New Jersey Babies

Twin Birth in NNJ?

Hi Ladies -

I was wondering if anyone had given birth to twins in NNJ/Bergen County.
Were still not sure if its twins or not, but I believe I will need to switch offices if it is.
So i just wanted to start some research to see if anyone had any wonderful twin birth experiences.

I was planning a very natural birth with a midwife before the high probability of twins came up.
So i would love to find a doctor that would be supportive of a vaginal delivery and potentially some other slightly crunchy choices.
I am well aware with twins i just may be subject to whatever needs to happen and that i must be very flexible.

Re: Twin Birth in NNJ?

• Try Dr. Aristizabal at Wombkeepers in Montclair.  Might be a little far for you but she is very supportive of natural births and practices alongside a midwife.  Though - with twins, you'd primarily see her.  I will be delivering at St. Barnabus in Livingston.  Not sure if that would be too far for you.  I'm not due until December but I've had several appointments there and feel very comfortable.  Good luck!
  • Thank you, thats awesome to hear and i will keep it in mind. But delivering in Livingston would likely be a bit too far. I live right between Hackensack and Holy Name. and not too too far from Pascack Valley, Valley and Mountainside. So i would definitely look through those 5 before going that far. I dont want to run to the hospital at the very first sign of labor and plan to atleast start laboring at home even for just a little bit and it makes me nervous to be that far from the hospital. Though now i am wondering if she works out of Mountainside at all as well since it is in Montclair as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, she does deliver at mountainside. And she will give the option to do that, but in the case of any complications, I think you may need to go to livingston. Might be worth a consultation?