Baby Names
Options

Annabelle...

Hi all!

Recently found out I'm expecting baby #3! I have a a four year old, Lucy and a 19 month old, Violet. This pregnancy is a complete surprise.

We haven't really even had time to process the idea of another baby, much less names, but the subject came up over dinner. Both girls are named after family and we'd like to do the same this time around. The boy name we had picked out both previous pregnancies is William Dexter (William is my husbands first name, Dexter was my grandfather's and uncle's middle name).

We've tossed around using Ann in some form both previous pregnancies because that is my husband's mother's middle name and his grandmother's first name. Over dinner dh suggested Annabelle. I have to admit it's really sticking with me. I think it fits well with Lucy and Violet.

Opinions? And which spelling do you prefer?

Annabelle
Annabel

Middle name I think I'd like to do a variation of my middle name, Marie. Either Marion or Maris? (All mean "of the sea").

I know we still have plenty of time but I'm trying to really get excited instead of stress. 3 BABIES! Ish just got real.

Mama to two perfect little girls.
Lucy 07-13-11
Violet 03-13-14
Conceived #3 since September 2015
11-25-15 twelve week loss
07-21-16 ten week loss
10-03-16 5 week loss
TTC again soon!

Re: Annabelle...

• Options
    I prefer Annabelle

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer Annabelle unless you are Hispanic/Latina. I think Maris flows better with Annabelle but I would pick Marie of the three. Is there a reason not to just use your same mn?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrstrax said:

I prefer Annabelle unless you are Hispanic/Latina. I think Maris flows better with Annabelle but I would pick Marie of the three. Is there a reason not to just use your same mn?

I guess there's no reason not to... I've just always felt Marie was kind of a filler name, and dated. Never really liked the flow of my own name.

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    Oh and my husband is Portuguese... So Annabel would make sense.... But I really do think I prefer the spelling Annabelle better. It looks prettier on paper.

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    Well in that case I vote either spelling with Maris :)
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Annabelle is soooo sweet! And looks so great with your other girls' names. Love it.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Annabelle Marie is lovely.
  • Options
    I love Annabelle!
  • Options
    Love Annabelle
  • Options
    I love Annabelle Marie.  Honestly though, it makes me think about the creepy movie with the possessed doll.  BUT, I think that association would pass in time.  My parent's got my brother Gage's name from the little boy in the movie Pet Sematary and while the association was made at the time, most people nowadays don't even pick up on it anymore. 

9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Options
    I like the Annabelle spelling, and I also like Marie over Marion or Maris.  You could also consider Mary.
  • Options
    I love Annabelle and think it goes well with your other daughters' names. I like Annabelle Marie best...it makes more sense to me to say "I have the same middle name as my mom." instead of "It's a variation of my mom's middle name."

I plan to use my mom's middle name (Marie also) for my first daughter. I dislike that it is a dated but common middle filler name too. I plan to use it anyway because my daughter can say she is named after her grandmother and that's what is most important to me.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    Oh Annabelle Marie! <3

Two cats I had in my life, both passed on now, were named Annabelle and Marie. 

I realize they're cats but i'm really into my cats, you guys. 
  • Options
    Love love love this name. Think i prefer Annabelle, but you can't go wrong.