March 2016 Moms
Options

Currently breastfeeding moms check in!

Whether you are weaning or not, how is everything going? How are you feeling? How is your little suckler? Any goals? Please remind us how old your little one is.

Re: Currently breastfeeding moms check in!

• Options
    DS is 14 months and still loves the boob!  I am trying to wean slowly and am hoping that he starts weaning himself soon, since the thought of tandem nursing does not sound fun to me.  We're down to about 3 times a day, mostly wake up, nap, and bedtime.  It's very emotional for me, I go back and forth with thinking I should continue on and how easy it is to put him down with the boob, to the opposite feelings of I'm totally over this and he's old enough to stop.  We will see, I think we will continue at this stage for a while, hoping he will start to drop some feedings when my milk starts to thicken.  Plus I think my supply is dropping a lot, and my nipples are a lot more sore now than in the first tri, which I thought was weird.

• Options
    My nursling is 2yrs3mo and still occasionally nurses, despite the fact that my milk is pretty much gone. She mostly tries at bedtime, but not nap time.

I'm getting really tired of the gymnurstics, though, especially as my belly grows. She likes to knee me RIGHT in the uterus, maybe she's trying to establish dominance already? ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is 17 months old, and I'm in week 15 of pregnancy. He was nursing twice a day, which was mostly giggles and wiggling. My milk is starting to dry up now, and he's definitely noticed. I tried putting him to bed tonight with no nursing- he was totally fine. So we may be just about done. I've only felt ready to give up nursing over the past couple weeks.
  • Options
    Well I weaned the 4yo about a week ago, so bittersweet there. I'm sad that I'm not more sad about it haha! She's doing well. She was talking about nursies for the newbaby and said something about li'l bro still having nursies too bc he's a baby. Then she adds “but I'm a big girl now so I don't need nursies anymore” and I felt a teeny pang. But then I remembered how touched out I was getting.
    Also over the past week we had a few reeeaally busy days where the baby only nursed in the morning and evening (instead of all day long like usual) and my supply totally tanked. Last pregnancy, I lost my milk pretty early at 8wks, but this time, even at 15wks I could still feel a letdown and I was still leaking (I never stop leaking). Now I'm 16wks and we are dry nursing and it freaking sucks. I can handle it during the day but omg at night. I just want to melt into the ground. My boobs are sore and raw and he screams if I break his latch and we HAVE to sleep so i just let him nurse. And I try to hold his lovey-rubby hands still which he hates. 25ish more weeks to go. It got better last time around 35wks. Nursing as I type. Sigh. Oh, he'll be 19m next week.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    DD is one week shy of 2 years and comfort nurses at nap and bedtime. Before my milk dried up, she nursed in her sleep several times throughout the night, but has since stopped. I can't say I'm really upset about that. I thought she'd never night wean! She'll occasionally want to nurse in the night, like this past week because she's had a cold, but she usually nurses to sleep and then again around 6-7am and continue sleeping for an hour or so. I do want to try tandem nursing, as engorgement was a biatch last time!  
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    @oceanchild How do you know you are dry nursing? I think that I hear DS swallowing at least a few times in the beginning of our sessions, but I could be wrong. I think I'm mostly, if not completely, being used as a pacifier.

Also, those of you who have dried up/weaned, are you supplementing with cow's milk or anything?

• Options
    DS turns 2 1/2 on the 4th, and still nurses here and there. We let them self wean when they choose. Nips were wicked sensitive until last week, now it is all good again.
  • Options
    DS is 17 months and although my milk is sadly drying up (he can't drink dairy so I actually would have preferred to continue to bf) he is a trooper and sticking with it (aka he screams til he's purple if I refuse).  It's more a comfort now (he latches for a while, then takes a swig from his sippy and then back onto the boob - it's quite a sight).  
  • Options
    Mine can't do cow's milk so she drinks a combo of almond milk and Orgain shakes.
  • Options
    DS drinks goats milk. He wasn't a fan of nut milks or soy.
  • Options
    I thought we were done when my 3yo stopped a few weeks ago. She said she was gonna nurse and then leave the rest for the baby. And then she didn't really ask anymore at least not without distracting herself and forgetting before it became a thing . It was crazy. (And I was still in the first trimester soreness so I didn't complain).
    But now this week (with a bit of a cold) she asked again. She informed me one side didn't have anything in it lol. Then she tried the other side for just a few minutes. Hasn't ask since and it's been a few days. That might have been it for us.. We'll see.
    I've nursed through two pregnancies and tandem nursed twice. But those kiddos were closer in age than this so I'm thinking I'll probably have a lull this time.
  • Options
    RoMama113 said:

@oceanchild How do you know you are dry nursing?

No more swallowing. I could always feel my letdowns (even during pregnancy) and hand express at least a drop to the tip. Last pregnancy, by 9wks I couldn't even express a drop. This time he was still getting milk until about 15wks, but now he's not anymore. And it feels like I'm dry nursing again. I can still express a drop to the tip, but I expect even that will be gone in another week or so. He never ever swallows though; he's just not getting anything at this point.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!