April 2016 Moms

Anyone's bump still a secret? :)

2»

Re: Anyone's bump still a secret? :)

• I am 14 weeks today but we are keeping it a secret for a few more weeks. Neither of our parents live close and, as long as I don't start showing, we are going to try to keep it a secret. The only people who know besides my husband and myself are our bosses (we had to tell them when there was a miscarriage scare at 10 weeks and I had to leave work to go to the doctor). It is nice to be able to talk about the pregnancy with the bump community :)
  • I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and no one knows yet besides my hubby :) We decided not to tell anyone until we crossed the "red zone"
    Can't wait to start sharing the news ♥
  • Loading the player...
  • We haven't posted to social media and only tell people when we see them in person. A lot of family doesn't know but our close family does
    <image>
  • I am 13+2 weeks and only close family and friends know. We are mailing formal announcements at the end of October. I am also starting a new job on Monday (eek) and they do not know yet, which is part of the reason we haven't told the world yet. We live in a smaller town and word travels fast, I'd hate for my new boss to not hear it from me. I plan to get two solid weeks in at my new job before I tell them, hoping I can hide my blump (it's not quite an official bump yet) until then!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is sort of a secret. My close friends and family know as well as my boss and two coworkers. I just don't want to tell people. I don't know why, maybe fear of mc. I'm 13w6d so tomorrow officially out of my first tri. No rush. I don't give two flips about announcing on fb.
  • Waiting to see my parents on Tuesday to tell them in person! It's been hard keeping it a secret but the reaction from telling the in laws in person made it worth it.
    I just flew to Florida to tell my parents in person :) they were really excited.
  • My husband is out of control, and has already told so many people...

I'll be 12 weeks Saturday. My parents and a few close friends know as well.  I've held off making any announcements at work or social media, but will probably put it out there by the end of this week.  Due to the nature of my job my employer will need to be aware so they can prepare to backfill my position while I'm out on maternity leave.  I've got super timing, and will be out during one of the busiest times of the year, lol.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• OT but @yodiggity you look like a pledge sister of mine in your thumbnail pic. That is all
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • I had actually told my boss first, she knew from the beginning lol.  She kept telling me I looked like crap and asking if I was ok lol.  My answer was "Yep just pregnant" (SN: I'm really close with her or I wouldn't have said anything).  I told my best friend when I was about 6 weeks and my parents shortly after when I had the first US appointment.  We had told a couple other family members around the 8 week mark and recently started telling people as we see them since I'm at 13+1 now.  There are a few other people I want to tell in person before any kind of announcement is made.
  • @Monicagail1 mine is the same way. He was upset that I (very forcefully) asked him to wait to tell until I had bloodworm done to confirm rising levels before telling his mom and boss. I had a loss in June and he told his mom about 20 minutes after I told him, then had to turn around and tell her that I mc'd a month later. Thankfully he's not pushy about the social media thing, because I'm 13+2 and still haven't told my immediate family.
  • I'm 13 weeks and not sure how much of a secret it is anymore. We told our parents right away because they'd be heart broken if we didn't and my husband has been so excited he will tell a friend here and there. I don't get too upset by it because it makes me happy he is so excited that he just wants to share the news!
  • Just my husband and 1 friend know. Waiting until after 12 week US on Monday to tell family and other close friends. Haven't decided about when I'll tell work yet. Will not post to social media but won't try to hide it either.