Multiples
Options

A car for twins or twins+1?

DH and I need to get a new car because we are expecting twins and our cars are almost too small for one! We are looking at options here's the issue:

1. We know we would like 3 kids and so we will most likely have one after these twins
2. Until we get the hang of twins I'm really not sure when we will have another child
3. Many cars that can fit three kids with all of the laws around rear facing and booster seats are out of our price range, even second hand. (We're in Australia where children need to be in some kind of seat until 4 yo)

Do we get a 5 seater car that will comfortably fit twins but possibly not 3 in rear facing or booster seats? Then when and if needed get another car later?
OR
Do we get a 7 seater that can fit 3 children despite it being at the threshold of our budget?
Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

Re: A car for twins or twins+1?

• Options
    It's great to plan for your future and stay two steps ahead but what if you have twins again?
  • Options
    Lol that has occurred to me! I don't think the 7 seater we can afford wouldn't fit two sets of twins
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will soon be looking for a car that will fit two booster seats, a high back convertible seat, and two infant seats for the incoming twins. It's more than a little stressful and I feel like we just need a 12 passenger van at this point! I'll keep you posted if I find anything super amazing!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    twinmom1121twinmom1121 member
    edited October 2015

We will soon be looking for a car that will fit two booster seats, a high back convertible seat, and two infant seats for the incoming twins. It's more than a little stressful and I feel like we just need a 12 passenger van at this point! I'll keep you posted if I find anything super amazing!

I know the 2015 Honda Odysseys can fit 5 car seats! We are currently looking into one to fit my twins and this new baby. Maybe check it out! Edit to add: the 8 passenger fits 5 car seats!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker