Baby Names

Well hopefully #2 is a girl!

We're trying for #2 but not pregnant yet so we have a lot of time. H doesn't really love talking names and is insanely picky, vetoes most of my suggestions while not really offering up a ton of alternatives, so I like to start early and casually drop names into conversation. We were team green last time and went into the hospital with 4 names Norah, Susanna, James, and Julian. Had a baby girl and she was named Norah Lynn.

Looks like we've named potential DD2, as we both love Isla Joan 

When it comes to boys we find it much, much harder. We do family MNs and a son's MN would likely be David, with Paul, Curtis, or Spencer being other possibilities. 

H has vetoed a TON of boys names I love but here are the ones we agree on at least a little bit:

Logan (possibly the front runner)
Julian (also a top choice)
James 
Spencer
David (H doesn't love it as a first name)
Benjamin
Harrison (I'm a little unsure of this but H likes it a lot)
Isaac
Liam, maybe William (Liam is probably too popular for me)
Miles (can't agree on the spelling and I refuse to misspell)
Zachary 

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Re: Well hopefully #2 is a girl!

• My DH is Julian, so I am rather partial... Julian David sounds nice together. Second choice would be Benjamin Curtis. All your names are nice, though.
  • I really like Julian David too. That was the front runner for LO1 if she had been a boy. Funny enough we got a lot of reactions calling it "different" and "unique" (and didn't seem meant in a positive way) which I thought was really random. It's one thing to say it's not your style, but I really don't understand how Julian is unique or different? It didn't necessarily make me like it less, but we get compliments on DD's name all the time so I wondered if I was missing something with the name Julian.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Isaac and Julian, they are kind of refreshing. James and Liam/William are too popular for my liking, I know so many.
  • Logan (possibly the front runner) - I feel like I know a LOT of Logans.  #13 in 2014.
    Julian (also a top choice) - cute
    James - love, #9 in 2014
    Spencer - nms
    David (H doesn't love it as a first name) - like
    Benjamin - like
    Harrison (I'm a little unsure of this but H likes it a lot) - not a huge fan
    Isaac - like
    Liam, maybe William (Liam is probably too popular for me) - In 2014, Liam was #2 and William was #5
    Miles (can't agree on the spelling and I refuse to misspell) - like
    Zachary - I like this name, but I have known some difficult children named Zachary, so I could never get behind it for myself
  • David James
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Re; David James, I do like David as a first name but unfortunately H doesn't. We do family middle names so the ones listed above are the options we'll be picking from (David, Paul, Curtis or Spencer)
  • Julian David! Love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Logan David
    Spencer Paul
    William Curtis
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I really like Harrison Paul
  • I like the idea of using Spencer as the mn because it's "unique" without being yoonik, and that's even better when it's a family name.
    I think it goes well with most of your list, and I like all the names on your list.