January 2016 Moms

Anyone want to share nursery photos?

Re: Anyone want to share nursery photos?

• @karynste19 of course! It's Sherwin Williams Sea Salt.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • katymae08katymae08 member
    edited October 2015
    Our two girls are going to share a room to sleep in at big sisters request. They are four years apart and I think I have a mother hen on my hands. We have everything together and bought, but we still have some wall decor to do. Kaylin opted to turn her bedroom into a playroom and share the small room with Piper just for sleeping and clothes.

Outside of this picture, we already have carrier, clothes, double stroller, playpen/bassinet, swing, tub, bottles/liners, soaps/lotions... Our shower isn't until October 25th and we're only lacking diapers and formula. I think being a STM has helped with that. I didn't want a shower at all, but MIL insisted and wouldn't stop. DH said to just let her do it. I've tried to get everything out of the way so we can just have very little needed since it is #2. We didn't have anything left considering the age gap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our nursery is pretty small and has 2 big chest freezers in but i have squeezed in a cot, nursing chair and cupboard! And its now starting to feel.more cosy. I made animal/jungle theme curtains, and have a (very rough 1st attempt) quilt :) (which will go in the floor when the carpets been cleaned)...
  • I'm jealous. I'm moving either next month or the first of December so all my little guys stuff is in totes and I can't do anything until we move :(
  • apinkpelicanapinkpelican member
    edited October 2015

@karynste19 of course! It's Sherwin Williams Sea Salt.

We have the same color in our nursery and in our hallway bath. Though it looks less blue/green in your photo than it does in our room

This is the nursery now for DD and we are moving her to a big girl room and just switching anything pink over to navy blue and adding nautical decor for DS
  • erintlyonerintlyon member
    edited October 2015
    @Kimberlyain I love the travel theme, but where did you find the mini globe? I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a little one like you have. Thanks!
  • @maureenmce - I bought my rug at Land of Nod because it is specific and and I wanted something very particular. The price is pretty standard for rugs like that BUT just so you know, if you sign up for their emails you get 10% off your first order, but then you can also wait to use it and combine it with another deal. For example, I got an email that they were having a one day only everything ships free. I used that and my coupon and saved a good bit of $$ that way. Recently I got another email that they were doing 20% off one item. If you like the rug, sign up for the emails and watch it, we still have time and maybe you'll score a great deal before baby gets here if $250 is out of your price range. The holidays are coming up which usually means sales. Good luck!
  • @erintlyon I found the globe at Home Goods for $10. They had tons of colors and it was still in stock, at least in Colorado, last Friday.
  • @ljalmeida  Thank you, that's awesome to know!  :)
  • I have been planning this pegboard project for a while and finally was able to start putting it together! I'm debating painting the board red to add some color... Thoughts? We are renting and didn't want to put many holes in the wall and can't paint so this has really saved us! My grandmother is making our bedding in these colors as well! My favorite part is the star that can also be used as a night light.
  • How late is too late to get the nursery ready? We literally have nothing but paint and lamp and like 5 things I got for my birthday in July. My mom told me to wait until our shower to get anything but won't tell me when it is and getting nervous seeing all of your adorable nurseries!
  • How late is too late to get the nursery ready? We literally have nothing but paint and lamp and like 5 things I got for my birthday in July. My mom told me to wait until our shower to get anything but won't tell me when it is and getting nervous seeing all of your adorable nurseries!

I would be afraid to wait until third tri to get started since it might take a while to get it all together, but a number of people don't even bring anything in the house until baby is born so to each her own. I think it's a good idea to be finished by 36 weeks just in case
  • @beckerlaine The peg board is super cute! I think it would look really nice painted red.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so jealous of all your beautiful nurseries. We are moving from the city to the suburbs Dec 1st and feel overwhelmed about only having a month to get everything (for baby and the rest of the house) furnished and set up.
  • Seeing these cute rooms is making me want to get started on ours. I still haven't bought anything for the baby yet, but think we finally decided we are going to paint the room and what color, so might get started this weekend. Shower is planned in early Dec, so don't plan to get much before that happens.
  • catgrazcatgraz member
    edited October 2015
    We are nearly finished! No way we could afford everything new so a lot of the furniture / deco is second hand or homemade / customized. Our bedrooms are all in the loft so difficult to get a nice big cupboard too...so we have to smaller ones... but at the end we think / hope it's quite cosy. Our theme: nature + traditional features (we live in Austria).

Our DD (2 year old) loves the stickers with the animals - there are more of them than you can actually see. She always wants to go to her brother's room: it's like a zoo for her! ;-)

We wanted a big bed too because when baby doesn't sleep in his little cot in our bedroom anymore it's really nice to play / cuddle at daytime / sleep with him some nights in his room...
  • Finally have something to add! My mom has the rest of the decorations in FL, so it was just bare yellow walls and the box her crib is in. Just getting this up ha made in feel 100x better!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Great job, everyone! I'm seriously impressed by the love and creativity put into these nurseries. I'm officially third tri, so should probably start... we've done nothing.
  • Oh wow, these are all so great!  I have to get my butt in gear.  Btw, does anyone have a resource for where to find cute baby/kid rugs at a reasonable price?  More specifically, a dragon rug??  (We're doing a Land of Make Believe type theme.)   I saw some adorable ones at Land of Nod but they were like $100-250!!!  

$100 to $250 IS a reasonable price for a 5x8 rug, especially something so specific.
    @Maureenmce they sell some small rugs with a dragon (or dinosaur) on them at IKEA. They are round and maybe 2x2. They are like $5. I have them for my classroom.

• @lwebley - Thank you!  That's awesome!  We're actually planning on getting our dresser/changing table there in a couple of weeks, I'll have to snap up a rug while we're there too.  :)
  • Our theme for our twins is owls. So excited to start getting stuff done...
  • kkfl2m+b said:

We painted last weekend... Crib arrives tomorrow and the rocking chair on Tuesday. Can't wait to hang up the rest of our pictures!

Pretty. What is the color in the 1st picture? Are those 2 different colors or just look different in the light?
  • Not nearly done, but we bought a dresser and changing table on Craigslist and repainted them and added knobs this weekend.
  • smcooper29smcooper29 member
    edited October 2015
    We actually bought large plywood sheets
  • ljalmeida said:

@smcooper29 love the wood wall! We wanted to do one as well but are back and forth between buying lumber or buying a wood paneling (like stikwood) that has a rustic feel. Mind sharing which route you went?

We actually bought large plywood sheets and hasten cut it down to panel size at Home Depot and then stained them. One room took 2 sheets and cost us $16 and because the plywood was so thin it was an easy install and took a morning to complete.

• kkfl2m+b said:

We painted last weekend... Crib arrives tomorrow and the rocking chair on Tuesday. Can't wait to hang up the rest of our pictures!

Pretty. What is the color in the 1st picture? Are those 2 different colors or just look different in the light?
    Thank you! They are two different colors. It's the Sherwin Williams line at Lowes. The pink is called "romance" and the cream was called something like "perfect cream" but I can't remember exactly
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Yeahhh- I'm due jan 4 my baby shower is nov 21...
    Only thing I've done for baby's room is clean the clutter...
    Procrastination nation!

(Really, I'm freaking out)
  • alisong10alisong10 member
    edited October 2015
    We're slowly making progress !
  • I don't have any wall decorations or anything but I like knowing if baby came early, this will do :-) the blanket rack is from my husband's childhood house. The crib is new but most everything else was a gift or thrifted!
  • wow this is such  a good idea, following! 
  • Still need stuff for the walls but happy with the progress so far, also trying to stay neutral since we are not finding out. The walls are actually gray, looks kinda blue from these photos.
  • Found these for $10 a piece at hobby lobby today!!
  • If anyone is looking for a cute little storage space I ran across this raskog cart by ikea while browsing nursey ideas. There aren't a ton of different colors but maybe it'll work for someone's color scheme. It comes in cream/ivory, gray & turquoise.