Babies on the Brain
Options

False Negative?

I am always exactly 30 days on my cycle. And I get sore breasts before my cycle starts. And I did not get any signs of a cycle starting. I am 8 days late and have gotten 2 negative tests. One 2 days late and the other yesterday morning. Nothing has been off on my daily schedule and i habe no stressful things happening.
I'm always so tired but can never seem to sleep, and my gums are sensitive. Help !

Re: False Negative?

• Options
    It could be a false negative but could also just be that you ovulated late this cycle. I would wait a day or two test again and then if you still get a negative make a Dr appointment and have them do a blood test maybe it's just not showing up on the urine test?
  • Options
    Cycles can change at any time and since you're only about a week late, I would continue taking a pregnancy test at least once a week until you receive a positive or your period starts. If neither occur, I'd do what the PP suggested and call your doctor. Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From lurking a ton, I learned that if you can't turn a test yet, you're not pregnant yet, but it doesn't mean you're out because you may have ovulated late-it can happen to anyone. Make sure to use pink dye tests as well. I wouldn't call a doctor yet at this point.
  • Options
    Sorry I just thought if it's not normal for her then a dr appointment wouldn't be a bad idea plus I've heard of getting negative urine and postive blood tests, not saying that is the case here but you never know.
    But yeah wait if that's the better thing to do.
  • Options
    Yeah sorry but you are not pregnant at this time. If you are pregnant enough to have symptoms you're pregnant enough to turn a test. Negative test = not pregnant.
    Please don't give people false hope! That's not nice.
    Also, how do you know you're late?? Have you been temping?? Unless you have been temping you don't know exactly when you ovulated so you could just ovulate late this month.
    I HIGHLY suggest getting a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and temping. You can put the data into fertility friend app and know exactly when you ovulated. THEN you truly know if/when you are late.
    I do agree with a pp about not going to the doctor, that's a waste of everyone's time. If you go 60 days without a period but aren't turning a test, THEN you go in and they will give you something to start your period.
  • Options
    Y'all know your stuff. I have learned so much from everyone with the information!!
  • Options
    To be honest, I would still go in for a basic checkup, especially since you seem to be regular/normal cycle. Even if you're not pregnant, a doctor can find a reason on WHY you have missed your period, since you claim to be regular. Yes. It's very normal to have a cycle change. This is due to age, hormone changes, stress, or your body just deciding to do a change! Which could be the reason behind your gums being swollen and/or sore. Normal hormone changes cause this, as well.

However, if you've already tested Negative TWICE on the tests, it's most likely you're NOT Pregnant. I went through this a lot, before finding out I was actually pregnant. And my dogs were the ones that actually made me REALLY know I was, since they were acting different with me, and around me! Something just told me; "Something is REALLY different here!"
  • Options

To be honest, I would still go in for a basic checkup, especially since you seem to be regular/normal cycle. Even if you're not pregnant, a doctor can find a reason on WHY you have missed your period, since you claim to be regular. Yes. It's very normal to have a cycle change. This is due to age, hormone changes, stress, or your body just deciding to do a change! Which could be the reason behind your gums being swollen and/or sore. Normal hormone changes cause this, as well.

However, if you've already tested Negative TWICE on the tests, it's most likely you're NOT Pregnant. I went through this a lot, before finding out I was actually pregnant. And my dogs were the ones that actually made me REALLY know I was, since they were acting different with me, and around me! Something just told me; "Something is REALLY different here!"

There is no way to tell if she's actually late unless she was temping.
  • Options
    I'm not giving anyone false hope I wasn't saying "omg your pregnant congrats !" So no need to be mean and jump down my throat
  • Options

I'm not giving anyone false hope I wasn't saying "omg your pregnant congrats !" So no need to be mean and jump down my throat

Omg. Just stop. No-one is being mean. You did give her false hope by saying maybe she's pregnant but it's not showing up in her urine and to run to her doctor.
    All I did was suggest we use science, and unless she was temping to confirm ovulation then she wouldn't even know if she's late. Using a calendar is not an accurate way to determine ovulation.
    Also, the quote button is your friend if you want to accuse someone of being mean! Lol
  • Options
    my coworker got all negatives on the urine tests. no pee stick told her she was pregnant. she went to the doctors and they told her she was 4 months along! so 16 weeks and never got a positive. she was surprised! she is now due in nov a baby boy.  im currently ttc and I haven't had af yet only a day late tho..im getting all negatives...im thinking about going to doc cuz of wat happened to my friend.
  • Options

so I guess my coworker steph is living proof that u can test negative on a urine test and still be pregnant.  just sharing her story.

• Options
    Shiva14 said:
    I got my popcorn out and everything before realizing this is a zombie thread.... (:|

Hahaha, me too! Didn't realize until I read your comment.
  • Options
    Me too!
  • Options

my coworker got all negatives on the urine tests. no pee stick told her she was pregnant. she went to the doctors and they told her she was 4 months along! so 16 weeks and never got a positive. she was surprised! she is now due in nov a baby boy.  im currently ttc and I haven't had af yet only a day late tho..im getting all negatives...im thinking about going to doc cuz of wat happened to my friend.

This is what we call anecdotal which is not science. For the majority of the population (99%+) you will turn a positive pregnancy test. Saying anything else is really not helpful because it's not applicable for the majority of us. Please don't comment on posts this old :-w
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016