Pregnant after IF

*** 10/5 2nd Tri check-in / New Leader Needed Soon!***

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: I have a terrible memory at the moment (and honestly I'm too lazy to go back and look haha!), so please forgive me if we've already done this one!

What is your favorite "spare time" activity? Whether it's a creative outlet or something you do to pamper yourself... If you have pictures to share please do!

@blessedwtwins - EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- one girl and one boy!
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with a little boy!
@somewhereinafrica- EDD 1/8/16 With a little boy!
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with a little boy!
@kelley421- EDD 1/26/16 with two little ladies and one little boy!
@knottie4978096- EDD 2/2/16 with one little boy!
@potatocastillo- EDD 2/5 with a girl!
@shelly333- EDD 2/3 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
@hopes4baby- EDD 2/8 with two little ladies!
@jeannaqueena- EDD 2/21/16 with one little lady!
@Kendragrace1215- EDD 2/24/16 with one little lady!
@eekers- EDD 2/27/16 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
@mrsloriw- EDD 3/11/16 with one little lady!
@fuzzbumble- EDD 3/12/16 with one little boy and one little lady!
@CTinNV - EDD 3/25/16 with a little boy!

8 Years
2 Miscarriages
2 Ectopic Pregnancies
1 Round of Clomid
1 Fresh IVF Cycle
1 Bean and 5 Frosties!

Re: *** 10/5 2nd Tri check-in / New Leader Needed Soon!***

• I'm in week 26, so I'll only be doing one more check in before a new leader is needed! It's really not too hard - the most difficult part is QOTW - and if you have any questions about it, you can ask!
    @blessedwtwins if there isn't anyone in 3rd Tri by the time you get there, you're still welcome here!!

My Dr appointment on Friday went well, I suppose. I think it took me longer to PIAC than it did to have the actual appointment. They gave me the glucose drink and I basically choose when to drink it and come in 45 minutes after I finish. No appointment necessary. I expected things to be different going with this dr/hospital, I just wasn't prepared for HOW different things were! I probably sound like a crazy lady, complaining about how easy things are, but not being able to set plans and a schedule really goes against my grain :P

QOTW: arts and crafts is definitely my favorite spare time / me time activity. I've always been a drawer/painter and I try to expand to other media whenever the opportunity presents itself. Lately that's actually been pottery and face painting, so in honor of Halloween I've included some faces, and a series of plates I've painted at the local pottery studio :)

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • 24w tomorrow.. Nothing really new, everything was good at MFM last week. The doc implied that I am addicted to zofran. I assume psychologically since it's not an addictive med. So I stopped taking it and now I throw up at least once a day and back to bring nauseated for a few hours every day. I've realized my limitations- after an hour shopping I spent the rest of the day in bed with pelvic/hip pain, then Sunday in bed with nausea and continued pelvic pain. No more shopping :(

I crochet some. The first photo is the summer wreath on my front door- next is a random pic from google as an example, since I didn't take one. While I was in bed this weekend I made Princess Leia hats and Yoda is in progress. DH is a Star Wars fan and we will use these for a couple newborn pics.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • blessedwtwinsblessedwtwins member
    edited October 2015
    Ahhh this is my last week in 2nd trimester! I just cannot believe how fast this leg of the journey has been. Time seemed to go so slow trying to get to 12 weeks and then 20 then 24 for viability and now it's rushing by!
    We had our first shower this weekend and DH stayed the entire time and helped open gifts. It was very sweet that he wanted to be a part of one of the showers and I was glad because he got to spend time with extended family.
    We have a 28w appt on Friday complete with GD test, tdap shot, growth scan and followup with a doctor. I'm a little nervous about the growth scan because little guy has been so far behind his sister at every other scan but nothing we can do at this point.

QOTW - I love doing crafts when I get inspired. This past year, I got really into wooden crafts so things like outdoor signs, blanket ladders, decorations and my proudest accompliment was a dress up clothes holder for our niece's birthday. I actually got so into it, DH bought me a meiter saw for my past birthday, I was so excited! This week we actually used it to make wooden growth charts for the twins. Tonight we will finish those by putting on the height stickers.

The pic is the of his niece's gift. I bought her some little accessories to give with it as well. She loves it! It was our first time making one so it is a little sloppy but I think overall it's a good gift.

Eta- @Kelley421 I'm super jealous you can crochet! Those hats sound adorable!!!!
  • I am 15 weeks and finally starting to feel a bit better with the fatigue. We had an appointment with the perinatologist and everything continues to look great.

My favorite spare time activity is to go see movies and try new restaurants. :)

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• @andimegie325 So creative!!
    @Kelley421 Love the Star Wars stuff, would love to see the Yoda hat since our in-utero name for this bean is Yoda!
    @blessedwtwins Wow, I wish I were cool enough that my hobbies required power tools :)
    @CTinNV Go to as many restaurants and movies as you can now! I haven't been to a movie theatre since before DD1 was born and she'll be 14 months on Thursday.

26 weeks tomorrow!

Nothing new...still so tired. And I think it's time to break out my pregnancy pillow because I keep wanting to roll onto my back to get more support for my neck. I've been moody the last couple of days and find myself constantly apologizing to DH for being so crazy. Hoping/presuming it's all hormonal and this too shall pass.

QOTW: These days, my free time is when DD1 is napping (or in daycare), and mostly I get in the treadmill, because it's my stress relief esp since I can't have a drink in the evening. I love to write, but haven't carved out any time for that lately.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • @marnief, I wouldn't say I'm cool, just get too excited over projects not to do them!

I am hearing you in the hormones with attitude thing. I told DH I shouldn't run my errands today because I was afraid I'd snap and end up in jail. Literally the music choices on the radio were frustrating me today! I also got plenty of sleep and don't have a LO to deal with right now like you do.
  • Wow you all sound so crafty! I think of arts and crafts and it exhausts me - like it sounds like a chore to me to do stuff, lol. I used to be into working out and dieting but not since the IVF treatment. I've always loved movies and trying new restaurants as @CTinNV stated. Saw the Martian this weekend and loved it. I also love Indian food, Thai food, Middle Eastern food, etc... if I could afford it I would buy a nice piano though- I took lessons as a kid and I never get to play anymore since I don't have one. :(

Everything is ok on the baby front- no news is good news I guess! :)
  • @andimegie325 wow!! Love your face painting! A good friend of mine does face painting mostly kids it is an art!!!

@Kelley421 OMG take the drug!! Not worth throwing up at 24 weeks, you poor thing!

@blessedwtwins yippee!! Congrats!! Getting close!

As for me...20 weeks! Half baked! We are in the middle of purchasing a possible flip house...if that falls through in the next few day I will gladly take on the check in! I helped with the first tri one and it is easy and fun!!

QOTW: I am an interior designer turned SAHM that also loves Pinterest and sewing!! Recently I just finished some pillows for my moms outdoor chairs. I am currently designing fabric for the nursery and will have it printed and my MIL quilts so she will make this little baby a quilt and I will sew up the crib bedding and a changing table cover or two.
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • 24 weeks tomorrow. Wow time is flying by! I got my new insurance as of the 1st and I waited with a nasty cold to see my regular dr. with the new ins. rather than picking one I didn't know and paying entirely out of pocket due to nasty unmet deductible. $15 copay later and my reg. Dr. straightened out my medication and knew I had my usual viral bronchitis and fixed that. I have an appt. with my reg. OB/gyn Friday and life is so much less stressful with my regular dr's. (And soooooo much cheaper). I found out that the new hospital now includes a midwife service if I choose to use it. Plus, their c-section rates are so much lower at the new hospital than where I was being seen and, they hand you the breast pump in the hospital and show you how to use it. No filling out paperwork, dealing with ins. co. and hoping the mail comes on time. Ugh. Anyway, I overdid it this weekend cleaning out baby's closet. So my hips and butt hurt bad. Is it just me, or am I a total slacker. I haven't started on the nursery. To be fair though, I have started picking up stuff I find on clearance. Good quality crib sheets for $3 each is cheaper than buying used in my area. I'm finding a lot of that - it's cheaper to buy new on clearance. The stroller I picked out went for $100 less used. It's weird. DH is working tons of overtime right now so we can save for mat. leave and he's been busy installing and fixing stuff. So cute :-) he's excited.
  • Ack so late this week! I've been crazy at work and lost track. Everyone's hobbies are so fun! 25 weeks today and not much new here :)

I love to read, but I also work for a mid size theatre company when I'm not at work (operations manager for an arts center). I guess my work also encompasses my down time... Plays and music all of the time. When I'm not doing those things I guess I like to veg out a bit with a book, or go try a new restaurant with the mr.
  • I missed the last check in or two. Moving and all has taken up lots of my time. But I just read through the last two checking to see how you are all doing. Where has the old leader gone?! There seems to be a twin mama missing but I can't see any update on her and she used to be really active?!

I'm actually sitting in the lab waiting for the final of the three glucose blood tests. Man the drink is so rotten I nearly threw up!!! Fingers are so tightly crossed that I don't have GD, my big baby and high- ish fluid has me worried.

Oh I have even more eventful news, I'm moving country yet again for delivery!! This is turning into the most international pregnancy. The British gov basically take months with no specific time from except about 10 weeks to get a baby passport if born overseas. Greece doesn't do birth right passport and my other nationality that I hold a passport for only allows one time decendancy which I got as I was born overseas too. So basically I have now got to deliver in UK. I am coming to terms with it but it means living in 3 differwnr house while we are there for 6 weeks !!! And I will have to love around Christmas too meaning the hospital I will deliver in is a total unknown..... Anyway depending on these blood results I'm either flying at 30 or 33 weeks! I'm trying to push it as I tell you Greek island life is way nicer than central London, and I'm with my mum.

This pregnancy has taught me to roll with those punches. I have always been a suitcase kid and have moved so many times I lose count so in some ways it is fitting baby boy has had such an international entrance. I will have been pregnant in 6 countries and Ben cared for by doctors in 4!

27 weeks tomorrow
  • So many typos but I'm on my phone forgot to answer the question.

Not as crafty as some of you guys but I am more the sort to get a crazy idea give it a go and possibly abandon ship part way through depending one what else is going on. I love to write! My favorite thing to do is go out to eat good food or go on a road trip. We are quite outdoorsy and When at home east Africa is home to some incredible spots. Our house is 2 hrs from a national park and so can go on game drives and there are also lots of mountains for hikes and dive spots.

Amazing photos above!! I have feat admiration for such creativity, it takes so much dedication and work! Very talented ladies!!