January 2016 Moms

pre pardom depression

Hey ladies I am 25 weeks pregnant and I just got diagnosed with prepardom depression and I don't have a clue what's causing it.

Re: pre pardom depression

• Hi there, sorry you are not feeling great. I think depression during pregnancy can be caused by a lot of things, especially hormones. There's so much going on in our bodies right now and hormones are running wild so there is no doubt that it can affect your brain and mental well being. Also a lack of exercise, the subconscious awareness that a lot of things are going to change in your life - especially if you are a first time mom.
    If you search depression at the bottom of the screen, you will see lots of ladies are having the same experience. Maybe try and connect with them too.
  • OK I will thank you.and this is my first one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did your Dr recommend a therapist or medication? Therapy is an awesome tool, I hope you are willing to give it a try.
  • I am sorry to hear that. Know that you are not alone. So many have posted on here about depression. I have been in therapy in the past for anxiety and have always found it helpful even when I didn't want to go because I thought nothing could help and I would suffer forever.
  • You are not alone. although I never heard of this I have had post pardom and I feel I a struggling with some depression right now. I know now it is all related to hormones and not how you really feel and who you are.
    I would definitely recommend talk therapy and some Dr with recommend some safe prescriptions.
    so sorry you have to go though this. sending prayers.
  • Has you dr mentioned omega 3 supplements?
  • edited October 2015
    Yes I have it. Get on high strength pure omega 3 - I take 2000mg a day. Also go for therapy - it will help. Finally try 2 handful of cashew nuts a day - I've read recently it's a very powerful natural antidepressant and is far more effective than many strong drugs and without the nasty side effects. Let's be honest it's worth a shot!
  • I have it and I am supposed to start therapy soon. I stopped taking my medication because my OB and MFM doc wanted me too if I felt comfortable doing so since the medication I was on can cause problems during the 3rd trimester. You most definitely are not alone!
  • Having a crapoy day today ladies and I don't know why. All I know is I'm anxious and scared but then I'm not sleeping at all well! :(