November 2015 Moms
Options

Favorite Lullabies?

I remember singing to daughter SO MUCH as a little baby, and was wondering what everyone's favorite lullabies were? (I may be looking for some new material...)

Re: Favorite Lullabies?

• Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kIKpsFF-8

I love this song: "Baby Mine" by the OkeeDokee Brothers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not sure if it's necessarily a lullaby, but my mom used to always hum 'When Irish Eyes are Smiling' to help me fall asleep. Its very calming (:

• Options
    katie10287katie10287 member
    edited October 2015
    I made a whole playlist of Disney lullabies for when the baby arrives. My favorite are La La Lu from Lady and the Tramp and Don't go to Sleep from Mary Poppins. I may or may not already listen to this when I drive :)
  • Options
    I always sing Brand New Day by the Smurfs. It is what my mom would sing to us when we were little.

image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Squirtgun said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kIKpsFF-8

I love this song: "Baby Mine" by the OkeeDokee Brothers.

Love this! So much!
    I love humming 'Oh my darling Clementine', but the words freakin creep me out. But the tune is lovely. Also, I know I'd posted this months ago under another thread but it's so pretty I'll do it again!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvTWGgtS2o
  • Options
    Somewhere over the rainbow :)

Also I love all the rockabye baby CDs- especially the queen and bob marley ones lol
  • Options
    I second Rockabye Baby. I listen to those when I need to calm down, never mind calming a squish. I'm quite partial to the Black Sabbath album.
    As for lullabies, the only ones I can ever remember when I have an angry little to placate are Baa Baa Black Sheep and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Might have driven myself a little crazy singing those ad infinitum when DS went through a phase of refusing to sleep.
  • Options

There's a song about an airplane that DS really likes. (An old bi-plane that is retired, but wishes he could do heroic things once more..) He calmed down instantly the first time he heard it, so I think it must be his song. :) My mom used to sing it to us when my brothers and I were little, so it's extra special to me. DS seems to be the only one who likes my singing though, lol! I don't remember my girls taking a liking to any specific songs. Maybe I just didn't sing to them as much?

There's another one about a rocket ship that we learned from a random mom at the park that DS really likes too. Super short and easy...it was less of a lullaby when she was singing it, but it's a favourite now nonetheless. It goes like this: (the lines in brackets are ones I made up because he asked for it so much that I got sick of singing just those 4 lines!)

Zoom, zoom, zoom, we're going to the moon.  (Zoom, zoom, zoom, we're heading home soon)

Zoom, zoom, zoom, we'll be there very soon.  (Zoom, zoom, zoom, home from the moon)

Come with me and take a trip on my flying rocket ship.

Zoom, zoom, zoom, we're going to the moon.  (Zoom, zoom, zoom, we're heading home soon)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Lol Rockabye Baby did a Jay-Z version. DH and I bought it, it was amusing.
  • Options
    queenwog said:

elbou said:

There's a song about an airplane that DS really likes. (An old bi-plane that is retired, but wishes he could do heroic things once more..) He calmed down instantly the first time he heard it, so I think it must be his song. :) My mom used to sing it to us when my brothers and I were little, so it's extra special to me. DS seems to be the only one who likes my singing though, lol! I don't remember my girls taking a liking to any specific songs. Maybe I just didn't sing to them as much?

There's another one about a rocket ship that we learned from a random mom at the park that DS really likes too. Super short and easy...it was less of a lullaby when she was singing it, but it's a favourite now nonetheless. It goes like this: (the lines in brackets are ones I made up because he asked for it so much that I got sick of singing just those 4 lines!)

Zoom, zoom, zoom, we'll be there very soon.  (Zoom, zoom, zoom, home from the moon)

Come with me and take a trip on my flying rocket ship.

Not gonna lie, this just made me think of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century. "Zoom zoom zoom, make my heart go boom boom..."

Yeah, not really a lullaby ;)

I was thinking the same thing!! I love that movie lol Disney does a Disney replay thing during the week and sometimes they will play it.. i get all excited like a kid on Christmas morning lol

But another Disney lullabye person here!! Disney has some really nice ones that I just love!!! Then again I love most things Disney!!!
  • Options
    Lol at first I thought the thread title was "favorite lunchables".

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    turkey! 
  • Options

Ham and cheddar.. This will probably be a UO but I don't like the ones with the desserts in them.. When I want a lunchable I either watch nachos or the little sandwich ones with just the meat, cheese, and crackers.. Don't get me wrong I love some good cookies but I would rather buy a whole thing of cookies then just getting 2 or 3 or a tiny candy bar.. They are just little teases that make me want more!!!
  • Options
    My mom used to sing me the Doxology when I was a baby. Short and sweet and still makes me want to curl up and take a nap.

As for lunchables, I just can't stand american cheese; anything with real cheese, please!
  • Options

Ewwwww! I may have once had a horrible stomach bug which had nothing to do with the fact that I'd had my first ever lunchable that same day, and I haven't ever eaten one since. They gross me out so badly!
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited October 2015
    Lullaby: Go to sleep little baby, from O Brother Where Art Thou. I've been singing this to the baby sometimes at night when she's going crazy and I'm trying to sleep. Also second classics like Blackbird and Rainbow Connection. 

Lunchable: ham and cheese fo' sho'

love how random this board is sometimes :)
  • Options
    Three Little Birds by Bob Marley makes a nice lullaby when sung softly. I also used to sing "I'll cover you" from RENT when my niece was a baby. Now she prefers Itsy Bitsy Spider and Let it Go
  • Options

Three Little Birds by Bob Marley makes a nice lullaby when sung softly. I also used to sing "I'll cover you" from RENT when my niece was a baby. Now she prefers Itsy Bitsy Spider and Let it Go

Seasons of love seems to be my little guys favorite song!! I totally wish I could post videos because it's like he tries to do his own little interpretive dance!!! Kinda like this...
  • Options
    I see songs spelling out my DDs name and a Spanish song not even a lulliby she just lights up when she here's it.. I am got wait and see how it goes with LO.. Love some of the songs shared
  • Options
    I like baby mine, when u wish upon a star, and you'll be in my heart from Tarzan. Yes, I'm another Disney person here.
  • Options
    Hubby and I are theatre people so I have been looking at using some songs from musicals. There is a song called How Bout a Dance from Bonnie and Clyde that I love. Also a fan of Come What May from Moulin Rouge. Plus I always love the Disney songs!
  • Options
    My favorite lullaby is hushabye mountain from chitty chitty bang bang.
  • Options
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and all the Disney songs.
  • Options
    You are My Sunshine is DD's favorite.  She's been practicing it constantly so she can sing it well for the baby. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    estxox said:
    Somewhere over the rainbow :) Also I love all the rockabye baby CDs- especially the queen and bob marley ones lol
    SOtR is my go to on most nights. Even though it's not a lullaby, I also like Somewhere Out There. 

It's actually pretty amusing, they have "lullaby" versions of some bands that are just the music (not lyrics) made into tinkly sounds. MH bought The Grateful Dead. Um. OK, husband.

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• Options

You are My Sunshine is DD's favorite.  She's been practicing it constantly so she can sing it well for the baby. 

Oh how sweet. Awe.