January 2016 Moms
Options

Im going to miss being pregnant. Anyone else?

I know we've all had crazy symptoms, sleepless nights, and can't fit into any of our cute clothes but is it just me or is anyone else out there really going to miss being pregnant?

I've really enjoyed the experience, bonding with my family and co-workers, etc.

Re: Im going to miss being pregnant. Anyone else?

• Options
    I've loved pregnancy so far! In a month or two, my feelings may be different, but as of now, I want it to slow down!
  • Options
    Yes. This is our last baby so I'm trying to soak up as much of this experience as I can.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I like being pregnant. This is my third and likely last baby, I am sad this may be the last time I experience all this!
  • Options
    Nope. I am not a fan of being pregnant.
  • Options
    I don't like the constant-anxiety of being pregnant. The "Oh-my-gosh-is-everything-okay" panic that I have pretty constantly (the effects of being PGAL, I suppose). But I will miss the physical aspects. I surprisingly love my pregnant body (now that it's more bump than blump), and I love feeling this little baby kick and roll around. I WILL NOT miss the heart burn though!
  • Options
    I love the whole experience and I will definitely miss it. I feel so privileged to be part of such a miraculous experience.
  • Options
    Yes, this is my last and I loved being pregnant for all of my pregnancies. I'll definitely miss it.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    No. Pregnancy is the worst happening of my life. When I say that I mean being big, all the horrible doctors appointments, not being able to take meds I would be able to if I wasn't pregnant so I'm not anxious and depressed, and being sick the entire time. I have type 1 diabetes and even when my blood sugar is low I feel like throwing up. I love my kiddo and this baby but pregnant sucks!
  • Options
    I feel like I've finally hit the 'honeymoon period' of pregnancy in the last few weeks, feeling pretty good and the anxiety has gone way down. Not sure I'd go so far as to say I'll miss it, but I'm glad I've had the experience and won't rule out having a second :)
  • Options
    I'm going to second some thoughts is STMs... I LOVED being pregnant with dd. The major difference was that I did whatever I needed to do to make myself feel better. Tired? Lay down take a nap! Sore? Relax and watch Netflix. Hungry? Go get whatever I was craving. Etc. Being pregnant with a toddler is not the same. I have no time to be tired because I'm running around after her all the time. I still have to do all the same mom duties I did before but now I'm growing a human at the same time. I wouldn't change a thing, but saying I'm exhausted is an understatement and I don't feel the same love of being pregnant like I did before.
  • Options
    I loved being pregnant with my first and missed it after. It was strange, but that was the first time I really felt confident about my body. I loved all the changes and feeling him move around all the time. This time I haven't been enjoying it as much lol she's being a little more difficult on me. But I'm at a point now that I am realizing how fast it's going and were almost done, so between the aches/pains, uncomfortableness, and being tired all the time I am telling myself to not pay attention to all that and enjoy the other stuff since this is our last one :) she's moving like crazy lately so it's fun to sit and watch my belly move with her lol
  • Options
    I am going to miss it so much! This is my third and most likely last. I don't want my due date to come! I did not feel this way with my first, but I really missed being pregnant after she was born.
  • Options
  • Options
    I loved being pregnant the first time. I felt beautiful and relaxed. This time around has been so much harder. The RLP, the heartburn, headaches, soreness in general, lack of energy. I told the OB that you'd think the second time around would be easier. She said the delivery would be, but that a lot of women have a harder time second time around. The only thing I will miss this time is feeling little mister kick around in there. I find it so hard to drink enough. I told my husband tonight that we need to get to January so he can be born and drink his own darn fluids. Lol!
  • Options
    I will miss it! I really am loving being pregnant & have luckily felt great the entire time. But I cannot wait to hold baby boy in my arms!! I do think there will be a part of me that misses the experience of pregnancy though
  • Options
    For me I don't think I will right now. Maybe after she's born I will. But right now I'm too impatient. I just want her here already. People say they miss the kicks and stuff, but wouldn't having your baby on the outside be better than the kicks? My pregnancy has been really great thankfully with not much to complain about. But now I'm getting bored lol. Is that normal or am I just weird? Will I miss it after baby is born?
  • Options

I enjoy the perks (getting to decide where/what DH and I are eating, having an excuse to skip things, living in comfy maternity clothes, enjoying that hot fudge sundae without guilt), but I won't miss it. I feel anxious half the time and miserable the other half from exhaustion and aches. I also cannot wait to finally sleep on my stomach again and not stress about every little thing I put in my mouth. I think the snuggles will trump the kicks for me! I'm trying my best to focus on the perks though because being negative makes it feel slower.

I'm on my phone so idk how to bold, but the part about the snuggles trumping the kicks. This is exactly how I feel. I don't understand how people miss being pregnant. Maybe I will after baby comes.

• Options
    sherks11 said:

I'm going to second some thoughts is STMs... I LOVED being pregnant with dd. The major difference was that I did whatever I needed to do to make myself feel better. Tired? Lay down take a nap! Sore? Relax and watch Netflix. Hungry? Go get whatever I was craving. Etc. Being pregnant with a toddler is not the same. I have no time to be tired because I'm running around after her all the time. I still have to do all the same mom duties I did before but now I'm growing a human at the same time. I wouldn't change a thing, but saying I'm exhausted is an understatement and I don't feel the same love of being pregnant like I did before.

This is me too as a STM! First pregnancy was cake, compared to this one.
  • Options
    Nope! This is my third. I have a five year old and a nine month old, so this is like a back to back pregnancy for me. Not my last but I definitely need a break. Don't get me wrong, I cherish every moment- but I won't miss it. This girl is my troublemaker. Had sch early on, and an anterior placenta, plus I keep getting viruses easily. I can't wait to be able to take the medication (or whiskey) that I want to help fight these colds and stuff.
  • Options
    I want to get all this over with and start mommyhood.
    TTC my #1 with PCOS since June 2010.
    Countless Clomid&Femara Cycles.
    Feb. 2014-April 2015=AF arrived on time. 
    EDD: January 14, 2016. Finally.image
    Expecting One Healthy Baby Girl!!!
  • Options
    I'm ready for my back to not hurt all the time, personally.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options

Mmmmm, I don't seem to be one of those women who enjoy being pregnant.  I'm thrilled that I am, but will be happy to have my body back when LO is born. 

• Options
    I will miss it, I'm 34 and pregnant with my first and I've always wanted to be a mom. I might be singing a different tune once I experience what labor pains feel like, and the sleepless nights that are in my near future, but I'd love to have another one right away. Maybe it's because everyone just a little nicer to a pregnant woman and it's helped with my depression and makes my self worth a bit brighter, I'm going to be someone's mom, and that is pretty exciting!! This is just my opinion and how I feel.
  • Options
    I feel bad but have only just started to enjoy aspects of pregnancy just recently! I've felt pretty awful the whole way through, from feeling nauseous and completely exhausted, too feeling like I had lost my mind at times, sadly!! I'm enjoying feeling my little sea monkey moving around, but that's about it. I just can't wait to hold him in my arms, to cuddle and kiss him, and smell him as well lol! 13 weeks to go woohoo ;-) xxxxxxx
  • Options
    While I've enjoyed being pregnant, I just see it as a footstep in the whole journey of motherhood. It was nice but each step forward will bring new joys. As excited I am to have my little girl grow inside me, I'm more excited to see her grow into an awesome person.
  • Options
    I am just counting on being able to see my LO everyday and to tell myself that it was all worth it and as an added perk being able to look at a pregnant woman with empathy and say to myself, "yup! been there, done that!!".
  • Options
    I thought that after my first, then unexpectedly got pregnant again before I got on birth control. Back to back pregnancies, while working 40 hours a week, and trying to keep a tiny human from catastrophe is rough! I've had easy pregnancies (knock on wood) and I do enjoy pregnancy, but IF we decide to do this again (really big "if") it's definitely going to wait a few years.
  • Options
    ccoleemanccoleeman member
    edited October 2015
    ***let's make a note to revive this thread in about 11 weeks and see if any of the comments change :)

Eta I've enjoyed being pregnant for the most part and I love the baby kicks but at 25 Weeks it's still too soon for me to say I'll miss it. I have a feeling towards the end it'll be more "I'm sick of this!" than "aww another kick!" lol. I also hope to have more kids after this one so I'm sure that will influence my feelings
  • Options
    I have been struggling with this topic this week. Babies are getting bigger and TwinRight is pressing on my digestive system so I have been having trouble keeping food down all week.
    Both are constantly moving and kicking and I keep finding myself asking them to give momma a break.
    Heartburn sucks.

But, we got another peek at the boys today and I do wonder if I will miss those. I know it will be better to hold them and see them, but today I felt so special. I invited my in-laws and my MIL was so excited she could hardly sit. It made me feel so good to be carrying their grandbabies. Maybe it's because my babies are the first both sets of grandparents, but I think I will miss the positive attention. Once they are here I probably won't matter as much to the in-laws as "where's my baby?"

I think I might miss the kicks, seeing my belly move, and having them with me all the time, but I also will be glad to not have the muscle pain and reflux.

I think I will most miss the portability. I expect to have my hands full when they are born and right now the three of us can still go places though that is getting harder as they grow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Even with the not so pleasant symptoms that I've been having lately; up most of the night and a fire breathing dragon surely living in my body....I will absolutely miss being pregnant! I tried for 11 years to conceive, and was eventually told that it wasn't going to happen. Then when I give up all hope and stop trying, it happens (figures!). So I've been trying to soak up every bit of my pregnancy with my little miracle boy, I feel so incredibly lucky to be able to experience this and I love every moment of it. 
  • Options
    Changes day to day for me. Yesterday I would 100% say I would miss it. I doodle and couldn't stop doodling baby in me lol, but other days I crochet little outfits and I'm really sad when I have to put them on stuffies. Also bad heart burn days I will not miss

Pregnancy Ticker