September 2015 Moms
Options

Spinoff: Everyday newborn must haves!

So I know there is a thread on newborn travel must haves, but what about everyday must haves? I thought it would be fun for us to share some of the things that has made our lives as new mommies easier! Maybe even learn a few things as well! What is your top 5? I will start

1.) A baby wrap/carrier. We use a Solly Baby Wrap and it is a lifesaver! Lets us be hands free and baby girl is out like a light as soon as she is in it.
2.) Rock n' Play. It's one of the only places I can get LO to sleep!
3.) Gripe water. Takes her hiccups away almost instantly! I even keep it in my diaper bag!
4.) Aden and Anais swaddle blankets. I actually don't even swaddle her in them, but use them as a car seat cover, nursing cover, wipe off spit-up and it makes a super soft blanket for baby girl. It's basically our go to blanket!
5.) Summer Infant "swaddle me" it keeps her swaddled tightly all night! It's the only one that she can't bust out of and its super easy to use

And one more cause I could not leave this one out..

6.) A nursing pillow. We have a Boppy. I prop hee up in it, I use it as an arm rest when I nurse her. It's pretty much where ever we are in the house. If we need a pillow, that's the one we use :)

Re: Spinoff: Everyday newborn must haves!

• Options
    I love this! All of those are amazing and on my list of daily must haves! The only few things I'd add would be:
    LANOLIN without this my sore and cracked nipples would stick to my nursing bras. Not pleasant at all!

Coveredgoods nursing, car seat and shopping cart cover all in one. I don't leave the house without baby girls car seat covered. Protects her from the sun and the germy people!
  • Options
    Mine are:
    Receiving blankets
    Boppy
    Moby wrap/ring sling
    Swaddle sleep sack
    Bassinet with wheels - I can wheel her out to the living room if DD1 is up before her in the morning and use this for sleep around the clock (when not being worn or held)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gerber cloth diapers (as burp cloths-AMAZING)
    A&A swaddle blankets
    Baby wrap carrier/ring sling (I have a cheap wrap from etsy only paid $25 made of the same material as the A&A swaddles & a tula ring sling)
    Rock n play
    Boppy breastfeeding pillow
    White noise machine
  • Options
    @chelseajeanene my LO loves my parents' duck painting! It cracks me up, he just stares.
  • Options
    Reusable breast pads
    Breast friend pillow
    Graze box!! (Snacks at arms reach!)
    Nursing tanks
    Moby wrap
    And as hurricane Joaquin showed its face today, the JJ Cole shower cap style car seat cover is a lifesaver!! I had my 2 week midwife follow-up today and I'm not pumping yet so LO has to be with me, and for the first time in 9 months there was no street parking in the vicinity of the office and I was so happy she was covered and in her little cocoon!
  • Options
    Baby swing and bouncers for when I need some "me" time!
  • Options
    Cloth diapers as burp cloths LO spits up a ton
    Aidan and Anais blanket for everything, daytime swaddle, car seat cover, nursing cover, etc.
    halo fleece swaddle sleep sack for night
    Vibrating baby papasan chair, currently the only place LO will sleep more than 15 minutes
    Mommy snacks - I am obsessed with granola and granola bars. Love the kind oat and honey bars
    My white noise app
  • Options
    My Moby wrap has to be number 1 for sure. I'm able to go to target and run errands with a happy sleepy baby! I love the receiving blankets so much, too. They're so versatile. I use the to swaddle him, as nursing covers, as a changing pad if we're out and about. My sleep bra has been great so I can wear nursing pads to sleep and not leak all over the bed (plus so comfy). And then my bed side table. I never got much use out of it, but now it's covered in snacks and baby stuff! It's so great to have it right next to me.
  • Options
    monicaP said:

Cloth diapers as burp cloths LO spits up a ton
    Aidan and Anais blanket for everything, daytime swaddle, car seat cover, nursing cover, etc.
    halo fleece swaddle sleep sack for night
    Vibrating baby papasan chair, currently the only place LO will sleep more than 15 minutes
    Mommy snacks - I am obsessed with granola and granola bars. Love the kind oat and honey bars
    My white noise app

What white noise app do you use?
  • Options
    It is white noise free sleep sounds. There are a ton of noises in the catalog. I made a mix of dishwasher and heartbeat that make LOs eyelids get heavy.
  • Options
    monicaP said:

It is white noise free sleep sounds. There are a ton of noises in the catalog. I made a mix of dishwasher and heartbeat that make LOs eyelids get heavy.

Is it this one?
  • Options
    I've been hearing a lot about these sleep sacks! I might have to buy one!!
  • Options
    Mine have been:

Swing. Its the only way I can get house work done.
    Sleep Sacks. I was gifted multiple kinds.
    Sleep Sheep for white noise
    Her wubbanub for when we go out in public.
    My boppy pillow.
  • Options
    Mine are:

Aden & Anais blankets - I use them for everything from swaddling to burp cloths to light blankets
    Mother Earth nipple cream - I like it so much better than lanolin
    Lanisoh soothies - along with the Mother Earth nipple cream, they are great after nursing! I keep them in the freezer
    Rock N Play
    Mamaroo swing
    Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother - the white noise combined with the movement of the sea creatures helps our LO fall asleep faster

I know there's more but this is all I can think of right now!
  • Options
    @rholbrook7 yup, that's the one
  • Options
    1. White noise machine
    2. Receiving blankets
    3. Swing - the only place (other than on me) that LO will sleep
    4. Gripe water - he is sooooo gassy
    5. Ergo
  • Options
    In addition to lots others have posted, these pumping "bras" are great and don't require you to change into a different bra to have your hands free: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JTMFPOG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Options
    Rock n play for when she's napping, won't sleep in the cradle or is awake but I need to pump or something.
    Soothies pacifiers.
    Bedside table stocked with snacks drinks breast pump etc
    My Brest friend pillow- life saver for nursing.
    Changing pad cover with wipable center from target. Haven't had to take it off to wash yet and baby spits up a lot.
    Pack n play with the napper so I can actually leave the bedroom and be in the living room and feel human and not just a milk machine.
  • Options
    1- Swaddle sleep sacks - my LO sleeps in one every night!
    2- Rock-n-play
    3- Cloth diapers for burp cloths
    4- Pacifiers!!! - LO loves to suck!...on anything...hands, sleeves of his sleeper, my shirt, my shoulder when I try and burp him!...literally everything so pacis have been a life saved!
    5- The Boppy

There are others but these are the top 5 on my list right now!!
  • Options
    Rock and Play
    Wubabub pacifier (weight of animal helps it stay in place!)
    Disposable table liners
    Universal wedge for crib (slight elevation for reflux/spit up reduction)
    Aden blankets
    Gripe water

Oh and wheat beer :) helps with milk production

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

• Options
    sgleave said:
    In addition to lots others have posted, these pumping "bras" are great and don't require you to change into a different bra to have your hands free: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JTMFPOG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Do you have one? Is it tight enough to actually hold them in place?
  • Options

White noise machine
    Boppy
    Sleep sacks
    Cloth diapers for burp cloths
    Gripe water
    K'tan carrier
    Wine (pinot noir, specifically)

@LouLouLove --- I love my Ktan... But we are struggling to get LO in it the right way! He falls fast asleep when I do out him in min it, but he may need to get bigger before I can really utilize it.
  • Options
    So far

Boppy newborn napper (only place she will sleep)
    Lansinoh hand pump(my Medea electric doesn't work as well)
    White noise app
    Swaddling blankets
  • Options
    LittlemsD said:

sgleave said:

Do you have one? Is it tight enough to actually hold them in place?

Yes I've been using it for about a week and it really does work. Between tightening the part around the flanges/shields/whatever they are, keeping the neck part tight and fastening the under boob string i haven't had problems with it staying on. And once I got used to it I can get it on and pumping in no time. I feel like it will be so convenient for pumping at work.
  • Options
    We have a solly baby wrap too and I looove it.

Boppy lounger. Super portable, I use it constantly. LO lays in it while I'm prepping his bath and stuff like that.

Wubunub pacifier. The weight from the little stuffed animal that is attached makes it harder for the pacifier to just fall out of his mouth which is especially great for car rides.

And I know it's a big item but it's been a huge lifesaver for my family. The pack n play. I ended up with an unplanned csection and due to the insane amount of stairs in our house LO and I slept in the living room for the first week. He slept in the bassinet in the pack and play and the larger area ended up being where I kept his clothes/diapers/wipes/etc.. so I didn't have to go upstairs to his room. Plus we moved to another state last week and are staying with my parents. 2 dogs, 2 adults, and a 4 week old all living in a single bedroom and out of suitcases. Same situation with the pack n play. Somewhere for him to sleep and to keep his stuff organized and easily accessible.
  • Options
    Sarahm8687Sarahm8687 member
    edited October 2015
    1. White noise machine
    2. Boppy
    3. Wipe warmer
    4. Mamaroo
    5. Dr. Browns bottles
    6. Nuk orthodontia pacifiers
    7. Swaddleme swaddlers for night time

• Options
    txmama5txmama5 member
    edited October 2015
    Rock and play - baby sleeps in here more than her crib
    Boppy
    Gerber cloth diapers for burp cloths
    A&A blankets
    Medela quick cleaning breast milk soap
    Mylicon gas drops
  • Options
    Rock and play
    Swaddle sleep sack
    A&A swaddle blankets
    Nail clipper
    Vitamin d drops
    Probiotic drops
  • Options

White noise machine
    Boppy
    Sleep sacks
    Cloth diapers for burp cloths
    Gripe water
    K'tan carrier
    Wine (pinot noir, specifically)

@LouLouLove --- I love my Ktan... But we are struggling to get LO in it the right way! He falls fast asleep when I do out him in min it, but he may need to get bigger before I can really utilize it.
    How much does he weigh? My LO started in it around 8 lbs and is now probably 12 lbs. So far we just do the kangaroo carry but he passes right out when I put him in and walk around.
  • Options
    Rock n play
    Pack n play
    Swaddled sleep sacks
    Receiving blankets
    Rockabye lullabye on Pandora
  • Options
    I want a Mamaroo sooooo bad!!