November 2015 Moms
Options

Has anyone seen a Chiropractor ?

Starting around 32 weeks I was getting neck and back spasims every morning! Now at 34 weeks they are gone, because of the chiropractor I have been seeing. Is there anyone who saw a chiropractor in there first birth and felt it helped decrease the amount of time giving labor?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    31w4d, been To the chiro twice in the past few weeks but every time I leave there I end up feeling worse. Thinking about trying to go at least 2/3 more times before I deliver so I can hopefully cut my labor by a couple hours.
  • Options
    LivHamidLivHamid member
    edited September 2015
    My chiropractor is encouraging me to come twice a week until delivery. If this decreases the amount of hours I'm in pain in the hospital, then I'm gonna try it.
  • Options
    I've been seeing one since I got pregnant. First it was for neck/shoulder issues that were caused by awkwardly sleeping in a rocking chair with my first and then he started adjusting my hips when my hip pain started. I had horrible hip pain with my first so with regular visits this time I've been feeling pretty great!
    YCSWU
  • Options
    @Emilie121011 Possibly moving back to SD what area is the chiropractor in?
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I have never gone before but I've been experiencing "tailbone" pain ever since the first trimester. It comes and goes but lately it's gotten worse. Any of you had this before going and did you see any improvements? Did your health insurance cover treatments? Thanks in advance for your help. I've just been so sore and in a lot of pain lately.

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    My SIL just started chiropractic school. The clinic attached to the school has discounted/free care for family so I'm waiting to see if they do prenatal adjustments. If so I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of it. I haven't been in a long time but my old chiropractor helped a lot with migraines.
  • Options
    I have heard amazing things about visiting chiro whilst pregnant. They can align your hips and pelvis, turn a breech baby around and help with all the normal aches and pains. I have been doing some research on which ones are good in my area.
  • Options
    I did last pregnancy through the whole 2nd and 3rd trimesters. This time I haven't had the same issues but I will be going back soon. They can help get the baby into the proper position to make birth easier.
    Find one that is specifically trained in the Webster technique.
  • Options
    I've never been to one in my life but decided to start weekly appointments after a 27 week sono showed her breech. I have no back pain or issues but go weekly now to keep baby in the right position. After one visit baby went head down.
  • Options
    I used a chiropractor with my last pregnancy,for me due to my fibromylgia it made me come out with more pain. But it sure did align me.. This time I am doing physical therapy works better for me..
  • Options
    I've been seeing my chiro since I was about 18 weeks. I saw him twice a week for a month and a half and now I see him once a week. He has been a life saver! He also told me that it should shorten my labor time.
  • Options
    I went to the Chiro before I was pregnant with my 3rd. After my second my back just killed so I got everything all adjusted and just went in every now and then to make sure nothing goes back. Well got pregnant with the 3rd baby and I didn't think going would be a good idea so I stopped until my ribs were killing me that my ob told me to go see a Chiro and that will help me out. So I have gone two times now to the Chiro and I wish I would have gone the whole time!

I have 4 ribs that get dislocated and he gets my hip/tailbone area all inline for having baby. Nothing like a huge relief!!! I never heard it helping with labor time but I'm all for that if it does!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LivHamid She's is mission valley

Dr. Atherton's Sorrenti
    Health and Wellness Alternatives
  • Options
    I would say to just be careful if you go! My girlfriend went because she was having hip issues late in pregnancy and they told her that they wanted her to come 5 times a week for her last few weeks of pregnancy. She said the price tag was $2000 and not covered by her insurance. It might be better to see if you can get in with a physical therapist instead. The insurance coverage will be better and they can prescribe medications if needed to treat pain. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    kestes946kestes946 member
    edited September 2015
    Chiropractors are AMAZING during pregnancies!!! Went during all of mine and this is my 3rd. I try to go every couple of weeks but it's $30 a visit so we can't really afford to go weekly. She specializes in prenatal and children too! I plan on taking baby girl once she's born. Did that with my oldest. Love when she adjusts my lower back and pelvic bone. She also helps with my neck and hands as they go numb during pregnancy.
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been having some back pain and sciatica that was bothering me while I slept, so I asked my OB if she could refer me to a chiropractor. Since I have an HMO and she found a prenatal chiro in my network, my insurance said they would cover anything that my doctor refers me to. So now I've been seeing this chiropractor and have been feeling a lot better. He also has a ton of tips (like stuffing underneath your mattress with folded bedding sheets to offset the natural sinking of an older mattress). Also he said he would help align my pelvis to help with birth and post-partum. He said after the birth your pelvic bones don't always realign perfectly and the relaxin hormone pretty much stops right away, so it was important to get everything properly realigned. Since my mom had back pain during childbirth that followed her for the rest of her life, I'm being as cautious as I can.
  • Options
    I went today for the first time ever. LO is frank breech and I want to give her the best chance of turning. It was a fairly quick appointment and I left feeling like my body was floating. Definitely feeling a lot of movement so hoping things will work out. She said I should also be able to sleep a lot better at night which I am really looking forward to.