January 2016 Moms
Options

I could sleep all day...

kodariahkodariah member
edited September 2015 in January 2016 Moms
I've hit this wall the last week or so where I am so tired all the time. I wake up and I'm ready for a nap a few hours later, or ill take a break from life and lay down to watch tv and wake up 2 hours later not even remembering i feel asleep, and I'm ready for bed at like 9, which is odd cause I'm a night owl. Then I go to bed and toss and turn all night. Anyone else feeling this way???
I would normally turn to some form of caffeine to get me thought the day but since that's not really an option, I've been worthless the last week. My house hasn't got clean, my dishes haven't got done, my poor dogs haven't got outside as much as they should and I'm over it... Anyone with advice to help me not be so sleepy and to gain a little energy would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: I could sleep all day...

• Options
    Emott13Emott13 member
    edited September 2015
    Sounds a lot like my entire second and third trimesters with DD. :) What I found helpful was getting up at the same time every day (around 10) and not allowing myself to nap. I would try to get DH to take a short stroll with me during the afternoon or evenin to help with any restless legs, and then go to bed at the same time every night. Even if you don't fall asleep right away, it tells your body "Hey, I'm winding down now. You can either sleep or be a douche." And your body will most likely be a douche for the first week or so, but trust me, a schedule was like the ONLY thing that finally got me back to sleeping at night. Which was hard for me, cuz I LOVE naps.

I also made myself a schedule where I did like one load of laundry per day, so it still got done, but it wasn't like a huge mounding pile that I felt like I had to get through all in one day. At least that way I felt that I had accomplished something, but it didn't take too much effort. I don't think our bathrooms got deep cleaned for a solid 9 months, including like 4 postpartum. It happens. Do what you can when you feel up to it, but other than that, don't worry about it. The cobwebs ain't goin' anywhere.
  • Options
    I'm lucky if my body lets me sleep past 8! Whenever I'm feeling sluggish during the day, I'll drink a glass of water and make myself get up an move around. Usually does the trick.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you been checked for anemia? I'm always tired, and found out this week I'm also anemic. Starting in iron - yay for more constipation!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersbr>

• Options
    I've been completely and utterly exhausted this pregnancy. Ten times worse than with my son... I work full time and have a 9 month old baby already. I've been so tired at times that when I start dozing on the couch and my boyfriend tells me to go to bed, I cry, because honestly I feel like I'm just too tired to even get up and walk to the bedroom! I asked my OB about it and he said the only real options are sleep and caffeine (in moderation). I'm trying to snack throughout the day, and avoid things with high sugar that could cause a hard crash later. Otherwise, it's just a matter of resting when I can, and forcing myself to ask for help with silly, mundane household chores when I'm really tired.
  • Options
    This is so me right now. I go to bed at 10 and keep waking up at like 5 am, full of energy, and by 6:30 I fall back asleep for another 2 hours. Top that off with an afternoon nap and my poor DS is napping less than I am! I have low iron and take a supplement, but it was like this last pregnancy too. Hope for some increased energy in your (our) near futures!

• Options
    No matter how I sleep during the night I'm up by 7:30 and don't currently have anywhere comfy to take a nap (in the process of moving. Long story) I was so tired just now I curled up on the floor and slept 3 hours. Just woke up!
  • Options
    I find if I do more than one task during the day, I'm wiped out. I have a checklist of things I want to get done by December (including painting the kitchen) and I'm just not getting it done in a timely fashion. Doing laundry yesterday just about killed me and my DH's response is to wait until the weekend so he can help. I want to do fun things on the weekend, not laundry. We typically go to bed around 9 and DS and I get up around 7, and I desperately try to get things done during my son's nap. It doesn't always work and sometimes I end up napping too. I don't remember having this much trouble with my first pregnancy, but I was working full time at the time and I may have been just too busy to notice any extra tired.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feel you guys!  The last two days of work have been SO hard, energy wise.  I feel like I never slept at all in the morning, and then the last two hours of work I am just a zombie.  I've been trying to get 9 hours of sleep each night, but since I wake up at least three times to pee and/or get water because I feel super dehydrated, it feels like much less.

And I'm only about 22 weeks!  I'm assuming this will get much, much worse!  :/
  • Options
    Yes, FATIGUE or something has kicked in recently!! Even when I have to get a lot done, I do find that little 5 min breaks in between helps. Oh man, I feel like a sluggish elephant lately hahah
  • Options
    I admit coffee (in limited moderation) gives me a little pep (I've done months without it, but now I'm enjoying it sparsely)!
  • Options
    This week has been brutal for me too. I have been so close to curling up under my desk at work to take a nap. I had to switch my workout to very early morning because the only time I have any energy is as soon as I wake up in the morning before work. And after work I've been coming home and taking a nap.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I'm 26w with twins. This last week has been a huge struggle. Yesterday I had two 2hr naps and then slept for 9hrs last night and I'm still wrecked today. It's getting hotter as we head into summer here and that's making everything harder. I think I'll ask OB next week for a blood test to check my iron levels.
  • Options
    I've been like this the whole pregnancy:(. I thought things were supposed to be better in the second trimester? I'm close to the 3rd trimester and I am still exhausted and it doesn't help I can't sleep at night:(. Even if I take naps it still doesn't help... And I'll be even more sleep deprived once LO gets here. At least then DH will suffer it with me then lol
  • Options
    I got so overwhelmed by a lack of sleep and an ever growing to-do list yesterday, I had a meltdown. I work full-time as a bank teller, plus trying to find a daycare, research baby stuff, clean my house, find a new home for kitties, swapping rooms around to make a kid's room, sew a dress in a week and a half, and deal with life in general. All I want to do is sleep. I wake up at least 4-5 times a night. The last two nights I wake up at 4 thinking is time to get up. And those have been days off. I wake up for work at 6 and I'm lucky to get to bed before 11. Exhaustion should be my middle name.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker