Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC Intro :)

Hello everyone!

My name is Jennifer and I am 29 yrs old. I've been going back and forth on whether a discussion group would be beneficial for me. And since I am posting, I have obviously decided that it couldn't hurt.

My husband and I married in May and decided we were just going to let life happen and stopped using protection (I was never on the pill). I have always had very normal periods and have been tracking them and had a pretty good idea of when I was ovulating. Of course, last month, I had very shocking news at work that caused me to have my first anovulatory cycle.

Due to my cervical mucus, I was fairly certain I had not ovulated, but took home pregnancy tests just in case as I continued to be late on my cycle. I went to my OBGYN who assured me everything was alright with my body and it was just this massive stressful event affecting my body.

To not drag on, I am now 12 days late. I did begin spotting some this morning, so hopefully it is my period and I can go back to normal ovulation! In the past few months, I have learned of so many pregnancies of close friends and family and I am not dealing with it too well. I am so incredibly happy for everyone, but I am also ready for it to be our turn. Last night we just found out my husband's step sister is expecting and that just really hit home for me.

Feeling pretty down in the dumps today, so just looking for some support. I never expected TTC would be so hard on me.

Re: TTC Intro :)

• Options
    Hugs! Welcome to TTGP! It's definitely a rollercoaster ride for a lot of us here but it helps to talk to others that are going through the same thing. If you haven't already started I would suggest getting a BBT and starting to temp. It really takes the guessing game out of your cycle!
    Me: 29 years old, DH: 31 years old
    TTC #1 since July 2015
    SA Feb 2016 & May 2016: Excellent count and motility, 3% morphology
    Surgery Dec 2016: submucosal fibroid removed
    Awaiting RE appointment

• Options
    Welcome! I'm with ya on not expecting TTC to be so hard on yourself...it's definitely been a wake-up call for me. I second @jmr1515 on getting a BBT if you haven't yet, as it's given me a lot of peace of mind during this process.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! It's so hard to see others around you getting pregnant when you're not. I feel your pain.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Welcome and good luck - it's a good place to be and people here are very helpful!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Hello! I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a stressful time. Good luck to you!

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    {insert meaningful hug gif here}
    Welcome! I for one am excited to have you! The more contributors the better! Now go rant it out on WTO about DH's step-sis.
    That Beach!
    {sorry, was that helpful or hurtful? I'm THAT person with no filter. All the people feel as me! No? Hm.}
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind comments! I am definitely thinking being on here will be helpful! I used ovulation tests last month, but my OBGYN was worried I'd drive myself crazy with them (and spend too much money this early on!) I think a BBT and temping would be helpful for me though. Any suggestions on the best to get and where to purchase?

Deep down I know the wait will be so worth it for us all, but glad to have a place where we are all welcomed, have support and people don't think we're as insane as we feel! 8-}
  • Options
    hunnybunny17hunnybunny17 member
    edited October 2015
    I recommend and use the Mabis BBT. You can get it from Walmart or Amazon. If you haven't yet, you should read the TTGP Guide pinned at the top of board; it has a lot of good information for newbies!

ETA link

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    Found it on Amazon - thank you!
  • Options
    Welcome! Glad you found all of us here. We are all going through the same things and the same feelings. Once you start temping and knowing what CD you're on you should start participating in the TWW and WTO threads. They're helpful and you can ask questions, rant, rave and generally feel bad about your shitty cycle on there all the time. haha.

But welcome and good luck to you!

Me: 30
    Hubs: 31
    Married: 05/04/2013
    BFP#1: Natural Loss; 8/12/14
    BFP#2: D&C 3/7/15

Chart Stalk: