1st Trimester

Preserving Pink Lines on Pregnancy Test - How to???

Does anyone know how to long-term preserve the pink lines on the preg test stick?  I am thinking of painting with clear nail polish but don't know if it will destroy the strip.

Let me know if anyone has come up with something that works and doesn't turn the strip yellow or ruin it.  Thx!

Re: Preserving Pink Lines on Pregnancy Test - How to???

• Loading the player...
  • I agree - I kept my positive pregnancy tests for a couple of weeks until I had my first sonogram for confirmation.  I think keeping them as a sentiment is not unhygienic - you're pretty much hanging on to a pee stick.
    Photos are the way to go! :)
  • i actually kept mine :p me & my SO dont find ot gross, & it's not like I'm going to whip it out & show people. it's just for us to look & smile at (: i was going to keep the digital one as well but the battery died a few days after testing.
    i found that over time the pink lines on mine actually got darker, as opposed to fading away. I've only had mine for 11 weeks tho so not too sure what'll happen further down the line.
  • They get really gross over time (discolored and dirty looking) I promise, u definitely won't still want it 9 months from now. Take a pic as a keepsake. Ur ultrasound pics will make better keepsakes anyway :-)
  • My cousin said she still has hers, and her daughter is 10.  She was just talking about this and said the line was still pink.  I think she just put it in a zip baggie.  
  • Still have mine 5 years later.  Whatever, the pee is long evaporated.  It looks the same as it did then.
    My cousin said she still has hers, and her daughter is 10.  She was just talking about this and said the line was still pink.  I think she just put it in a zip baggie.  

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Take a picture. Saving that is gross.
  • kayla2536kayla2536 member
    edited October 2015
    My friend's son is 19 months and she still has hers. I personally threw mine away, I have some pictures and that's good enough for me. 
  • Thanks to those who actually responded to the question asked.

The question was NOT WHETHER to keep it, but how to preserve the lines.  All non-responsive answers disregarded.

The question was NOT WHETHER to keep it, but how to preserve the lines.  All non-responsive answers disregarded.

You don't seem to be familiar with how Internet forums work. You should probably lurk more if you're going to stick around.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any tips on how to preserve and save my placenta ? Lol
    Just put it in a clear ornament or frame it in a shadow box. ;)

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

Well, this comment has been disregarded by me.

This is not the way to go about getting to know people on here and becoming a part of the group (which I'm assuming is what you'd like to do, otherwise you would just google your questions, yes?).  If people have opposing things to say, they are allowed to say them.  That's how this works.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016

• nlwz123 said:

Any tips on how to preserve and save my placenta ? Lol

That could totally work !
    =))

Preserve it? Psssh, why would you want to do that?

You need to encapsulate it so the placenta will become one with you again, obviously. Or just eat it- fry it up with some onions.
  • vergara911vergara911 member
    edited October 2015
    **removed for TOU violation**
  • Wow. I actually can't believe what a bunch of absolute bitches post on here. I hope you all feel better and your chests are puffed out making this woman feel like she is gross or crazy to want to preserve her test. I am so disgusted and I'm leaving this forum. I hate to think how you treat other people and even your future children.
    I hope you feel better and your chest is puffed out by name-calling.  Peace!

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016

• A former co-worker's son took a picture and framed it for her. He then wrapped it and gave it to her like a present. She has a picture of a pee stick...framed...in her office...as the executive director of a non-profit. I'm with pp who said her proof was next to her on the couch. That's really all the proof you need that you were, indeed, pregnant. However, IF you feel the need to keep it, I'd take a picture and maybe put it in the baby book or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Lmao @vergara911

Why do you think anyone gives a shit if you leave? No need to tell us, honestly.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:
    Lmao @vergara911 Why do you think anyone gives a shit if you leave? No need to tell us, honestly. image
    I've never understood that line of thinking. I admin a facebook charity group and we'd have people post all the time that they were leaving for one reason or another. The most common was that they didn't make friends like they expected. People jumped all over that shit! You want to come in here, blast people, and then say you're leaving and we're all supposed to...what?...beg you to stay? Tell you how much you'll be missed? Just go, you know?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DrillSergeantCat yes! I'd be really sad to see some regs around here go, particularly the ones on my BMB. But someone who saunters in here and calls us bitches? Nope. Bye. Don't let the door hit ya, and all that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited October 2015
    vergara911 said:
    Wow. I actually can't believe what a bunch of absolute bitches post on here. I hope you all feel better and your chests are puffed out making this woman feel like she is gross or crazy to want to preserve her test. I am so disgusted and I'm leaving this forum. I hate to think how you treat other people and even your future children.
    That could totally work ! =))
    *ahem*

Though those are paintings made with placentas, so on par with taking a picture of a pee stick, kind of. Still better than keeping it. 
  • FiancB said:

nlwz123 said:

Any tips on how to preserve and save my placenta ? Lol

That could totally work !
    =))

*ahem*

Though those are paintings made with placentas, so on par with taking a picture of a pee stick, kind of. Still better than keeping it. 

Haha now there's an idea =))
  • I put mine in one of those mini shadowbox. Actually 3/4 that we took! lol (We couldn't believe it and ran out and got more tests! Haha) Who care what everyone else thinks. My husband I love it hanging next our wedding pictures in the living room. It was a wedding blessing from God and we are thankful everyday for our baby girl. I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and still see the lines :) Hoping they last forever. But if you have taken more than one test, clear nail polish might be a good idea! Of course I wouldn't reuse the nail polish! lol Then maybe put it in a shadow/memory box for keepsake afterwards. The ziplocks sound like a good idea too! Next is getting more frames for our ultrasound pics and 9 month progression pics. Then newborn pictures lol Hold on to your memories! :) God Bless!
  • Well since this is my first time to replie to a post I have to say I dont think its gross or weird. Im on my third pregnancy and my oldest is 13 I still have my as everyone has been refering to as pee stick. Keep It in a zip lock bag after you wash it. And to all thoes negative people with negative posts shame on you all for not being positive isint that what this site is for? If you cant say something nice then just don't say it. Dont be a bully if you aint got an answer dont leave a post! Take care and have a wonderful pregnancy and let all the haters kick rocks!
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited October 2015

Well since this is my first time to replie to a post I have to say I dont think its gross or weird. Im on my third pregnancy and my oldest is 13 I still have my as everyone has been refering to as pee stick. Keep It in a zip lock bag after you wash it. And to all thoes negative people with negative posts shame on you all for not being positive isint that what this site is for? If you cant say something nice then just don't say it. Dont be a bully if you aint got an answer dont leave a post! Take care and have a wonderful pregnancy and let all the haters kick rocks!

QFP.
    Dear Lord. You need to reevaluate your interpretation of the word bully. Do you call anyone who disagrees with you a bully?
    Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that this site is for 'being positive'. You might be confusing The Bump with another pregnancy forum....

Edited for spelling

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didnt relize that tearing people down was called anything other than a bully. I will remember to use my spell check when people use there manners. I have a 3 year old with more than ive seen at this site it is sad. Pregnancy is supposed to be a positive thing and yet there are thoes who just have the need to bring others down so they feel better. I feel sorry for thoes people. I just remind myself that my happiness is mine and I forgive all thoes who try and take it away.:-):-):-):-):-)