June 2015 Moms

Funny Fur Baby Stories

So my lab seriously has an iron stomach, which is ironic because he had stomach issues as a puppy. Anyway...my DH left a bag of Hershey mini candy bars on the floor in our room and Toby dog got into the candy while we were out and about. I have no idea how much chocolate he consumed, but he did get an upset stomach. Two poops in the house and numerous candy wrapper poops outside. Damn dog. This dog has eaten so many things and taken far too many trips to the vet. Here are some of the things he's consumed and still lived until the ripe old age of 13:
-Lavender bath salts
-Nearly an entire batch of sugar cookies
-Cleaned out the bottom shelf of the pantry, which is my baking area so there was coconut, chocolate, coconut flour, and nuts.
-So many left over snack plates from my DS that I've lost count.
-Bags of cookies
-Loafs of bread
-A bag of bagels
-Gotten into the trash and
-A Costco size bag of Craisins, just to name a few.

What funny/crazy pet stories do you have?

Re: Funny Fur Baby Stories

• Loading the player...
  • Any of your dogs eat their own shit? One of our family dogs growing up did. We couldn't leave him outside by himself.
  • katyqv said:

Any of your dogs eat their own shit? One of our family dogs growing up did. We couldn't leave him outside by himself.

This is actually pretty common. Usually in young dogs, but not all the time. There's stuff you can put in their food that makes their poop taste bad. Keep using it until your dog has broken the habit
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mellymar wow, I had no idea. He's the only dog I've ever known to do that.

• katyqv said:

@mellymar wow, I had no idea. He's the only dog I've ever known to do that.

Here's a good article on it. Its got some pointers for stuff to use as deterrents. Like you could sprinkle Tabasco or pepper on the stool after they go. Or you can add a product like For-Bid to their food. Ask your vet if they have a product they recommend, they probably have one. As long as your dog has a current exam (within the past 6m to a year), unless your vet is kinda a jerk you shouldn't have to bring in, you should just be able to leave a message and have a nurse call you back. Used to get this call all the time. The receptionist may even know the answer right off the bat if the Dr has given them the permission to give that info out. Easy fix, but takes determination on your part, could take some time

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/coprophagia-eating-feces
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow my dog won't even eat a piece of popcorn unless there is butter on it. Like he likes it to make sure it's good and salty. He doesn't eat carrots or other good for dog veggies he's eaten a shit ton of bread treats trash toys shoes underwear pads and other gross stuff though. He's also very lazy and won't take treats from other people. But pretty annoying when you drop something on the floor and it's too healthy for the dog to eat..
  • Good lord these posts made me feel better. I thought it was bad when my 50 pounder ate a box of tissues, a diaper, numerous socks, and a bag of flour tortillas. It's good to know it's 'normal' behavior.
  • My oddest cat, Shiloh, loves popcorn. I get the kind already in the bag and she knows the sound when I open the package. She comes over and puts her paw on my leg until I give her some. She eats about two kernals and then she's good. It is the only human food she has ever shown any interest in eating (besides meat/fish). I figure two pieces of popcorn can't hurt and she is so funny.

On the topic of dogs eating their own poop. That is so gross...but it's about to get grosser . My dad had a scottish terrier who like to eat the cat poop out of the litter box. And my dad called is almond roca! Ew! But so funny at the same time.
  • Our dog will devour loaves of bread if we leave them out. The cat had started opening the pantry, so he now can pull the bread out of there. We're having to keep it on top of the fridge until he figures out how to use a ladder.
  • Our dog loves roughage. Like he will beg for leafy greens and we couldn't let him in the backyard alone because he'd eat broccoli, spinach, radish tops, you name it.

DH's cat loves pizza crust. Mine loves cake, muffins, and fake cake flavoring, like birthday cake flavored ice cream or cereal.

DH'S cat has also started using the bouncy seat and sleeping in the swing.
  • mypower610mypower610 member
    edited September 2015
    Bella eats shit! Ugh so disgusting!! When she was a puppy she used to grab our socks. But she's grown out of that. She likes to lay near LO if she's in her pack n play or swing.
    Remi likes to grab LO's items (socks, toys) so we're careful where we put them. He's super protective of LO, esp on walks. He always has to check where she is at home.
  • ^^ So precious!!