October 2015 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• I know everyone who uses the mobile app has already b*tched about the stupid update but wtf stupid app.

Also wtf vision disturbances? Seeing stars and spots but dont have high blood pressure pr any other pre e symptoms... Is this another preggers thing no one tells you about?!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have two already.
    First was actually yesterday but wtf weird doctor. I see a new doctor every appointment because that's how my office is, and typically I couldn't care less because they've always been awesome. But the doctor yesterday has a weird social presence and I know he used the bp cuff wrong and I've never done any nursing anything. Typically the nurse takes my bp but the top number was 138 opposed to my normal 118 so she wanted him to double check. No big deal really, only time it's ever been slightly elevated. Then he does my fundal height and again I know he didn't do it right, or at least how every other doctor I've ever had for three pregnancies now has done it. He had the tape on my pubic bone not just behind it and there is no way my uterus went up 5cm in a week! He had me at 38 yesterday but the week before I was 33. And this time baby isn't transverse he's head down so theoretically it should have been slightly lower than the week I'm at. I don't get it. He was just weird. Not anything to actually complain about to the office just weird guy and I hope he isn't the one on call.

Second is wtf app still not working. I've complained since the first day but it's really starting to irritate me. I'm sure it's my crazy emotions but some of the time when it crashes I get ragey.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two...

WTF rain....this is the 6th school day in a row it has rained. My 3rd graders NEED recess!!

And WTF self motivation! Nesting hasn't kicked in and I still don't have things done in the nursery that I want to do. Also, I'm a newborn photographer and of course I have nothing planned for my own baby's newborn pictures!
  • WTF tdap vaccination? I got it a week and a half ago and my arm is still in terrible pain. I can barely get dresses in the morning! I am starting to get concerned something's not right in my muscles, like maybe it's inflamed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kassyfry said:

Wtf to this birth month board. Where did all the regulars go? How come all the posts are just about a specific persons feelings or symptoms for the day? I find it odd that we are all so far along and have been getting help me name my kid threads again. And all of a sudden we have had a resurrection of the still birth hoax thread. I'm starting to wonder why I even look on here anymore!!

This! I miss our regulars. And the still birth thing- that's a hoax? I was really upset by it and if it is that is just not OK.
    Also, WTF hands. I guess the swelling has made them achy but I feel like I can barely change DS's diaper. This better stop when DD is born or else there's no way I can tackle all those tiny snaps.
  • I am full of WTFs today.

WTF...everyone at work is getting on my last damn nerve...

WTF...I've had the tingles in my hands at night for several months but all the sudden today at work my wrists are incredibly sore and tender...stupid carpal tunnel

WTF...we watched a C-Section video in our birthing class last night...HOLY SHIT that is violent...they're soo rough!! That was terrifying.
  • I know everyone who uses the mobile app has already b*tched about the stupid update but wtf stupid app. Also wtf vision disturbances? Seeing stars and spots but dont have high blood pressure pr any other pre e symptoms... Is this another preggers thing no one tells you about?!?

I had this last week! Started getting spotty and lost my peripheral vision in one eye. BP normal, no protein in urine. After visiting my ob and my eye doctor, the only thing they could tell me is that it was probably a migraine (although I had no headache to speak of). Very strange. 

• Wtf stupid hospital! I was supposed to be induced today (due tomorrow) and I feel like they are not taking my baby's health seriously, they have been screwing up since Monday when my Dr sent me there after my baby failed his nst at my normal appt. I go in then they tell me they don't have a bed for me! Not to mention I have to call back tonight to see if they have one then but now by husband has wasted a day of work when he only has 3 off to help with the baby because of his contract so we only have him until Monday when he has to get back to work. Pissed isn't even enough to describe how upset I am!!!
  • WTF cold. I've been having signs of preterm labor since 28 weeks and was put in bed rest. This week, the contractions finally stopped and my doctor let me off of bed rest (yay! Now I'm just on restricted activity). But I have a cold that has now turned into a sinus and ear infection. I feel totally wiped out and worthless and I can't breathe. And I was so excited to finally spend some quality time with my 19mo old and get the nursery and everything set up for the new baby. Guess those things are back on hold until this all clears up :(.
  • WTF mom. It seems like every WTF Wednesday I have something to say about her. She is being so overbearing. Every single day she asks me if I feel differently or have any symptoms of labor. The reason being, she does not drive into the city and will need to take a train to get to the hospital. She really thinks she's going to miss the birth of the baby because of this. I highly doubt that will to happen, and even if it does, why should I be made to feel guilty because her neuroses about driving on highways caused her to miss the birth of her grandchild?

She also has this strange thing about the doctor every week. Like, she really believes the doctor will be able to predict exactly when I'll go into labor. Every week she BEGS ME to get a cervical check. I told her it's not that simple, the cervical checks really don't mean anything without other symptoms, and even the doctor said I could have the baby tomorrow, or in a month. (I'm 38 weeks.) Plus, they are not comfortable, and I'm not going to get them just so she can make a train! Last night she told me to "ask the doctor again when she thinks I'll have the baby." Really? No. The doctor is going to think I'm crazy. Can she just f*cking relax?? I'm stressed out enough about childbirth, I don't need her craziness on top of it.
  • WTF brain!!!! I have screwed up my time clock every day this week. EVERY DAY! My HR is so understanding, but I feel like a total loser having to email over every day asking them to fix it for me!

OH! And I couldn't sleep last night so I gave up around 1:30 AM and have been up, up, since then! I would go to bed right NOW but I have a doctor's appointment in an hour!!!! 
  • WTF doctor's office cancelling my appointment for this afternoon. I already had to get coverage and work things out for work and my DH is on his way up to me already. So I'm just going to leave anyway. Just so frustrating bc I really wanted to get checked again. I lost my mucus plug a few days ago and wanted to see if I had progressed any.... 
    ~~ October Siggy Challenge - Amazing/Horrible Pregnancy Costumes ~~

Image result for pregnancy halloween costumes

IAmPregnant Ticker
    FTM - Oct. 22, 2015
  • WTF - my MIL just told me last night she was really hurt that we didn't call her while I was in labor with DD (water broke at 3am and had her by 6...) Because she wanted to come be there while I labored. Here's the kicker - she lives FOUR hours away! And she wants us to call this time for DS so she can try to make it. I don't want her in the room as is, but honestly with how fast it went last time I don't think she'll make it if we did call!
  • WTF Braxton Hicks. 2nd day in a row now you've interrupted my workout on the elliptical and forced me to stop >:( I like my exercise, it keeps me sane!! 
  • Wtf sleep! I have slept so good throughout my pregnancy so far and now I can't get comfy and I can't stay asleep. Bummer!!
  • Hubby got food poisoning and it is home from work hanging out in the bathroom. Didn't think I would say this, but I hope baby girl stays put and doesn't decide to be born today.
  • CocoR04 said:
    WTF... DH is getting the dreaded man cold. For some reason, a scratchy throat and some congestion mean it's the end of the world. Anything I ask him to do is done with such reluctance and struggle. And I don't think he's laughed or smiled since the first signs of illness. If I acted this pitiful whenever I haven't felt well, he'd be so mad!
    Ugh what is it with men? My SO had the flu for two days this past weekend and it was literally the end of the world for him. He was whiny, being a drama queen, acting like he should go to the hospital, etc. and I'm over here like "where the hell have you been the last 8 months when my head was in the toilet?" My sympathy for him was so far gone that I was legitimately mad at him for taking so long getting sick because I had to pee. (yeah... that might have been hormone related?)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My wtf is more of a ffs! Soreness, achiness, and hormones that make me rage at the stupidest things. 39+2, 3cm D, god I hope this ends soon!
  • WTF how did I not noticed that I ordered a portable "mini" crib from Babies R Us? Seemed normal sized (to us first time parents) until we got the mattress we ordered off Amazon today. What a fail. Now we have to send back the mattress and wait to get a mini mattress. I can't wait to see how I'm going to jerry rig all the regular crib sized fitted sheets that I have already purchased and washed...
    Also my doctor informed me that I have to come in twice a week for non-stress tests because she saw calcification on my placenta at 36w+5days. She doesn't seem concerned. But of course anything abnormal freaks me out. 
    I guess I should be excited that might mean I get to meet my little boy sooner than later. But I'm still scared. O.O 
    Baby Riker - 10/20/15 11:46pm 7lbs 9oz 21in
  • WTF job? Today was a day nothing went right then the ops manager thinks I was going to climb ladders and do stupid shit? No I don't think so I'm busy enough and don't need to be climbing ladders because he didn't want to. Then he retaliates by nit picking and wanting extra crap just to spite me. In turn I said I think my kid is trying to kick a hole in my uterus and it weirded him out then he left me alone. What a prick!
  • WTF stretch marks! I expected you on my hips, thighs, butt and belly but my vag is so swollen I've developed stretch marks there too! I've never even heard of this happening. 
  • kassyfry said:

Wtf to this birth month board. Where did all the regulars go? How come all the posts are just about a specific persons feelings or symptoms for the day? I find it odd that we are all so far along and have been getting help me name my kid threads again. And all of a sudden we have had a resurrection of the still birth hoax thread. I'm starting to wonder why I even look on here anymore!!

A hoax?? ...I have no words strong enough, I'm just going to go be sick.
  • Wtf disappearing threads?! Can people delete their own threads now? I know things have been a bit weird with the latest update, but this seems like kind of a big deal. 
  • J1DJ1D member
    leighann1 said:

Wtf disappearing threads?! Can people delete their own threads now? I know things have been a bit weird with the latest update, but this seems like kind of a big deal. 

Nope, can't delete your own thread. At least I can't. Maybe the BG's found that particular thread offensive/unwelcoming whatever, whatever? Cause they can delete threads. It was pretty out of line attacky in my humble opinion.
  • J1D said:
    Wtf disappearing threads?! Can people delete their own threads now? I know things have been a bit weird with the latest update, but this seems like kind of a big deal. 
    Nope, can't delete your own thread. At least I can't. Maybe the BG's found that particular thread offensive/unwelcoming whatever, whatever? Cause they can delete threads. It was pretty out of line attacky in my humble opinion.
    True. But then there's usually that fun BumpAdmin message at the end. I guess it's for the best. Threads created to cause drama are best ignored. 
  • So I know it's not Wednesday but I just have to get this out! I have been very clear all pregnancy long I do NOT want my stomach touched or I will throat punch you! We had a family wedding last night and because I allowed a 1.5 year old touch my belly and give it a kiss everyone thought they could! Yes, I am aware my jumbo basketball like stomach is there but it is MINE!!! I am due in 2 weeks. Same rules apply. DO NOT TOUCH MY STOMACH! It is mine not yours! I hate people in my bubble unless invited and well thats a major violation! I was dancing with said 1.5 year old and my DH's crazy Great Aunt reached under the lil miss from behind me to rub my stomach WTF!
  • whitemn04 said:

WTF job? Today was a day nothing went right then the ops manager thinks I was going to climb ladders and do stupid shit? No I don't think so I'm busy enough and don't need to be climbing ladders because he didn't want to. Then he retaliates by nit picking and wanting extra crap just to spite me. In turn I said I think my kid is trying don't to kick a hole in my uterus and it weirded then he left me alone. What a prick!

You should not be on a ladder! That should've been good enough to tell him. You are pregnant and a ladder is unexceptable.
    What a jerk!