November 2015 Moms

AW - I think there's something wrong with my baby

Re: AW - I think there's something wrong with my baby

• So sorry there's been more struggles. :( He sounds like a little fighter! Sending more prayers and thoughts for you and your LO! 
  • Hi hun. I know it's easy to say but please try not to worry too much. My 1st baby was born at 38 weeks weighing 5lb 10oz and he was perfect. Nothing wrong at all just small. X
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, @TacoSarah, so sorry you had to go through that! Hoping LO stays put until it's safer for him to make his appearance!!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Oh @TacoSarah this is not the drama you need on a Tuesday morning :-( hope the doc has good news for you and things calm down. Hope you're okay!
  • Oh no. Let us know. I hope your little guy is ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • adcorbinadcorbin member
    edited October 2015
    Babies come in all sizes ....my dd #1 was 5 lb 15oz at term. My dd #3 was 6 lb 14 oz at term and only 17 inches lol. It is amazing that you're being monitored closely. Best of luck.
  • How scary! I'm glad his heart rate has stabilized. It sounds like your hospital means business, though! They won't let anything happen to you or your LO. Best of luck & keep us posted!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hope you get some good news today and LO keeps on cooking a little longer.
  • I just got chills.. Big creepy internet hugs and lots of good thoughts heading your way. You're a tough mama though and all will be well. Glad you're getting the care you need and his heart rate stabilized. Keep us posted when you can!
  • So sorry you have to go through this- it certainly sounds scary. It's great that your doctors are monitoring you and LO closely, and seem ready to take whatever actions are necessary to keep the little guy safe. Keeping you guys in my thoughts!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• BowWowBowieBowWowBowie member
    edited October 2015
    So glad for the good news & I'm so happy you and your son are safe!  
  • So glad to hear that you and little one are doing well after such a scary morning!!
  • TacoSarah said:

So much for my hippy dippy hypnobirth in water with whale music.

I don't know why this was so funny to me. Maybe the whale music visual...
    Anywho, I'm glad your little one is doing good! I hope he stays put til at least next Friday. Keep us posted!

• When I read "whale music" I just imagine Dori from Finding Nemo. :))

Glad your LO is going well!

Haha, I immediately thought of those kookie people doing dolphin assisted births. Hang in there @TacoSarah, sounds like you're rolling with the punches and taking care of your little man!
  • Omg!! Please stay positive! Your in a good place. You and your baby will be just fine!! T&P being sent your way
  • It sounds like you guys are going to be fine-and I am so happy to hear it! I'll continue sending positive vibes your way!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TacoSarah said:

So the good news is no baby today!

They did another doppler test and he passed fine, so I've been sent home. I have to go back on Friday for another doppler test, then again next Tuesday and the following Friday. They want me to get to next Friday when I'll be 37+2 before he's delivered and probably won't let me go past 38 weeks. And I'm probably going to need a c section. So much for my hippy dippy hypnobirth in water with whale music.

Holy shit I've never been so scared in my life as I was this morning.

So glad to hear good news!

And yes, your last sentence made me laugh too. The PP's who mentioned Dory cracked me up.
  • Glad everything turned out ok and your sweet babe is staying put!
  • TacoSarah said:

So the good news is no baby today!

They did another doppler test and he passed fine, so I've been sent home. I have to go back on Friday for another doppler test, then again next Tuesday and the following Friday. They want me to get to next Friday when I'll be 37+2 before he's delivered and probably won't let me go past 38 weeks. And I'm probably going to need a c section. So much for my hippy dippy hypnobirth in water with whale music.

Holy shit I've never been so scared in my life as I was this morning.

Is there a reason they've said section? You can still do the hippy dippy whale music ;) I had classical music blaring in my section, it's one of the positives of a planned section. The baby may still come out speaking whale so don't worry ;)

Glad you're home!
  • Thinking of you @TacoSarah. Kinda similar situation happened to me today. Went in for my 36 wk growth scan and baby wasn't measuring where my doctor wanted. They hooked me up to the NST which was the first one I've ever done. I go back again this week for a second one. Then 2 next week. I'll have another scan at 38 weeks to check for growth.

Sending my best. I know this is such a scary time.
  • Imagining someone cupping their hands around their mouth and yelling into my vagina. Strange. Lol.

Glad to hear good news though :)
  • Lots of positive vibes your ways.
  • So happy for your good news!! Stay strong. :)
  • Great news!! Good luck!!
  • Praying for you and your squishy
  • If your little is still looking for a name, something is making me think Marlin is a good choice. I really can't explain that...
    Did the hospital explain why you're likely to be looking at a C section rather than an induction? I feel like I may be missing something.
    I wonder if your little just wants to be a petit scrum half instead of a hulking great prop...
  • My thoughts are with you and baby! My friend had to be induced early because they felt her baby wasn't growing enough, turns out She was a pound bigger than she measured by ultrasound. Still small (6 lbs), but completely healthy. She's still a peanut at age 3 (but mom is 5'2 and a ballet dancer, so it's just genetics)
  • Glad everything is going well so far, I hope baby stays put until then. Good luck!
  • If your little is still looking for a name, something is making me think Marlin is a good choice. I really can't explain that... Did the hospital explain why you're likely to be looking at a C section rather than an induction? I feel like I may be missing something. I wonder if your little just wants to be a petit scrum half instead of a hulking great prop...

Marlin is a pretty cute name. They said that small babies don't always tolerate induction very well and that inducing may not work so to be prepared.

I'm wondering if my body is getting ready to bring him early, I've got an upset stomach, lower back ache and period like cramping today. Going to call the hospital in a bit and see what they suggest. He's also been a bit quiet. It might just be the stress of the last few days, I do tend to get physical symptoms from stress.

Kids! Who'd have them?!?!?

• So glad things went better and you were able to be sent home. Sending positive vibes your way that everything will get checked out tomorrow and you can have your c section at the scheduled time!
  • TacoSarah said:

If your little is still looking for a name, something is making me think Marlin is a good choice. I really can't explain that...
    Did the hospital explain why you're likely to be looking at a C section rather than an induction? I feel like I may be missing something.
    I wonder if your little just wants to be a petit scrum half instead of a hulking great prop...

Marlin is a pretty cute name. They said that small babies don't always tolerate induction very well and that inducing may not work so to be prepared.

I'm wondering if my body is getting ready to bring him early, I've got an upset stomach, lower back ache and period like cramping today. Going to call the hospital in a bit and see what they suggest. He's also been a bit quiet. It might just be the stress of the last few days, I do tend to get physical symptoms from stress.

We are all crazy. I think that's just it ;)
    Hoping all goes well at docs today though, let us know!
  • You got this! Sounds like he is being well looked-after.
  • TacoSarah said:
    If your little is still looking for a name, something is making me think Marlin is a good choice. I really can't explain that... Did the hospital explain why you're likely to be looking at a C section rather than an induction? I feel like I may be missing something. I wonder if your little just wants to be a petit scrum half instead of a hulking great prop...

I'm sure he's OK! Keep us posted.
    Pregnancy Ticker