Baby Names

Re: For $10K, would you let your ILs name LO?

• Wut.

Also. 

Welcome to wasting the next 20 minutes of your life.

My name is "The good natured entertainer"

My favorite girls name is "The forever cheerleader" Not the association I had in my mind. 
  • No. But then again, they don't want to ever hurt my feelings, so they would still ask my input in the end.....even if I took the money. Or they would make me make a list, and then they would pick from the ones they knew that I liked. Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Me: Rambunctious Firecracker
    H: Teacher's Pet
    DD: Cheery Romantic (accurate so far!)
    DS: Observing Artist
  • Lol @wassuphoes, my fav girl name is "secretive onlooker" aka creep
  • Elsa1984 said:

No. But then again, they don't want to ever hurt my feelings, so they would still ask my input in the end.....even if I took the money. Or they would make me make a list, and then they would pick from the ones they knew that I liked. Lol

I might consider it. My ILs have classic taste like H and I. Considering we named DS after FIL, we would have come out on top.
  • Wut.

Also. 

Welcome to wasting the next 20 minutes of your life.

My name is "The good natured entertainer"

My favorite girls name is "The forever cheerleader" Not the association I had in my mind. 
    aw, my DD's name is ray of sunshine
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • DutchLucyLuDutchLucyLu member
    edited October 2015
    Absolutely not. The thought alone that people would pay relatives to get to pick the name of their baby is actually pretty offensive to me.

That said, our LO will probably have my mother's/grandmother's/my official first name - Lucia - as her MN if she's a girl, and my dad's first name as his MN if he's a boy. BUT this was 100% my husband's idea. None of our parents will know what our baby is called until he/she's born.

The other link:

Me: the imaginative celebrity.
    My dad: the intuitive leader

Our other names (including DH's) are all Dutch and not on that site.
  • We have actually told friends and family they can pick the middle name for a price, haha.
  • Hehe, fun. 

I'm an Obedient Angel, which actually kind of applies. ;-)
    DD1 is The Imaginative Celebrity . . . she is my drama queen, so that works.
    DD2 is The Active Thinker . . . she's 2, so we'll see about that . . .
    DH is Ray of Sunshine, which cracks me up.

Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • In this case, the bribe name (Frank) was better than the chosen name (Max), anyway. So win-win. I would have taken it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No way. I don't need money that bad.

Also that seems pretty awful to bribe your own kids to name their baby after you/your family/your family's tradition. Give the baby the money as a gift for being a new addition; don't have a bunch of strings attached. Ugh, it's like some people with money want to watch people without dance like monkeys just for a handout. Undignifying.

• Absolutely not. I can't fathom parents who try to control their adult children's lives that way. The egotism is appalling.
  • Depends on the name - colleges are going to be a crazy amount of money by 2032/20. But my ILs are really great, so "bribery" would really be a teasing excuse to give the baby money. Actual bribing would come from certain grandparents.
    Anniversary 
  • My in-laws are choosing our baby's middle name. My husband's family are Chinese. She deserves a Chinese name too and I'm not qualified to give it. 

I never thought to ask for money... 
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited October 2015
    10K?! Hello home renovations! Heck yeah, but I also know they would be choosing completely respectable names. Maybe not my style, but good names - they did fine naming their kids :)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • No way. FIL has been dropping not-so-subtle hints that, should we have a son, he'd like his name used for the MN. The funny thing is we had been considering it and doing so is actually a tradition in my family but because he's pushed, I'm now pretty well against it. Wife would get to choose MN and she's I think leaning more toward using a prominent family friend's name and I'd prefer that as well.
  • I'd certainly consider it... based on the names of their own kids I think we'd be pretty safe.