September 2015 Moms
Options

breastfeeding question

My DD is 2 weeks old. I have constant nipple pain. Saw lactation and they said I have blanching and blocked milk pore. I have tried warm compresses and changing how I feed. I don't always take her to breast but I always pump so she will have some breast milk at every feeding. My nipples haven't really gotten better. I don't want to quit so soon but it hurts so bad all the time. Has anyone already had to quit and at what point should i throw in the towel?

Sorry if this has already been posted. Didn't see anything when I searched.

Re: breastfeeding question

• Options
    I had bleeding and sore nipples and mine healed in two days by (a) making sure the latch was right every time (b) after feeding, squeeze some milk on the nipple and let it completely air dry (c) put lanolin cream on (d) then out a hydrogel pad on. I also used a shield at first when it was just too painful. It got better quickly and how feeding is so easy and pain free!
  • Options
    slp213psuslp213psu member
    edited October 2015
    I looked up Bleb and blocked milk pore and didn't find either question myself. I also have a blocked pore that comes and goes. It hurts like a mother. One friend described it as the most painful zit you've ever had on the most sensitive skin on your body. I got them throughout the 13 months I breastfed last time too.
    From the kelly mom website, I'm supposed to do Epsom salt soaks several times a day, warm (as hot as I can bear) compresses right before feeding, try to scrape with a finger nail or sterilize a needle and lift the skin off. I am also going to start taking lecithin 1200 mg 3x/day.
    I am able to get them to go away but they do come back. I know they're back as soon as that awful pain starts with feeds again. The pain is throbbing after pumps or feeds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ask your doctor to prescribe the APNO cream, it is a life saver!
  • Options
    I had blocked ducts/pores with my last baby...I used traumel gel (from my chiro for inflammation), took advil, and tried to "pick" the clog with a needle. It would spray out on its own...also dangle feeding helps to remove the plugged pores.