January 2016 Moms

Stinky

i feel like I stink ALL the time. I shower twice a day and still feel like I just reek!! And nothing seems to help :(

Re: Stinky

• Me too!! All. The. Time.
  • I feel the same way! I shower once a day and feel like I smell after 24 hours. DH says its in my head and I don't smell. But I still feel like I do.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too! I wondered whether it's just our heightened sense of smell or whether I really smell different because of hormones, etc.
  • I feel like I always smell crap. I don't know why, but it seems like anytime I'm sitting at work I always smell poo and I can't figure out where it's coming from.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe it is the heightened sense of smell, I feel like I smell like pee except right after a shower. So gross!
    I decided to grab a box of the Always radiant liners and see if that helps. Fingers crossed!!
  • I was using the regular thin ones and summers eve wipes. Figured maybe something more absorbent. Bleh :(
  • I was convinced I had horrible bo all last pregnancy. My dh swore I didn't but I chalked that up to men having bad noses and made my sister smell me whenever she was over. She said I was fine too. I've heard the same thing from plenty of other moms so I think it's just some weird pregnancy thing.
  • I always feel like I smell terrible when I'm pregnant. This go around I swear my feet are so smelly that I can't take my shoes off.
  • This thread really gave me a good laugh but I am right there with all of you ladies. I feel like I smell all the time too. And it didn't help that it was always hot and just now cooling off (thank God) but I swear I smelled like BO all the time. I carry deodorant and lotions and sprays with me so I can freshen up every couple of hours. I do think it is the heightened sense of smell and partially all in my head sometimes but I cant help it. I can't ignore what I am smelling because even if it is heightened then it means yes, it smells but because no one else is that up close they just can't smell it. Well, that is my logic lol so I shower A LOT! 
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!
  • Totally feel this way! But I've decided it's mostly my sense of smell (which was strong BEFORE pregnancy and is now out of control)...BUT the one time I'm SUPER self conscious about it is during prenatal yoga in a room with other ladies with pregnant noses. I'm convinced they all can smell me and it definitely doesn't help me get out of my head like yoga is supposed to do!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • nikkissweetnikkissweet member
    edited October 2015
    i use Men's Degree, it seems to work, along with a little travel perfume container to refreshen.
  • edited October 2015
    No matter how much soap I use, no matter if I take a shower or soak in the bath, I swear I can still smell my lady parts. DH says I'm fine but I swear I can smell it as soon as I get out of the shower.
  • This made my day. Thought I was alone on this one.
  • I had to switch deodorant to secret clinical . It works great .
  • I really thought I was the only one. Being 22 and working at a cosmetology institute I'm always spraying perfume that I can stomach on and nothing helps liner or wipes i just don't know anymore
  • Making sure your lady bits are trimmed and underarms are clean shaven helps tremendously. Hair seems to hold smells even post showering. I went through a phase of just being too tired to take care of that business. Once I began again during each shower I felt halfway normal.

This is especially true if you are having bladder issues. My little guy kicks me there all day and I have to wear liners. Urine has a distinct ammonia like smell our noses are sensitive to!

Good luck ladies. :D
  • omg!! I love hearing this. I too felt completely alone and smelling awful! I chalk it up to pregnancy and crazy discharge. my four year old tells me I smell all the time!
  • I feel like I always smell like urin, so gross! I've got really good hygiene but I feel like urine just leaks out of me randomly, but not necessarily that I'm peeing myself. Anyone else have this problem?
  • I'm so happy to read this thread! (Not that we are experiencing it, but to know I'm not alone!). I feel like this discharge is crazy down there, and that I always smell as well. I feel like it gets worse and worse throughout the day, but my husband has told me that he hasn't noticed a smell. @tangelic3 I always feel like after I stand up from using the restroom, that a little bit of urine comes out. It makes me so angry because I literally just wiped!
    Anniversary
    Started TTC March 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS September 2011, Started Taking Metformin
    12/20/11 HPT= Positive!!!
    12/21/11 Beta #1=67 Progesterone=8.1 (low)
    12/22/11 Progesterone Injection & started Progesterone suppositories
    12/23/11 Beta #2- 192!! Grow Baby Grow!!
    12/29/11 Beta #3- 2298!! Progesterone- 12 (adequate)
    First Pre-natal Appt. Jan. 9th.
    First U/S Appt. Jan. 12th. Found out I am 6wks4days pregnant! Also, saw and heard heartbeat at 123 BPM.
    EDD September 2, 2012
    2/14/12 Heartbeat 160 BPM. Dr. said it was "perfect"!
    3/16/12 Elective Sex Determination Ultrasound: IT'S A GIRL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tangelic3 said:

I feel like I always smell like urin, so gross! I've got really good hygiene but I feel like urine just leaks out of me randomly, but not necessarily that I'm peeing myself. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I'm having this problem. I do think urine can just leak out if baby is sitting on your bladder or kicks your bladder. I was also sensitive to the fact that I felt like all my clothes smelled like pee too, so on a suggestion from a friend I washed all my clothes in vinegar and oxy clean and that helped a ton!
  • I just threw out A bunch of panties because I washed them and sniffed when they came out of the dryer and I swear they STILL smelled like they hadn't been washed at all