for 10 mins due to the fact that they sent her to the children's hospital across the street. But now my blood pressure and heart rate are back to normal and sometime later today I will released to be with hwr. I will let everyone know what the Dr's say. As for now she is doing great and eating great. Shows no signs of any health problems.
  • Options

Well I had to be induced on Nov 17th due to high blood pressure and racing heartbeat for me. She got stressed during labor and pooped in the womb. They gave her antibiotics via IV and she is doing great. They r doing an MRI tomorrow on her. I unfortunately have only seen her for 10 mins due to the fact that they sent her to the children's hospital across the street. But now my blood pressure and heart rate are back to normal and sometime later today I will released to be with hwr. I will let everyone know what the Dr's say. As for now she is doing great and eating great. Shows no signs of any health problems.

Congratulations. Glad to hear you & baby are doing better!