1st Trimester

Disgusting Creature

2»

Re: Disgusting Creature

• Why are women who are not even pregnant on thus forum? That's creepy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't feel necessarily disgusting but I have started to show a bump VERY early & my friend who is two weeks ahead of me hasn't changed appearance at all! That makes me feel so gross, & depressed, & hopeless --(note: I haven't gained weight but there's definitely a bump & it's solid so not bloat). I'm also exhausted so it's hard to find motivation to get simple things done. People say the second trimester is better so keeping fingers crossed!
  • Kitty0074 said:
    I don't feel necessarily disgusting but I have started to show a bump VERY early & my friend who is two weeks ahead of me hasn't changed appearance at all! That makes me feel so gross, & depressed, & hopeless --(note: I haven't gained weight but there's definitely a bump & it's solid so not bloat). I'm also exhausted so it's hard to find motivation to get simple things done. People say the second trimester is better so keeping fingers crossed!
    How many weeks are  you? Even solid can be bloat, hun. Trust, I looked 20 weeks at 10 weeks, then the bloat got better and I didn't really show baby until second trimester. So, I understand you think its baby, but I promise you-- when  you get there you will see how wrong you are about this right now. I'm not saying that to be rude. I'm saying that to be real.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• jonesl12 said:

Why are women who are not even pregnant on thus forum? That's creepy.

There are alot of women who have had kids and/or are TTC that give wonderful advice and even look here for answers. Not sure how that's "creepy". You have been a member for 4 years so you have been pregnant for 4 years ? Probably not but you have likely come back to get advice in different forums and that advice has likely come from some non pregnant women willing to share their experiences and wisdom with you. I'm greatful for women like @PrimRoseMama who help so many on here.
    Amen to that.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also on the post it is the person that love titted that post. I'm going to need a new set of post its.

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• It's been a while since I've run across a love tit :) lol
  • I wore makeup about once a month pre-pregnancy, top knot it every day of my life, and save shaving exclusively for those moments when I'm just not ready to get out of the shower yet. I like that stuff to make me feel extra fancy, not how I'm supposed to look every day. I totally respect women who like to do all that every day, but just remember if you can't swing it sometimes, you still look like a normal beautiful woman! So don't equate no makeup to being gross. Being pregnant is too draining without beating yourself up for just looking like a normal person.
  • @Pascal86 you know it really is so easy to forget that! I stopped wearing makeup earlier this year and I kind of retroactively realized I had fallen into the habit of wearing much more makeup than I ever had before. I was just being a zombie in the mornings and unconsciously fitting in with some new acquaintances.

Now that I have gone natural I feel so much better about myself. And wearing lip gloss and mascara is a fast, easy, and wonderful way of fancying up now :)
  • @alanna3622 I've totally been the same way - just start wearing it arbitrarily every day and it becomes a habit, and for me, all of a sudden I'm like, "why am I wearing makeup just to stare at a computer screen all day?" And revert back to my natural self with the option of feeling way more glammed up with very little.
  • ijstarr28ijstarr28 member
    edited October 2015
    Even before baby, i thought winter was 'off season' for shaving legs?

I'm not a particularly hairy person. I dont even notice any fuzz on my legs for about 3 days after shaving my legs.  I do the same as some PP with shaving my legs and trimming my 'business' when going to the OB.  

My under arms are crazy tho!! Those suckers have to be managed on a EOD basis.  The good thing is that we're getting into fall... Long sleeve shirts and cute scarves. No one will see it!! 

I also never wear make up and I let my hair naturally dry with a little hair spray. My DH knows it's a 'special' night if i wear full face makeup. Last time I did he said i looked 'slutty but in a good way' um, ok... 

When my skin feels dry or i start to see more breakouts I use a tinted moisturizer BB cream I get from Sephora. I would also suggest putting your face wash in the shower. I wash my face while the conditioner is setting in my hair and rinse it all off at the same time. It saves a step and additional towel in the bathroom. Face wash cloths are also good. Throw those bad boys in your desk at work and if you feel grimy just do a quick wipe down. 

I am on team 'sleep 20 minutes more instead of doing makeup'... but i've been a member of this team my whole life. No one has run away from me screaming, yet!!

tl;dr: you be you! it's fall... enjoy the long pants and sleeved shirts!! 

Edit: spelling
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Wow! It's great that you can do that but do you think it's necessary to be a jerk to someone who is experiencing a different aspect of pregnancy. Maybe being understanding would be nicer! 
  • franniep1108franniep1108 member
    edited October 2015
    Rostislm said:
    So is it normal for miserable women to troll maternity forums? My God! Shouldn't we be positive and supportive instead of judgey and antagonistic? What the hell is wrong with some of these people? And BigBoobs...you totally caught me. So jealous.

OP, If you're looking to bond with other "disgusting creatures" like yourself, perhaps your BMB would be a better place to post this.

I'm not judging you for being disgusting quite so much as thinking that it's an appropriate subject matter to post about and "bond" with other women over.

Also, posting here while not pregnant does not a troll make. This board has a lot of questions from women experiencing potential miscarriages or those who have other serious questions regarding pregnancy. Honestly, when I read the title of this thread I thought the poster might be depressed or at the least experiencing low self esteem and I though perhaps she needed some support. Sadly, no, she just thinks poor hygiene is cool.

**Removed for TOU Violation**
  • Be careful BigBoobs. All that time and effort on the outside may leave you with no time to take care of the inside. From your comments, sounds like you could benefit from spending some time beautifying what really matters.
    This. Was. Awesome! :x

I think all the work I spend on my outer appearance is paying off. No?

@bigboobsmcgee so you're claiming you are big ang from mob wives now. So you are rude to people but you have to pretend you are someone from television. Nice touch! 

Is there a way we can block people on here? 

• edited October 2015
    Disagreeing =/= bullying. In fact, telling someone that they're teaching their child to be a jerk is rude. Here's the deal, I didn't agree with Dusty 100% either, but it's her opinion on a topic on a public forum so I shrugged my shoulders and read on past.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • franniep1108franniep1108 member
    edited October 2015
    Disagreeing =/= bullying. In fact, telling someone that they're teaching their child to be a jerk is rude. Here's the deal, I didn't agree with Dusty 100% either, but it's her opinion on a topic on a public forum so I shrugged my shoulders and read on past.

How am I bullying? I'm glad you have an opinion but there was no bullying in my statement. We are all pregnant and we will be raising kids. Bullying someone on a forum is what they did. Not what I said. So please don't even start with me on that! I'm glad you disagree but calling me a bully... no, not the case. You dont want to teach your kid to bully or be rude to other people that is all I am saying. So maybe check the terminology! 
  • @drillsergeantcat I was not bullying nor did I say she was going raise her kid to be a jerk. Please don't read into my statement to cause a bigger issue because that is not what I said and I love how people jump to the bullying factor when that is not the case. 
  • edited October 2015
    You need to re-read what I wrote. I didn't say you were bullying. I said disagreeing doesn't equal (=/=) bullying but you saying that someone is teaching their kid to be a jerk was rude. I'm just going to assume you didn't know what =/= meant.

• @drillsergeantcat clearly I didn't know what you meant since I clarified it further that I didn't get what you meant in your statement. Maybe re-reading what I wrote because I never said she was bullying but she should be careful how she is treating someone who is clearly going through a lot... hence the fact she posted on here. Honestly, find me rude. Oh well, I will live with that but I am not gonna bash someone who is already down and posting on a public forum about it! 
  • @drillsergeantcat clearly I didn't know what you meant since I clarified it further that I didn't get what you meant in your statement. Maybe re-reading what I wrote because I never said she was bullying but she should be careful how she is treating someone who is clearly going through a lot... hence the fact she posted on here. Honestly, find me rude. Oh well, I will live with that but I am not gonna bash someone who is already down and posting on a public forum about it! 

"Are you panties in a wad because of pregnancy hormones or are you just a bully?" Those are YOUR words to Dusty Melons. And I don't think OP is "going through a lot" either. I think she's trying to make light of a situation where we're all tired.

• @drillsergeantcat I apologize I misspoke but why did you shrug your shoulders at much ruder and mean comments but took it upon yourself to jump on me. Sorry I'm dealing with a million things at work, managing a person and trying to respond so I misspoke and said I didn't say "or are you just a bully."  Maybe you found me rude, but she was rude and you shrugged your shoulders. Do me a huge favor do the same at my comments since clearly I wasn't speaking to you! Thanks!

• @drillsergeantcat I am done with the back and forth. It's dumb and it's a waste of time. Prove me wrong more but at this point I'm done with this forum for the week. 
  • I thought, nah, I haven't skimped on any beauty routine yet. Then I got a glimpse of my leg. Yeah, haven't shaved in a week and my hair now gets greasy about 24 hours after washing when it used to be able to go a couple days. I put on make-up yesterday to meet up with friends for lunch though so I was pretty proud of myself. (Ok, so it was tinted moisturizer and some mascara, but better than nothing!)

If you're honestly too tired and nauseated, don't add stress on top of it. I think the dry shampoo is a great suggestion! Also, sometimes when I feel icky just brushing my teeth makes me feel better (if you can tolerate the toothpaste). Also, brushing my hair and putting it up in a bun or ponytail - even if it's greasy - seems to help a bit.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @drillsergeantcat I apologize I misspoke but why did you shrug your shoulders at much ruder and mean comments but took it upon yourself to jump on me. Sorry I'm dealing with a million things at work, managing a person and trying to respond so I misspoke and said I didn't say "or are you just a bully."  Maybe you found me rude, but she was rude and you shrugged your shoulders. Do me a huge favor do the same at my comments since clearly I wasn't speaking to you! Thanks!

Because you're new and they're not. I saw you imply that two people who are regular contributors are bullies and felt you should know that disagreement is not bullying. I shrug off a lot of what people say, but Dusty and Bigboobsmcgee have a lot to offer even I sometimes disagree with them. You say I need to look into what bullying is and I suggest you do the same. Snark also isn't bullying. All I saw on here was snark.

• @drillsegeantcat ok great! Thank you! I implied one person was a bully not two. So maybe you should recount and go back and check and do the quoting for all of that. I feel they were rude, you felt I was rude, I feel your annoying. Now we all know our roles. Put it to bed now. This is stupid to continue! 
  • @drillsergentcat I also said I misspoke. They are mean not bullies. So maybe you should go and requote that. I'm not saying their bullies but mean rude. So stop the annoying crap and leave me alone now. Thanks! 
  • @drillsergentcat I also said I misspoke. They are mean not bullies. So maybe you should go and requote that. I'm not saying their bullies but mean rude. So stop the annoying crap and leave me alone now. Thanks! 

If you feel like any of my comments were against TOU then you're free to report them, @franniep1108
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"