March 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnant Bikini - yay or yuck?

So, I'm going on a trip to Florida next week, and the only swimsuit I have is a bikini. At this point I have a pretty obvious baby bump going on, but since I'm going to be winter pregnant, I really don't want to shell out the cash for a maternity suit. DH says I can pull off the bikini, but I feel a little weird about it. What do you think? Pregnant women in bikinis... gross or acceptable?

Re: Pregnant Bikini - yay or yuck?

• Options
    I always wore my bikini pregnant. I say wear it!
  • Options
    I say it's your body do what you want! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i love pregnant bellies. if you are comfy in it and your hubby says you rock it, then go for it! if someone doesn't want to stare at you then that person can just avert those peepers :) have a great trip!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Rock that bikini!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you're comfortable, do it! When I see pregnant women at the beach in bikinis I think they look cute!

You can always wear a cover up while walking around to make yourself more comfortable. I wouldn't want to buy a maternity suit to only wear once either!

• Options
    Do it!!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I agree, go for it!  I've done it in the past, and the only time I felt uncomfortable is when I was in that 'fat or pregnant?' stage.  Beyond that I felt as good wearing a bikini as I'm going to feel wearing any bathing suit while pregnant.  I have never had luck finding a maternity suit that fit my small butt, small boobs and big belly. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    normal bikini = cute
    super revealing thong/flashy bikini = awkward

I would probably feel worse in a one piece while pregnant (whale-like) and rather wear a cute 2 piece, just nothing trashy or too tiny.
  • Options
    I'm going to Hawaii in two weeks and fully intend on wearing a bikini. Normally I love my one pieces but it's super hard to find a flattering cut and I don't want to be bothered searching for the perfect maternity suit that will only be worn a handful of times.
  • Options
    Wait, a bikini isn't a maternity swimsuit? I mean it's got that whole mid-section conveniently missing to accommodate a growing belly right? Totally kidding, but seriously if non pregnant women can wear a bikini and show off their bellies then why can't a pregnant woman? It makes absolutely no sense to me...
  • Options
    Wear it, I always use a cover up while walking around as I'm just not that comfortable with my body, but I still wear my 2 piece while swimming
  • Options
    Haha, thanks ladies. I have a non-maternity tankini too, but it's so tight it's laughable! Bikini it is!
  • Options
    I think pregnant women in bikinis are super cute. I wore one at 9 months pregnant though and my little sister took pics and put them on FB! That was not cool. But before the about-to-pop stage, go for it. 
    imageimage

• Options
    I think 2nd trimester for a bikini is just fine, but once you are in the third it is gross, but honestly I can't wear a bikini anymore due to breast size so I may just be jealous.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    I think bikinis are gross period, but I certainly wouldn't judge a pregnant woman wearing one. Another option if you don't want to spring for a whole new suit but you also don't feel comfortable showing off your pregnant belly is to just buy a tankini top that matches your bikini bottom. I'd imagine your bump isn't super big at this point and you probably don't even need a maternity one. I was 6(?) months pregnant when I needed a swimsuit for a trip and I used a non-maternity tankini top . . . they're so stretchy anyway. Maybe just size up.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What part of Florida are you heading to? I live in Florida and I'm wearing sweaters and pants. Maybe I'm just used to upper 90 temps but I think it's too cold to rock any bathing suit. Florida is super unpredictable though. Pack in preparation for cold and hot. Each day is different.
  • Options

What part of Florida are you heading to? I live in Florida and I'm wearing sweaters and pants. Maybe I'm just used to upper 90 temps but I think it's too cold to rock any bathing suit. Florida is super unpredictable though. Pack in preparation for cold and hot. Each day is different.

I was born and raised in Palm Beach County, Florida. What us Floridian's think is cold(any temp under 75) people from up north think is warm. I am currently sitting outback in Alabama freezing my tush off and it's only 67 degrees. I am bundled up like the brother on A Christmas Story. Lol
  • Options
    When we head to Disney in November it'll still be swimming weather, and I'm definitely gonna rock the pregnant bikini look. I think its cute! And if you're comfortable, I say go for it!
  • Options
    You're on vacation--you're never gonna see those people again. Flaunt it! Anyone who gives you trouble is the person who's doing wrong, not you.

• Options
    Rock it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I say if you want to wear it, then do it!  Personally I don't wear bikini even before I was pregnant so I don't plan on wearing it when I'm pregnant.  I think someone said above, just make sure it's not too revealing as that becomes slightly awkward for everyone else. :)
  • Options
    We are going to the panhandle, but I'm going to wear a swimsuit if it's over 80 degrees!
  • Options
    Rock it!
  • Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with the belly. As long as you have proper support for your boobs, wear what you want.
  • Options

We are going to the panhandle, but I'm going to wear a swimsuit if it's over 80 degrees!

I'm in the Panhandle (Pensacola) its high of 70 and low of 50 right. Locals are rocking flannels and drinking pumpkin spice everything. If you are used to a cooler climate, you may be comfortable in shorts and dresses. The beach will be extremely windy though. It's definitely "Florida Fall" weather. I hope you have a nice trip! It's a very family friendly area.
  • Options
    I wore a bikini but I was only 12weeks and not showing. But I would rock one at any point in pregnancy. Have fun.
  • Options
    I loved wearing a bikini last time around because I had an excuse to have a belly! Although I'll say, the majority of my bikini wearing was second tri- the one time I wore one at 39 weeks was at my sisters house- I would have been too self conscious to wear one publicly at that juncture.

I personally never wear really skimp bikinis and have gone up a size or two in tops when in pregnant to accommodate the bigger cup size. I'll definitely be wearing my bikinis on our cruise in a couple weeks!