Baby Names

Girl naming, not a piece of cake for first time parents

JeterpantsJeterpants member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
DH and I were down to 3 names and I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. I posted a poll on here with my favorite,(Jenna) and his (Lillie), only to discover that Lillie is super popular and trendy now. After some research I also discovered our third name, Olivia, is also too popular for my taste. DH is not "crazy" about my pick, Jenna.

So...I need suggestions please! Her MN will be Elizabeth, non negotiable. Our last name starts with a "W" and is not left but right, if you get my drift. ;) Looking for something simple, not too popular or trendy now but not "original" or spelled weird. Thanks for your help!! :D :x

P.S. how does everyone feel about two middle names? I'm trying to incorporate DH's mothers MN of Kay, she recently passed away. We agree we dont like it as a first name.

Re: Girl naming, not a piece of cake for first time parents

• Let's see, simple but not overly popular, maybe

Julia
    Lydia
    Noelle
    Molly
    Autumn
    Ruby
    Clara
    Iris
    Alison
    Sadie
    Nina
    Margot
  • Katherine Elizabeth has always been one of my favorite names. I think it would go well with your last name.
  • Loading the player...
  • What if you use Kay in the first name like,
    Kayla
    Kayleigh
    Kaylinn
  • If you like Jenna what about something like Genevieve? You could still call her Jenna but DH could use a different NN. As for the middle name part, I'm never a big fan of two. You said Elizabeth is a non negotiable so that's your answer unless only you feel that way and DH would rather use Kay. If that's the case, you need to discuss which name is more important.
  • I love Genevieve and think a great suggestion.

Other favorites that aren't too popular:
    Natalie
    Ivy
    Lilah
    Tessa
    Audrey
    Julia/Juliet
    Stella
    Hazel
  • I think 2 middle names is a good idea. I have 2 and have not had an issue. It's a way to add in another family name!
    Katrina
    Corrine
    Carina
    Lucy
    Maggie
    Alexis

• @keri0426 I actually suggested Kayla to him too. He's still thinking about it but said he likes the name.

@emmy236 DH agreed to Elizabeth over Kay as the MN. Elizabeth was my grandmothers name. I do love Genevieve!
  • Genevieve is an awesome alternative to Jenna! I love that.

Some other random ''unique'' names with Elizabeth.....
    Adelaide Elizabeth
    Rosalie Elizabeth
    Arielle Elizabeth
    Edie Elizabeth
    Ophelia Elizabeth
    Willa Elizabeth
    Anastasia Elizabeth

• Well if you decide you love Genevieve and DH is on the fence you could always offer up Kay for the middle name spot. I think Genevieve Kay sounds lovely. I had to compromise with DD. DS was named after men from my side so for baby #2 DH got a lot more input. I originally wanted Johanna after my grandma (my mom and brother both have names derived from it) but DH didn't love it. We compromised with using a J name. He absolutely loved the name Juliet and I did too. Now I couldn't imagine her being anything else. Now if we have baby #3 and it's a girl Genevieve is my top choice!
  • What about if you used Elizabeth as a first name? 

Elizabeth Kay 

Elizabeth has SOOOOOOO many different nicknames that you can use if you don't want to call her Elizabeth. 
    Beth
    Eliza
    Liz
    Betsy
    Ellie
    Betty
    (the list could go on and on...)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I'm not normally a fan of "extra names" but the MN Elizabeth Kay is fine, especially because you have a reason for using Kay. I like Juliet more than Jenna or Genevieve. Jenna feels really dated.
  • My sister in law's name is Season and middle name Bridgette .

I think it's a pretty and unusual name, Season. 

• What about Virginia (nn Ginny) instead of Jenna?
  • what do you think of Gemma? It is close to Jenna