August 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Brezza- mixing issues?

My in-laws bought us the baby brezza after I was unable to BF. We loved it for the first week, but week two LO started getting extremely fussy, didn't want to eat and had terrible gas pains.
I started paying attention and it seemed like it was dispensing too little formula and bottles were watered down- so I went back to hand making.

I tried again using the machine last week- after disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling. First day was great, then same problem with formula looking watered down.
I clean it daily, have noticed that it looks like formula gets under the plastic wheels and gets caked around the dispenser hole.. I've been using a tooth pick sometimes 3-4 times a day to keep that clean, then emptying canister, cleaning everything, then putting it back together- daily- but I still just don't trust it.

Thoughts? Do any of you use this successfully? I feel like the worry and daily maintenance isn't worth the hassle.

Re: Baby Brezza- mixing issues?

• Options
    I have no experience but have noticed in previous posts people mention the same thing. It either dispenses too much or too little. I didn't end up buying one bc there were too many negative reviews. You can prob return it if you kept the box.
  • Options
    Return it and get a Dr Brown Formula Pitcher and a Dr Brown Bottle Warmer. You can make enough formula for the day to keep in the fridge, then warm them as needed in the warmer. Pitcher is $12 and the warmer is $35-40
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was a nanny the family had it for a brief period of time. The bottles were always watered down, the family ended up returning it. I would return it.
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues, although I've been worried because I see so many negative reviews. I follow the daily cleaning instructions to a "T", as well as monthly. I did do a test to see if it was dispensing correct amounts, or rather weight. (I saw this done by someone online). I have a kitchen scale, so weighed an empty bottle to get a baseline. Then made a bottle manually with formula and water, I weighed that and wrote it down. I then made a bottle (same ounce size) with machine and weighed it. The weights matched. I do keep an eye on consistency and my DD's mood to make sure she doesn't seem hungry or "off". But all has been great in the 4 weeks I have had it. It's a life saver!!
  • Options

I haven't had any issues, although I've been worried because I see so many negative reviews. I follow the daily cleaning instructions to a "T", as well as monthly. I did do a test to see if it was dispensing correct amounts, or rather weight. (I saw this done by someone online). I have a kitchen scale, so weighed an empty bottle to get a baseline. Then made a bottle manually with formula and water, I weighed that and wrote it down. I then made a bottle (same ounce size) with machine and weighed it. The weights matched. I do keep an eye on consistency and my DD's mood to make sure she doesn't seem hungry or "off". But all has been great in the 4 weeks I have had it. It's a life saver!!

I've had the same experience with it. Maybe it works better with some formulas than others? I use Similac Advance

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use enfamil newborn
  • Options
    We tried with enfamil newborn. It did not make bottles the correct consistency from the first time we tried to use it. DH wanted to try fiddling with it, but I refuse to use it. I won't chance LO feeling sick for the sake of convenience.
  • Options
    We mix our daily amount using the dr. Browns pitcher snd love it as well!
  • Options
    They ordered it from amazon. We still have the box, so I will try to return it for a Dr. Brown Pitcher and warmer. IVise Dr. Brown bottles and have been looking at those items as a back up. I've been just hand mixing 6 or 7 bottles and putting then in the fridge every night for the next day. The pitcher seems a lot easier.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I haven't noticed any issues with mine. We also use Similac Advance.
  • Options
    Mine works great too also use similac advance