Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Ttc after misscarriage

shadi4shadi4 member
edited September 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Ladies, how long ur did doctors recommend u to wait after misscarriage ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    One cycle.
  • Options
    Mine said one cycle. 

• Options
    Mine said after two normal cycles. I got my first period about 4 weeks after i stopped bleeding and it was like a normal a period. I delt that my body was ready so we tired after that and got pregnant woth twins...if there was anything abnormal about that first oeriod i would have waited the three cycles. But you have to do what feels right for you and consult with your doc...mine gave me the go ahead after that one month and measuring my cervix.
  • Options
    God, I am so happy to hear all these , cuz someone told me u should wait for 6 months while I am almost 35
  • Options
    Unfortunately for me the wait time is 6 months since I had a partial molar pregnacy and with that it takes longer for my hormones to zero out. I have to have weekly blood draws in the meantime.

However my first loss was a blighted ovum and I got cleared after one cycle and got pregnant right away and we now have a 2 year old son :)
  • Options
    One cycle.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options

Unfortunately for me the wait time is 6 months since I had a partial molar pregnacy and with that it takes longer for my hormones to zero out. I have to have weekly blood draws )

I am in the same boat. Being benched sucks. Still waiting for zero and then six months from there. Otherwise it would have been one cycle.
  • Options
    3 months for me, due to being treated with methotrexate for an ectopic pregnancy.  My doctor originally thought I was having a regular miscarriage at 6 weeks and told me 1 cycle at that point.
  • Options
    My doctor said two cycles
  • Options
    My doctor said once I was ready to go it was all good. I miscarried early at 6 weeks. He said its good to wait 1 cycle as it helps with dating the pregnancy but ultimately said if I chose not too, it didn't put me at more risk of m/c again.
  • Options
    Did anyone that had a d&c have their doctor tell them they wanted to make sure the uterus lining was thick enough to keep a pregnancy?
  • Options
    I had my follow-up appointment today and the only thing my doctor said was to wait two cycles to make sure the uterus healed properly.
  • Options
    @mrsmommya so sorry for your loss. I was 10 wks 5 days when went for a scan and had miss miscarried at 7wks 6 days last June, had a d&c. The hospital told me to have at least 1 cycle but Dr's said 2 or 3. I've 3 days left before I can take a pregnancy test (will be 12 days po) so nervous. Please keep everything crossed for us. Hope you all get your wish very soon. Btw im 44 in dec and have 4 other children. 23, 18, 13, 12yrs Xx
  • Options
    @shadi4 please don't worry too much about your age, I had my last child aged 31, I've recently mmc last June and in my 2ww now and I'm 43, 44 at Xmas. Good luck xx