Pregnant after IF

***1st Tri Check-in 10/5 New leader needed asap***

Hi All! I will be able to do this for one more week but I am moving to my 2nd trimester this week :) 

Congrats on moving on to 2nd trimester!

@afg2714: 04/02/16 Twins?  

@MKLEWIS2010: 04/06/16 One Bean

@melliemamma: 4/7/16 Twins!
@efhoping2010: 04/09/16 TWIN BOYS!!  

@welovehawaii 04/11/16 one bean!  

April

@emily4554 04/17/16

@beckihall: 4/22/16 twins!

@naarnold 04/25/16 1 bean

@krbjoy: 04/26/16 1 bean

@jmphalen: EDD? 1 bean?

@fletch2be: 4/28/16 1 bean

@jaysensmom: 4/29/16 1 bean

May

@kidshrink 5/3/16 1 bean

@happymonkeys 1 bean first week of May

@MelenaZ twins 5/6/16

@tripledaggerWed95976 5/15/16 1 bean – Congrats & Welcome

@kistra 1 bean - 5/18/16

@adorkablepixie: EDD: 5/23/16 1 bean?

@NB817 5/25/16, Congrats & Welcome

@NessaR003 – Congrats & Welcome, do you have a due date yet?

Please update us on any new tests or u/s you may have had done and answer the QOTW to get to know each other! 

QOTW: Thanks @adorkablepixie for this weeks question: Where is your favorite vacation spot, why, tell us some things you did there.  Who knows some of us might end up there for a babymoon?  Are any of you ladies planning on taking a babymoon?  

Me - 32 
Husband - 32
TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ***1st Tri Check-in 10/5 New leader needed asap***

• Good Morning Ladies!
    I am excited I will be 14 weeks on Wednesday :)  We actually went to look at some baby furniture to make sure we are budgeting correctly for all the things we will need, and it is really expensive.  We also decided on finding out the sex, I guess I couldnt stay team green for long lol.  It would just be easier to fix up the nursery lol.  No updates this week, I have my next OB appt on 10/20 and scheduled my 20 week anatomy scan for 11/18 so we should know the sex for Thanksgiving!

QOTW: I have not traveled as much as I wanted to yet, but I have a long list of places I want to go lol.  Out of all the places I have traveled I have had the most fun in Jamaica (could be because I am originally from Jamaica lol) and I still have a lot of family there.  And I love the food!!! It's so good.  We are not really sure about the babymoon yet, it depends on our budget, between the fertility treatments, not being paid for maternity leave, and just budgeting for the baby we might not be able to do anything but I am okay with that because this is well worth it!

Enjoy your week ladies!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for being the leader for so long @MKLEWIS2010 !! I'd offer, but I'm only ever using the mobile app, which makes it tricky for me. And only 3 more weeks in the first trimester.

I went shopping for maternity clothes this weekend as my pants were getting a litte uncomfortable. I also needed new work clothes as the weather is getting much cooler here, so figured I may as well buy maternity at this point. The store I went to has a fake 'bump' that gives you another 3-4 months belly. DH LOVED it, and just wanted me to wear it the whole time. It felt SO strange, but good! No other real updates for me, as my next US in on the 23rd.

QOTW: We went to Italy this summer and it was the BEST! We spent a few days on the Amalfi coast, which is absolutely breathtaking. We kayaked along the coast, walked a lot (there were 451 steps between our apartment and the town centre, so needless to say we ate all the pizza, pasta and gelato in the world and did not gain a pound). We then spent a few days in the Puglia region (where DH's maternal family is from). We met a few of his cousins out there and took a fresh pasta course on our wedding anniversary, which was fantastic. We (read DH, he's the cook in our couple) often make one of the recipes we learned. We also went to Rome, which was nice, but that wasn't our favorite part of the trip. We also went to Florida to visit DH's dad a few weeks ago and took advantage of that to escape for a few days in Key West where we also kayaked in the mangrove. That was lots of fun!

So we've had lots of travelling lately, and between that, starting my own practice (and having business expenses to worry about during the mat leave I'll be taking), the fertility treatments, and all the baby stuff, we're looking at a pretty low key babymoon, possibly a weekend in NYC or up north is a cottage. We shall see!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning! I'd take the lead but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with it considering I've barely been remembering to check The Bump the past couple of days. (Oops!)

I haven't gotten to take a ton of awesome vacations, but I have been to Italy. I think Italy was my favorite, I definitely want to go back one day with the DH. I also enjoy vacations to Mexico, staying at all inclusive resorts. You can't go wrong with all inclusive! Right on the beach. It's so perfect and relaxing! :) I'm not sure about a babymoon. We had  trip to Mexico planned for November for my birthday, but not that I am pregnant we want to try to cancel it because we don't really want to be so far away when I am pregnant. We will see. Even if we don't go to Mexico though, I think we might go somewhere close to home, maybe find and use a Groupon deal.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @MKLEWIS2010 I can take it over if no one else wants to. I just want to wait until after ultrasound on Thursday to make sure this is really happening for me first!! ;)

Also can you teach me how to do all the names at the beginning??? Because if I have to type all of those each week....well that probably won't happen. LOL.

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• We have our first u/s on Thursday morning. I'm so anxious to see what's in there and to see that this is really real.

QOTW: favorite place we've traveled was Hawaii. We went for our honeymoon and spent time on Maui and Oahu. I also have been to the big island to visit a friend YEARS ago. There's nothing I didn't like about any of the islands. I don't know if I would call this a baby moon or not, but we are taking a trip somewhere warm in January to celebrate DHs 40th birthday. I'm going to surprise him by having his cousins show up (they are his best friends) so it should be fun.  

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Hello Ladies! Not a whole lot to update. I went for my NIPT blood work yesterday. Waiting on results. First Trimester u/s scheduled for next Monday and next OB appointment is scheduled for Oct 29th. Been feeling physically better, emotionally not so much. Just a bit lonely and down. Ehh...it'll pass.

QOTW: My favorite vacation was for our wedding. We got married in Las Vegas and stayed there for a few days, then flew to San Francisco for a few days. Took the Cal-Train to Santa Cruz and rented a car and drove down the PCH to Santa Barbara for a night then on to Long Beach. We stayed on the Queen Mary ship and also went to Catalina. It had been my first time to California and feel we made the most of it. Even drove through LA so I could see the Hollywood sign. Good times! Haven't even thought about a babymoon. Didn't know that was a thing until recently.It would be nice. Will have to look into it. My DH and his brother are going to Puerto Rico for a week next weekend. So who knows if we will have the finances to do anything.
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi everyone. I have my first OB appt scheduled for Monday, I will be 10 weeks. Pretty excited for that because I will get to see my little twinsies again in u/s and make sure everything is still going good. This week my nausea and heartburn have gotten a little bit better. I hope the worst of my symptoms are over.
    Baby moon. We have nothing planned. I do have a week off at the end of this month because we were supposed to go to Mexico but with my pregnancy we vetoed that. I'm hoping DH will still take time off so we can take our 10yo to Disneyland. My favorite vacation was to Kona, Hawaii. We went for my graduation from nursing school gift and we had the most amazing time. We loved every moment of it.
    Sorry I can't take over for you @MKLEWIS2010 I use the mobile site also and plus I don't know where I can find time. I would hate to let everyone down and miss postings.
  • @MelenaZ That's exciting. :) (Seeing the twins.) I hope the worst of the morning sickness is over for you. DH and I are supposed to go to Mexico in November. Now that I'm pregnant I'm really hoping we will be able to cancel and get a full refund.

@krbjoy Your wedding/honeymoon sound like a blast! Lots of traveling to different places.

• These are some great experiences i want to go to Italy and I want to go back to Cali. I have been back and forth on whether we should spend the money and do something or wait until the baby is born and go on a nice vacation.  I love warm weather places and with our budget and also not being able to travel until beginning of third trimester because my work travel schedule is crazy this month and I dont want to over do it we might not go anywhere. I am actually traveling for work right now so I might be a little scarce the next few days.  I am in Breckenridge, CO and actually have some trouble breathing with the altitude a doctor is actually coming to check me out and I might head home early as my health and the baby's health are more important.  I am pretty nervous right now and I dont really want to travel at all I hate being away from my doctors.

@NB817 I completely understand I felt the same way when I first started to take this over because I was terrified something would happen.  If you decide to take it over I pretty much copy and paste into a Word document and try to update it when someone new wants to join and if there are any updates with twins, or not.  Keeping track of it in a word document was easier for me then I would just cut and paste into a new discussion on the bump.  I was always nervous that I would forget someone, which I did, or not update if there was a change in multiples I know how emotional this is for everyone.  

@melenaz thats awesome seeing your babies is such an amazing experience!

Thank you all for responding to needing a new leader I know it can become time consuming. 
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krbjoy Good luck with those results, Im glad you are feeling better.  Emotionally I cant imagine I just wish you the best!

@NB817 The u/s is awesome I wish I could do one everyday lol

@adorkablepixie Yes I love all inclusive!!!

@kidshrink Good luck with your practice!!! So exciting!  And I know the countdown to the 2nd tri feels like forever but you are almost there :)
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MKLEWIS2010 Yikes, that does not sound like fun. I hope you and baby are both okay. I don't think I would want to travel for work away from my doctors or my DH while being pregnant.

• @MKLEWIS2010 Oh my how scary!! Hope you and baby are fine and you can come home ASAP!

Thank you for the tip with the names. If everything looks good tomorrow I will use that tip and take over for you. :)

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• @MKLEWIS2010 : Oh no, I hope everything turns out okay! Keep us posted!
    @NB817 : yay! Thanks for taking over :) it's so nice to get some support from people in the same place as us!
  • Also, thought some might find this interesting. The association of infertile couples in Quebec has been publishing pictures of kids conceived through the government funded IVF program (which the government is kow thinking of cutting because they realized there's a hell of a lot of people out there who go through this process...). So this mom sent in this picture, of her child in a heart made from all the syringes and meds she had to take to make this little baby happen. Curious as to what your thoughts will be on it! I think some people might find it weird, but for many of us it'd mean quite a lot.
  • @kidshrink I think it's awesome and powerful! As long as all the caps are on the syringes so the baby can't be stabbed!!! ;)

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• @NB817: lol, good point! Definitely!
  • Hi, sorry I'm late and missed last week. We have been driving around the country for some job interviews and had spotty internet. It was long but we planned for me to want to sleep a lot so it wasn't too stressful physically. Had another ultrasound this morning and got to hear the heartbeat! Then was discharged to OB :) I was expecting the discharge and already have an appointment scheduled for next week. The nausea really kicked in the last few days and then today I vomited for the first time. So that isn't any fun but sort of reassures my worrying mind.

I have some more travel and interviews over the next two weeks so I would not be a good choice for leader just yet.

QOTW: Growing up my favorite vacation was going to the shore. We had a friend with a house in Cape May NJ so we went almost every year. As an adult I haven't had many bad vacations. I loved Hawaii and would like to go back sometime to explore more of the islands. I also did a snorkeling vacation in the Florida Keys that was amazing! For a babymoon, I definitely want to get away with my DH and spend maybe a 3 day weekend somewhere relaxing but I worry about flying and don't want to drive more than 5-6 hours so the options will be pretty limited.
    ***Siggy Warning Child and Loss***

Officially diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 4 years of TTC
    IUI#2 gave us DS#1 who became an angel a few minutes after birth from Noonan syndrome
    IUI#4 gave us DS#2 - going strong as a toddler!

TTC again... Found a clinical trial for unexplained infertility and finished 16 weeks of "lifestyle intervention"
    Cycle #1 - cancelled for ovarian cyst x3...
  • Not too much to report. I finished my last PIO shot about a week ago and things have continued to go well (in other words I have continued to feel miserable) which I am happy with because it makes me feel more confident that everything is ok. So looking forward to being out of the first trimester in just over 2 weeks! Then I can breathe a bit and hopefully enjoy food again... I will cry if I get to the holidays and still hate food. I keep looking a maternity clothes online and wondering when I will get the courage to go shopping for some clothes. I feel silly shopping for bump clothes without a bump, so it is really cool to hear some places have a fake bump for you to have an idea of what it would look like. I desperately need to get a new bra as I can only fit into sports bras anymore. I lost about 20lbs before getting pregnant and saved my jeans and work pants that were a size or two bigger, so I have moved to wearing those which gives me more room. So I still have time before I have to go shopping. QOTW: NANTUCKET! My family vacations here every year, and while we talk about going somewhere else sometimes we can't stop coming back. Right now we are trying to work out how we will make our annual pilgrimage next summer with a newborn. Driving or flying , either way it seems daunting...but to have our whole family together for a week or two is great. My Hubby and I try to get away every three months or so for a night or two. There are tons of beautiful BnBs wthin just a few hours of us so each time we want to get away we pick a different bnb to try or town to explore and do a little mini vacation. We have been trying to decide if we will just do a little night or two getaway or a real babymoon vacation. If we choose the later we will go to Amelia Island where we went for our Honeymoon.
  • @KidShrink I like that picture. She sure had to take a lot of meds! I never would have thought to save them all. I threw them all in a sharps container and when it got full, I got rid of it. lol

@kistra You sounds super busy! I am sorry about the getting sick. I bet that's not fun. I've learned that I can't go until 9:00am without eating breakfast anymore (I get up at 5:00am) because I get super hungry and if I don't eat when I get hungry my stomach starts to feel off, but no getting sick of anything yet thankfully!

@naarnold The bnb thing sounds nice. I think we have some around us, that would be a fun idea. I feel the same way about buying clothes. I am going to quickly grow out of my clothes I think but I am afraid to buy anything at this point. I have a friend who is similar to my size and I am thinking about asking her if I can borrow some of her clothes.

• One thing I like about the maternity clothes I got is that even though my bump is pretty small and more bloat than anything (there significantly bigger at times), the clothes grow with you. They fit really well now (with one top being more flowy, but I could have bought a similar top in a regular store), but have a lot of stretch especially in that extra belly band thingy attached to the pants. So unless someone knew I was pregnant, they'd probably have no clue. And all that extra stretch makes them SO comfy. I bought a bunch of dress clothes for work, and I love them. When I commented on that, the lady at the store mentionned that many people keep on buying from them after pregnancy because of how comfy they are. They have pretty stylish stuff too, so we're far from the tent-like stuff our moms used to wear.
  • Hi all!! 

So happy to hear everyone is doing well!!  I'm now 10 weeks, my last ultrasound was at 8 weeks 3 days, after which I was discharged from my RE and my first appointment with my OB is on Tuesday! I'm very excited to see the little bean again!  I've unfortunately been in and out of the hospital a few times due to dehydration (and they kept me one time because I was having chest pain and shortness of breath and they wanted to rule out a pulmonary embolism, but all turned out fine!) from the hyperemesis.  I usually feel pretty functional for 2 days after I get IV fluids, and then things start to go downhill again.  I was hoping the HG would start to go down at 9 weeks, but it seems to want to stick around.  I've been able to keep my weight loss stable at -5% (of baseline pre-pregnancy weight), which is good.  Oddly enough, even though I've lost weight, I can't fit into ANY of my old clothes!! If anyone has any first trimester, early second trimester tips, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm too big for my normal clothes, and far too small for most maternity clothes! 

QOTW: Favorite place I've ever been... I don't know that my favorite vacations have anything to do with the location, I more love them because of the experiences or the people I'm with.  On a whim 5 years ago I decided to go to Paris for Thanksgiving weekend with my boyfriend (now husband).  As cliche and sappy as it sounds, we completely and totally fell in love wandering around eating croissants and drinking wine together in Paris. We've planned a trip to Italy for this Thanksgiving, but we got it all on points and miles, both to save money and also because there's a good chance we may have to cancel last minute if I never get better.  But it gives us something to look forward to with the hope that HG decides to let me go!

@MKLEWIS2010: So exciting to be moving to the second trimester board :-) We'll see you there soon. And thank you for being the lead for the past weeks!!
  • @happymonkeys : so sorry you're dealing with HG...that's awful. My sister had it pretty bad and also ended up in the hospital for dehydration. If I remember correctly, it ended around 12-13 weeks for her. However, she then ended up with kidney stones because of the earlier dehydration (at around 13-14 weeks). She was then fine for the rest of her pregnancy and caught up on the weight gain.

Have you tried belly bands? They allow you to wear your regular pants but undone under this band of elastic fabric. Unless your shirts also don't fit, that might be a good in between. However like I said in my PP, most maternity clothes will grow with you, so even though Indon't have a huge bump (just one that made my regular clothes uncomfortable, I really don't look lost in them).

I really hope you still get to go to Italy! I'd assume you'll be fine by then (I'll have my fingers crossed for you!). Where are you guys planning on going?
  • @happymonkeys That sounds miserable! I hope the HG goes away ASAP! My cousin had it really bad and was in the hospital for 4-5 days with her last baby. I can't imagine how unpleasant that must be. :( The trip to Italy sounds like a blast! I've been there once and had just a great time. I am dying to go back one day. :)