Trouble TTC

About to start IVF- feeling nervous

Hi ladies :)
So unfortunately out last (4th) IUI did not work so we are moving on to IVF. We had our consultation today. They plan to do the luteal Lupron protocol and implant one embryo. I am feeling all sorts of emotional and scared about this. Does anyone who has been through it have any advice or encouragement? Thanks in advance :)

Re: About to start IVF- feeling nervous

• Haven't been through it, but wishing you luck! Keep us updated :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Good luck. There is a September/October IVF board in the infertility forum that is full of information and experiences from a lot of women, many of whom are far along in the process of their first. IVF would be my next step if next round doesn't work and reading the ladies' postings on there has made a world of difference for my apprehension.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • I just spent lots of time reading it. So much stuff to learn, but luckily there are so many people who are going through the exact same thing. :) We are shopping clinics now. Any advice on how you chose the clinic you were going to do your ivf at? FX for your success @jclaire2 :)

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @twomommiestobe unfortunately we didn't have too much to choose from! We started at one clinic that my ob/gym recommend. I didn't like them so we went to literally the only other one in 100miles that takes our insurance. He was much better and so we stayed there through the IUIs but unfortunately he doesn't do IVF so I am now back where I started. I tried another one of the doctors at the clinic to see if she would be better but she also has no personality and it doesn't seem like much compassion. Luckily though the nurses have been awesome and they are who you interact with the most so that's what is more important. Good luck to you, I hope you find a place that fits perfectly with you :)
  • @jclaire2 unfortunately I live in a big city and we have TONS of options. BUT that means I have come across a vast array of prices. It is just a money making business :(

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haven't been through it (yet) but it's something we are considering. Good luck to you, Hun, wishing you all the best!!!