October 2015 Moms
Options

Natural birth

I just wanted to let all you ladies who are planning a natural birth know that you can totally do it! I had one of the most beautiful births I could ever have planned for! It will hurt but if you focus and keep your mind on your little bundle of joy then it is 100% do able and 100% worth it!!
Good luck!

Re: Natural birth

• Options
    Thank you! It's nice to hear that it is possible every once in a while.
  • Options
    I can't believe I did it. I am so thankful my labor was only 7 hours long! You are right, if anyone is considering doing this, do it! We are built for this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anyone know if it's possible to go unmediated if induced? I ask because I'm now being watched closely for elevated blood pressure. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and had one high reading last week and my 24-hour urine protein was slightly elevated. My midwife was concerned that I would have to be induced in the hospital if my blood pressure continues to be high (it's been normal ever since the one high reading).

I'm terrified of getting pitocin and I really wanted to have an unmediated birth at my birthing center. The whole thing has me really upset even though ultimately mine and baby's health is most important.
  • Options
    My SIL was induced due to pre-e. She went for the epidural and it didn't work. She did amazing! My FIL was there, he is a doctor and has seen many births. He claims that she was the calmest woman in labor he had ever seen. She focused on singing Broadway musicals lol. Whatever works but you can get through it.
  • Options
    leah665 said:

Anyone know if it's possible to go unmediated if induced? I ask because I'm now being watched closely for elevated blood pressure. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and had one high reading last week and my 24-hour urine protein was slightly elevated. My midwife was concerned that I would have to be induced in the hospital if my blood pressure continues to be high (it's been normal ever since the one high reading).

I'm terrified of getting pitocin and I really wanted to have an unmediated birth at my birthing center. The whole thing has me really upset even though ultimately mine and baby's health is most important.

I had pitocin with my first due to her being stuck. We got her moved but I needed pit to get some stronger contractions going and I did it unmedicated. It was a 45 hour labor with no medication. It can be done. :)
  • Options
    Sometimes they'll try to push an epidural on you if you get pitocin (depending on the hospital), but you can decline it! I ended up telling them to stop suggesting it, and that I'd ask for it if I wanted it!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance ladies! I needed that.
  • Options
    @leah665, I've done it a couple times. It's totally do-able if that's what you want!
  • Options
    FTM and had a natural water birth after 15+ hours of labor. It's the hardest thing I've ever done and I wanted to give up near the end. I'm so glad I stuck with it and very proud of myself. I had to continously remind myself not to fight the pain and really focus on my breathing. I think having a Doula was a big part of me being successful.
  • Options
    I was in labor for 22+ hours and let me tell you I did not think I would be able to do it without the epidural or any medicine! But I did!!! I'm a FTM and it was the hardest thing I had to do! But once you have your baby in your arms you forget about eveything.. It was worth every pain! Towards the end I wanted to give up but constantly reminded my self that we got this far so I had to finish strong! And had my baby girl today!