September 2015 Moms
Options

Always paranoid...

sdheft619sdheft619 member
edited October 2015 in September 2015 Moms
I always have to check when my little one is sleeping that she is breathing. I always freak myself out. Even in the middle of the night when I wake I listen to make sure I hear her. Sometimes during the day if I don't hear her or can't see her chest moving I touch her to make her move so I know she's fine. I just worry!

Will this pass?!

Eta: is this normal or am I crazy?

Re: Always paranoid...

• Options
    It's normal. So very normal lol
    . I still do this time to time with my two year old!
  • Options
    I do it too
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol I do this every day and every night. I just HAVE to.
  • Options
    Normal. I've been known to check my 4yo's breathing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me: 28, DH: 33
    Conceived DD in <1yr w/o assistance
    TTC#2 since 11/2013
    DX: PCOS
    Benched pending conf of Rubella immunity
    Next Cycle: CLOMID round 1

• Options
    Totally normal. My little guy is sleeping a 6-hour stretch at night now (which means I am too!), but I'll usually wake up before that and think, "Why's he so quiet?!" and then I have to lean over and listen to him in his pack n play to make sure he's ok. I actually just bought a Snuza movement monitor to put on him when he's sleeping that will alert me if his belly doesn't move for 15-20 seconds. I haven't tried it yet but it's gotten great reviews and I think it will definitely help ease my fears, especially when he moves to his own room at night!
  • Options
    I do it too. My mom says that you never stop. She still does it to my 18 year old brother lol. Nothing bad
  • Options
    Normal. This is my second and I still do it. Probably will until they head off to college. :)
  • Options
    Totally normal. The first dozen times my toddler STTN I went in to watch for chest movement. I still check she's breathing if she has a nap longer than 2h.
  • Options
    mel0601 said:

Just want to ad.... How many of you ladies after checking on the Bubbas just stand there and admire how amazing they are :x
    There's something magical about watching a little one snoozing in dreamland!

Love watching them sleep
  • Options
    In the same boat!
  • Options
    I did the same thing until I bought a Snuza that clips to DS's diaper.
  • Options

Normal... hell, I usually also check if DH is breathing while I'm at it.

Haha, me too!
  • Options
    Totally normal. I still check on my 5 yo and my DH. One time it didn't look like DH was breathing and I couldn't hear him so I elbowed him just to be sure. Haha.
  • Options
    My daughter is three and I still check on her when she's sleeping. I don't think I'll ever stop.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We bought the Snuza also, we've been using it every night now that her umbilical cord is gone...I love it, such great peace of mind!
  • Options
    I do this too I look for little tummy movements even during her daytime naps. DH was super paranoid at first her freaked every time LO made a weird noise and handed her to me. she's four weeks and he still does this (:| also when I fall back to sleep at night after a feeding I'll wake up and freak cause I think I left her in bed with me it sc ares me to death then I look in her bassinet and she is sound asleep!
  • Options
    Yep. I do this. I automatically wake up if dd sleeps more than her usual 2-3 hours. I would love to sleep longer when she does, but my engorged boobs wake me up and I'm like oh no! She hasn't woken up, something wrong. I actually mentioned this to a mama friend of mine, she said oh yea, you'll do that until she moves out lol
  • Options
    I'm totally in the Snuza boat as well... I slept so much easier the first night after putting it on her and knowing it will wake me if she's not breathing.  I was worried I'd just get a new paranoia - "What if the Snuza stops working?!" - but fortunately it blinks with each movement. This way at least if I feel the need to check on her, I can just look for the blinking light (in the dark, it shines through despite being under her onesie & a fleece Halo sack) rather than trying to shine my cell phone in or poke her to see if she's still breathing!