July 2015 Moms
Options

Intercourse bleeding or period?

edited September 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Not sure if this is my period I'm 8 weeks PP...my husband and I had sex Wednesday and I noticed slight spotting and it has gradually gotten heavier with the heaviest flow today. Could it be residual postpartum bleeding? I have not noticed any dip in my supply, babys not fussy, no noticible cramping. The baby is EBF but has always been a good eater and takes in a lot at a feeding. She can go up to 4 hours during the day and up to 6 at night time. She co-sleeps but takes a pacifier...no bottles, no pumping. I'm thinking I'm doing enough to keep my period at bay but I guess not. I do know it varies between moms but not sure if it still maybe postpartum bleeding, an irritated cervix from sex, or all of the above...

Re: Intercourse bleeding or period?

• Options
    I had the same thing. I'm 11 weeks postpartum. I have been bleeding now for 8 days after sex with my husband, and we had to take it pretty slow as it was a little painful. Baby is also EBF. I called the doctor yesterday and she said the bleeding and pain are most likely symptoms of low estrogen from BFing. She prescribed a vaginal estrogen cream. We will see if it helps.