Baby Names

Last opinion post I swear...

So, just when I think we're getting somewhere... DH decides he is in love with the name Jensen Robert. I like it because it's not wildly popular and is unique without being made up. But at the same time I'm worried it's a little too unique. Thoughts?
9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
PgAL/PAL always welcome
imageimage

Re: Last opinion post I swear...

• It's not a name I would choose, but certainly not crazy or "out there". I think it's fine and if you both like it then go for it.
    Jensen makes me think of Jensen Ackles, the Supernatural actor. It's not a connection a lot of people are likely to make, but if you don't know who he is look him up. Definitely a good association ;) hehe
  • sarahgn said:

It's not a name I would choose, but certainly not crazy or "out there". I think it's fine and if you both like it then go for it.
    Jensen makes me think of Jensen Ackles, the Supernatural actor. It's not a connection a lot of people are likely to make, but if you don't know who he is look him up. Definitely a good association ;) hehe

Hahaha actually, that is exactly where we got the name. ;) we are both huge Supernatural fans and when I suggested Dean it made him think of Jensen lol. Although if my son looked anything like him I think I'll be chasing the girls off with a stick. :P
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • sarahgn said:

It's not a name I would choose, but certainly not crazy or "out there". I think it's fine and if you both like it then go for it.

Hahaha actually, that is exactly where we got the name. ;) we are both huge Supernatural fans and when I suggested Dean it made him think of Jensen lol. Although if my son looked anything like him I think I'll be chasing the girls off with a stick. :P
    I'm finishing up season 10 at this very moment. He only gets better with age. Lol
  • sarahgn said:

sarahgn said:

I'm finishing up season 10 at this very moment. He only gets better with age. Lol
    Completely agree!
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• If my son ended up looking like him I would be pretty proud of myself. I would also keep him locked away in the house.
  • sarahgn said:

If my son ended up looking like him I would be pretty proud of myself. I would also keep him locked away in the house.

Hahahaha yes and yes!
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• This would be me.
  • I like the name. I also thought Jensen Ackles (he used to be on Days of Our Loves). Good choice!
  • I like Dean more than Jensen but it's certainly not "too unique"
  • This is awesome. If my baby is a boy, I plan to name him Sam. (Samuel Ryan).

I think Jensen is a great name :)
  • amangels2 said:

This is awesome. If my baby is a boy, I plan to name him Sam. (Samuel Ryan).

I think Jensen is a great name :)

Aw I love Samuel Ryan! I have a nephew Samuel :)
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Not a fan.  It screams trendy to me (the whole using a surname as a first name trend).  Also, I don't personally feel that naming a child after a movie star or favorite tv character makes a whole lot of sense or has any real meaning to it.  No judgement, just my opinion.

• Seems super trendy to me, last names as first names, so I wouldn't do it but there are far more ridiculous names out there.
  • ashx3reneeashx3renee member
    edited October 2015
    Not a fan.  It screams trendy to me (the whole using a surname as a first name trend).  Also, I don't personally feel that naming a child after a movie star or favorite tv character makes a whole lot of sense or has any real meaning to it.  No judgement, just my opinion.
    I wouldn't say we would be naming the baby AFTER him per se, that's just where we heard the name from. 

ETA: The suggestion Dean was also not made because of the TV Character.. it was just what DH associated the name with when I suggested it.. which made him think of the actor that played him, and then in turn brought the name Jensen to the table. 
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Hmm, nms but not a name I would side-eye. I kinda like it.