Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Need help identifying sac,waiting to pass mc

I found out last Thursday at my 8 week scan that my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I just started bleeding today with some mild cramping (naturally, no cytotec). My Dr gave me a products of conception kit and if i can catch it and they are good for to send it in for chromosome analysis. I am passing some larger size clots (sorry tmi) but I am freaking out and getting very emotional because I just don't know what to look for and I am afraid I will just end up flushing it down. Will it look significantly different than a regular clot? Will it be intact? I am so confused on what to be looking for. I am so sad. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Need help identifying sac,waiting to pass mc

• Just wanted to say, I know how you feel. I had a mc in April at 9 w and never saw anything that I thought was a sac. It all ended up getting flushed. Sucks.
  • I am sorry you are going through this and I too am also too familiar with the situation. I had a mc in March and my second one this week, not something I would wish upon anyone even though it is sadly way too common of an event. My first experience was different from this time but in both experiences I did have severe almost to tears cramps for 1 day. I had lots of clots and like you I did not know what to look for and kept thinking I passed it even when I had not (went to the doc the next day and ultrasound showed I had not) The next day I had a fairly large clot and it was round/oval and I just had  feeling that's what it was. I did not save it but I also wasn't asked to. I honestly think it is was too hard of a situation on you to have to look for the right thing and save it, it's hard on the mind and spirit. I know this does not make it any better or easier for you but as sad as it is there really is no reason as to why it happens, it more common than they like to admit. Keep your head up and try and stay positive in this hard time. Time will truly heal you and the Lord will bless you with another child if it is meant to be.
  • Loading the player...
  • We identified my MMC when I was 8 weeks with baby only measuring to 6 weeks 1 day. There was a day that I passed what was obviously pieces of tissue (as opposed to clots) but I never saw or felt anything that I would have been able to pinpoint as the sac. At 6 weeks baby isn't very big so it can be difficult to tell when you pass the sac.

Was this your first loss? If it was I'm surprised they asked you to try to save the PoC. I'm sorry you have this added pressure while trying to grieve and heal.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • This was actually my 3rd mc. My 1st I passed but was only 4 weeks and I never would have known because it would have been so small. The 2nd I was 9 weeks and I had a d and c (chromosome testing was normal). This one was more difficult and yes the added pressure of trying to make sure I catch it put more stress on me than I needed. I think I passed it this morning, it kinda liked like it was more tissue than clot, tmi, and my cramps we're very bad. The cramps are less frequent and not quite as intense and am still bleeding. I really hope it is over with. How long does the bleeding and cramping last even after it has passed?
    DanyTargaryen, I don't mind, that is the beauty of America, we can all speak our minds :) I do believe in God and I do believe He has all control and that He does not make mistakes. My faith is what gets me through. I do understand some people are not believers but I do hope they have other means of healing and coping.
  • I'm sorry you've had to go through this more than once - make sense now that they asked you to try to save the PoC. I hope they can give you some answers.

Based on what you described it sounds like you definitely passed PoC. I hope it was everything so you can begin physically healing. The bleeding will be different for each person - I bled for a week and spotted for another week after taking misoprostol (cytotec) to induce my mc. I've heard other people say they have bled off and on for a few weeks. I hope it does not drag out for you.

I'm glad you have your faith to help you though this and that my post didn't make things more difficult for you. It's hard to know what will or will not help others when you don't know them IRL so I try to err on the side of caution.

Take care of yourself through this healing process and I hope the drs can figure out why you have been experiencing these losses.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I just wanted to say I'm soooo sorry n I to had 3 mc I just lots my 3rd November 7th 2014 n I'm still hurting n I wish I could help u but I ended in the hospital having my baby I was 9 1/2 weeks along so I really can't say my second was 14 weeks along when I lost it n it came out in it's sac n the 1st was in peaces bc I was 5-6 weeks so I'm sorry mine where all different sweet if u feel go to the hospital it's easy ur contraction r gonna get more painful any ways it's best to go to the hospital good luck n pray for u me ur family.
    Trisha Natal wife n soon to be mommy.
  • I'm so sorry for everyone's losses, this Is the most painful heartbreaking thing I've have ever been through. I just miscarried at 12 weeks, baby's heart had stop beating just after 10 weeks. I was not asked to save or bring in our baby for testing but we laid a towel over the toilet seat so I could sit down since the pain (physical and mental) was becoming overwhelming that way I could try to focus as best I could and not worry about not being able to catch her or accidentally missing and letting her get flushed away. This is not a judgement on anyone who didn't look and just flush or who took their baby's in (we were never asked to)it's just the way I needed to do it, I had steps in the grieving process that i knew I couldn't miss. I think each person needs to find what is going to be least painful to them, for some it's easier to not look and to not feel anymore pain then is needed. I just thought I would mention what we had done since a big concern for me at the time was not seeing her because I wasnt sure what I was even looking for. I hope this helps anyone dealing with the same pain...I'm so sorry...please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all.... Our Doctors warning for what we were about to experience was..."there will be a lot of blood and it will hurt but then once it's passed so is the pain" that gave me nothing, no mention of long I would bleed or what the pain would be like, what I should be looking for, how I would know if something was going wrong and if so when should go in to the ER...I felt like she gave us nothing to prepare ourselves so we had to go online and try to find information...so again please feel free to ask questions