Baby Names

Thoughts on Ty

I love the nickname Ty, but I don't think it works as a standalone name. I can't seem to find a full name that I like, however. Tyler doesn't work because our last name ends in -er so I think it sounds funny. Other thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on Ty

• I think Ty is fine as a stand alone name. The only other thing I can think of is Tyson, which isn't bad, but I prefer just Ty.
  • nurse714nurse714 member
    edited October 2015
    I know a ton of guys with the nn Ty. Their real names aren't my style but they are:
    Tyson
    Tyrell
    Tyrone
    Tyree
    Tyshawn
    Tyrese
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, Ty doesn't work as a standalone. Suggest

Tryone
    Tyrell
    Tyson

More of a stretch usage for Ty as a nn

Titius
    Tennyson
    Terence
    Tybalt
    Tiberius
    Tiernan
    Tighe
    Timothy
    Tracy
    Tycho
  • I really like Titus with nn Ty!
  • I know a little boy named Ty and a little boy named Tyson. I'm their daycare teacher and since I say both of their names' like thirty times a day, I will say that I prefer just Ty.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Well I'm with you on not liking Tyler, but after looking at some websites for Ty and Ti names, most of your options have already been listed above.

I think Titus is my favorite of the suggestions. I don't think Ty works as a name on its own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks...I've looked a bunch and couldn't find any I really liked. I do like Timothy, but do you guys think Ty is a stretch as a nn for it?
  • Thanks...I've looked a bunch and couldn't find any I really liked. I do like Timothy, but do you guys think Ty is a stretch as a nn for it?

I think it works.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I think it's a stretch.
  • Tyrus is Ty Cobb's actual first name. DH lobbied hard for that one!
  • What about a first name with the letter t and the middle name with the letter y?

I personally don't like ty as a standalone name, but I don't think it's terrible. I went to high school with a ty and called him Tyler once and he freaked out on me... Haha. So, I think people will assume his name is Tyler if they don't know any different, but that's not a big deal.
  • I like Titus or Tyson.

I like the T & Y first & middle suggestion