May 2016 Moms
Options

any ivf / fet moms to be?

this is my first post here so sorry if this has already been posted..
just wondering if any other ladies are pregnant via ivf? i think it def makes for a different experience.
we did 2 cycles, first ended in m/c at 9 weeks,we are now pregnant at 6 weeks with a pgs normal embryo, frozen transfer. 
heard the heartbeat today, so fingers crossed this will be a successful pregnancy :)

Re: any ivf / fet moms to be?

• Options
    Yep! My 5day transfer was The end of August...I'm 7wk 1 day, due May 15. It was my first ivf... Fresh transfer...we transferred 1 blast, so were having a singleton. Saw heartbeat for the second time today! 153 beats Per minute, CRL 1.3cm So excited!! Congrats on ur pregnancy!!
  • Options
    It took 3 rounds of IVF and almost 5 years to get my son. But my daughter was a free love child and now I'm pregnant again without medical intervention. Best of luck to you on your family building journey.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck, @thalassaz!

I'm another IVF>PGS>FET expectant mom. :) My 5dt was mid-September. It's our first transfer (multiple losses before IVF), so I'm super hopeful that it works this time!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
  • Options
    I had a FET , and I am now 5 weeks pregnant, we transferred two embryos but according to my betas my doc says we are probably having just one baby. I am super anxious for our first ultrasound next week to see if everything is alright!
    My first pregnancy was also an ivf but it was a fresh transfer.
    I hope you have a great pregnancy!
  • Options
    Hello, IVF sisters!  I am 5+5 after a five-day transfer!  We only transferred one blast, and my first ultrasound is a week from tomorrow.  Seems like this whole process has been a lot of waiting (oh, and a lot of needles), and now I'm trying to be patient yet again for the ultrasound.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Glad to talk to u other ivf ladies! Congrats on ur pregnancies!!

@YouGoGlenCoco31 i'm in love with ur username! Mean girls is the best
  • Options
    @YouGoGlenCoco31 -- If you're 5dp5dt, your due date's June 10th. :) That's super exciting! 5dp5dt is when I got my first super-crazy-faint bfp, haha. Good luck being patient; I hope you have an easier time of waiting than I'm having! Two more weeks until my first ultrasound, gahhhh.
    ---
  • Options
    Yes! Due date is May 5th! Did 5dfet with surrogate! This was our second try as the first failed. 8 weeks and 5 days today! So excited!
  • Options
    Yes, I'm another FET'er! This is my first time dropping in on this forum; glad to know here are some other ivf ladies here. I am only 5wks 5days today and so nervous after having many mishaps in the past!
  • Options
    soralette said:
    @YouGoGlenCoco31 -- If you're 5dp5dt, your due date's June 10th. :) That's super exciting! 5dp5dt is when I got my first super-crazy-faint bfp, haha. Good luck being patient; I hope you have an easier time of waiting than I'm having! Two more weeks until my first ultrasound, gahhhh.
    Hey there!  Sorry, no, I'm five weeks and five days (well, 5+6 now).  I actually held out for beta (10dp5dt), which is still crazy to me.  I couldn't stand to test and see a negative, so I just waited...and waited.. :)

One week until my ultrasound.  I seriously can't wait.  Could time pass any slower?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!! My husband and I finished up our first round of IVF and we cheated and POAS Saturday evening before BetaHCG #1.
    Our office did our beta's on Wednesday(400) and Friday(800) of last week!!! We are super excited this will be our first and possible second lol. If I listen to the nurses our numbers are very very strong for multiples, but we will be HAPPY with what ever we are given!!! First U/S is October 9th!!!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    1st IVF and Only....
    Me:30 DH:29 3/4 ( littles will be a great 30th prez)
    PCO w/o symptoms/DH crooked swimmers   
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Stim Aug 28-follistim started at 150u
    E2 Aug 31- 345- dropped dosage 100u
    US/BW Sept 1- 16 eggies E2 695-dropped dosage 75u
    BW Sept 2 E2 791 bounced up to 91.6u
    BW/US Sept 3 E2 1095 dropped back to 83u 20+ eggies 12mm-14mm range   
    BW/US Sept 4 E2 2050 same dose @83u 20+ eggies 14mm- 16mm range                                                                                   
    EGG Retrieval Day sept 8th 24 eggs 12 embies 
    EMBRYO Transfer Day 6 Embies 
    2 embies 8c grade 1 and 2 transfered with Assited Hatching due to Zona Factor
    BFP 8dp3dt :)
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
    Beta #2 850-1000 15dp3dt!!!
    October 9th- IT'S TWINS!!!
  • Options
    soralette said:
    Hey there!  Sorry, no, I'm five weeks and five days (well, 5+6 now).  I actually held out for beta (10dp5dt), which is still crazy to me.  I couldn't stand to test and see a negative, so I just waited...and waited.. :)

One week until my ultrasound.  I seriously can't wait.  Could time pass any slower?

Ahhh, gotcha, gotcha. I misunderstood. :) Still -- good luck being patient for the ultrasound! It's so hard waiting!! Any good distractions planned?
    ---
  • Options
    Hi ladies, great to meet all of you and read your positive stories! We did our first round of IVF, and did a fresh transfer of a five day blast. We are now six weeks and one day pregnant, and over the moon! Thalassaz, I am so sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage at nine weeks. We are really hopeful we make it all the way through. We do have six frozen embryos that we PGS'ed, which is of some comfort.

Did any of you experience OHSS? I did, and still am as my HCG rises. I look about four months pregnant which is confusing, and am still experiencing quite a bit of discomfort. Of course, it's worth it! But I wish I could run and go to yoga and do a lot of the things that I used to enjoy, while I'm still small enough to do them. I'm lucky in that I'm not experiencing any morning sickness at all.
  • Options
    soralette said:
    soralette said:

Ahhh, gotcha, gotcha. I misunderstood. :) Still -- good luck being patient for the ultrasound! It's so hard waiting!! Any good distractions planned?
    I'm apparently terrible with distractions.  You'd think that after alllll the waiting that goes into the IVF process, I'd be used to it by now!  But I'm still just sitting here, counting the days.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    bmeakins said:
    Hi ladies, great to meet all of you and read your positive stories! We did our first round of IVF, and did a fresh transfer of a five day blast. We are now six weeks and one day pregnant, and over the moon! Thalassaz, I am so sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage at nine weeks. We are really hopeful we make it all the way through. We do have six frozen embryos that we PGS'ed, which is of some comfort. Did any of you experience OHSS? I did, and still am as my HCG rises. I look about four months pregnant which is confusing, and am still experiencing quite a bit of discomfort. Of course, it's worth it! But I wish I could run and go to yoga and do a lot of the things that I used to enjoy, while I'm still small enough to do them. I'm lucky in that I'm not experiencing any morning sickness at all.
    Hey there, I am also 6 weeks and 1 day along!  I am jealous of your six frosties -- congrats!  :)

I was not diagnosed with OHSS, but I still feel the IVF bloat, even more than four weeks after my retrieval.  It's absolutely worth it, but I definitely can't go running (and I miss it, too).  

When is your first ultrasound?

imageimage
  • Options
    Wow YouGoGlenCoco31, same due date! Congratulations! We had our first ultrasound yesterday and just barely heard/saw a perfect little heartbeat! It was amazing. When is your ultrasound scheduled?
  • Options
    I got a super faint BFP on 5dp5dt of 2 -5 day blasts. I am currently 6w3d with twins one is 6w2d. This was our second transfer as the fresh cycle failed. My due date is may 23rd and I am currently praying that I make it to my 2ont trimester as I starred spotting 2 days ago.dr. says it's ok and nothings wrong but I can't help but worry. But on a good not they do say spotting is more normal with twins.....
  • Options
    I got a super faint BFP on 5dp5dt of 2 -5 day blasts. I am currently 6w3d with twins one is 6w2d. This was our second transfer as the fresh cycle failed. My due date is may 23rd and I am currently praying that I make it to my 2ont trimester as I starred spotting 2 days ago.dr. says it's ok and nothings wrong but I can't help but worry. But on a good not they do say spotting is more normal with twins.....
    I also have heard that spotting is more normal with IVF babies too (but for the life of me, I can't remember if that source was reliable -- maybe it is just associated with twins).  My fingers are crossed for you!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    bmeakins said:
    Wow YouGoGlenCoco31, same due date! Congratulations! We had our first ultrasound yesterday and just barely heard/saw a perfect little heartbeat! It was amazing. When is your ultrasound scheduled?
    CONGRATS on hearing the heartbeat!  That's awesome.  My ultrasound isn't until next Tuesday...I feel like it's still forever away, but I'll be almost 7 weeks then.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've also heard spotting is more common with IVF; I think I remember someone saying that because they make sure our endometrium is so much thicker, that sometimes it just kind of causes spotting due to that.

Awesome on hearing the heartbeat, @bmeakins! That's wonderful news!
    ---
  • Options
    @gkamerman78 I had my first sono yesterday and I had spotting twice i am 5w1d. Dr's said it's normal to have some spotting. I also have a small fluid pouch next to the baby that they said they see a lot with IVF pregnancies.
  • Options
    #1- was an IVF baby #2- was a Clomid baby and #3- was a complete surprise. Life is crazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since April 09
    6 Rounds of Clomid & 4 Rounds Femara
    IVF#1 April 2012 ER- 4/9/12 ET- 4/14-12 Beta#1(4/27):160 Beta#2 4/30: 484
  • Options
    BT23BT23 member
    edited October 2015
    I got my bfp after my first fet (fresh transfer was cancelled due to thin lining). Had my first us at 7weeks, hb was 122 but fetus measured 3 days behind, super worried now. OB said we should not get too excited as mc is well possible. We've another us on Wednesday at 8 weeks exactly. Praying that all will be ok, this wait is headwrecking esp. after seeing a hb. Any advise anyone?
  • Options
    Hello again ivf ladies! So I had my first real OB appt today after "graduating" last week from my RE! 8wk+1 day, CRL 1.8cm, heart rate 176. So exciting!!
  • Options
    BT23 said:
    I got my bfp after my first fet (fresh transfer was cancelled due to thin lining). Had my first us at 7weeks, hb was 122 but fetus measured 3 days behind, super worried now. OB said we should not get too excited as mc is well possible. We've another us on Wednesday at 8 weeks exactly. Praying that all will be ok, this wait is headwrecking esp. after seeing a hb. Any advise anyone?
    No advice, but sending you so many positive vibes.  Hope you get some good news on Wednesday.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hello again ivf ladies! So I had my first real OB appt today after "graduating" last week from my RE! 8wk+1 day, CRL 1.8cm, heart rate 176. So exciting!!
    Congrats!  That's so exciting.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hey Ladies!  I'm new to the boards and just trying to find some answers.  I didn't have IVF but I had an IUI with 6 mature follicles and a lot of tiny ones.  I ended up with an early onset mild OHSS  before we got a positive test, got better for 2 days and then when my HCG started to build up again it came back full force.  I've been having mild to moderate symptoms, I've gained 7 pounds in the last week and did have some issues with breathing.  My stomach is really distended and sore.  Anyways.  I woke up this morning and had lost 2.5 pounds.  YAY?  I've heard a mix of things.  That OHSS can last the whole first trimester or it can go away.  I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant so I'm nervous that its dissipating this early.  I didn't have severe OHSS so that may be helping the situation, but still it makes me nervous.  Any input? 
  • Options
    I ladies! I have done 2 fresh cycles and 1 FET cycle. we had 4 frozen embryos from our last cycle 4 years ago and after building our new house we decided to try again and did a FET cycle (put back 2) which was/is so much easier. Which both took, twins!!!! I'm still taking meds and was told that I will till I'm around 10 weeks. The fresh cycle's where so much harder on my body then the FET cycle. My EDD is May 29th, however with it being twins I'm thinking they make take them earlier so I'm thinking mid May sometime 
  • Options
    Hi MrsHandler- I worry about the same thing as you on a daily basis. I had/have ohss, and worry about my weight fluctuations every day. For me it has been cyclical- up a few pounds, then down a few pounds. My stomach will start to show my shape again, and then boom, the next day, bloated again. I'm 7 weeks and so far so good, but I have searched far and low for answers to this same question. My doctors don't give much detail, they just say expect it to get worse. Good luck! And don't you just hate the ohss??
  • Options
    bmeakins said:
    Hi ladies, great to meet all of you and read your positive stories! We did our first round of IVF, and did a fresh transfer of a five day blast. We are now six weeks and one day pregnant, and over the moon! Thalassaz, I am so sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage at nine weeks. We are really hopeful we make it all the way through. We do have six frozen embryos that we PGS'ed, which is of some comfort. Did any of you experience OHSS? I did, and still am as my HCG rises. I look about four months pregnant which is confusing, and am still experiencing quite a bit of discomfort. Of course, it's worth it! But I wish I could run and go to yoga and do a lot of the things that I used to enjoy, while I'm still small enough to do them. I'm lucky in that I'm not experiencing any morning sickness at all.

@bmeakins - My husband and I just went through our first round of IVF. We transferred 2 five day blasts back in September and are now happily 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant with a single little bundle of joy! I too had OHSS. In fact, I had it so bad that when I was about 5 weeks along, I had to be drained. They took just shy of 2 liters of fluid from my abdominal cavity. It still got worse again afterwards, and took a few weeks to completely go away, but I feel much better now and have for the past week and a half! I PROMISE there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Once you see your baby's heartbeat....nothing else matters :) Including the icky, horrible symptoms of OHSS!! Thankfully we have 4 frosties so I'm hoping I never have to take the stim meds again! In fact, my ovaries are still huge and my Doc said they would probably stay that way until 11 weeks or so when the placenta completely takes over producing hormones! Good luck to you :)

• Options

@gkamerman78 I had my first sono yesterday and I had spotting twice i am 5w1d. Dr's said it's normal to have some spotting. I also have a small fluid pouch next to the baby that they said they see a lot with IVF pregnancies.

I lado have a fluid pouch!
    I am glad ir can be normal.... I was soo worried. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor.
  • Options
    Hi everyone our baby is an IVF miracle ! We had been going through IVF for 7 months, it was my 4th transfer! I had an ectopic pregnancy with a fresh embryo transfer and then complications after the surgery so it was a bumpy few months. I'm now super excited and nervous about being pregnant! Congrats to all you lovely ladies!
  • Options
    Good to know and congratulations! It seems like you are just a week/ish ahead of me, but so good to hear that you are doing great, and pregnant of course! I had another ultrasound yesterday and they are still really enlarged. I can't wait until week 11 or so when I can run and do the things I always imagined I'd do pregnant to stay sane. ;) Just four more weeks!
  • Options
    Is anyone really bloated I can't handle anything touching my tummy like jeans. It so nice to talk to mummy's to be that have been through fertility treatment! Congrats everyone xx