December 2015 Moms
Options

I'm 31 weeks my due date is December 4th, how many months am I?

I've done research some websites say I'm 8 months some say I'm 7 months and 3 weeks

Answers

• Options
    Your 7 and 3 weeks. I'm due the 2nd.
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I am due Dec 2nd. I am 31 weeks currently and my doc says I will be 8 months at 32 weeks (next wed!), then 9 months at 36 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also due December 2nd and was wondering how many months I was
  • Options
    You are at the end of your seventh month.

I tried to explain to my MIL that I am starting my seventh month as I was exactly 28 weeks when we were having the conversation. And she and several of her SILs were like counting the months on their hand, instistent that I could not possibly be seven months because that would make me due in Nov and blah, blah, blah. I basically had to break down to them that they were counting my seventh month as already complete, but I was like on day one. hahaha

I like the week chart better. It is so much simpler. The closer I get to 40 the happier I am. :-) Who cares about the months? haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't thought too hard about this. It's too confusing for this already confused pregnant brain. I just know when I get to 40 weeks baby will be good to go (hopefully). Lol
  • Options
    I never realized how confusing the weeks are for people.

Before I got pregnant and someone told me 31 weeks, for example, I would think to myself "ok, pregnancy is 40 weeks, halfway is 20, so they're 3/4 done with their pregnancy."

So when I tell people how far along I am in weeks and I get blank stares, I don't get it. But when I say months, they always think I'm due earlier than I am!

I took a screenshot of the graphic above a few months ago and I've just been using that.

• Options
    Yesss @satindawl83 !

Everyone is always confused (including me) when I tell them how far along I am. Lol
  • Options
    Most people assume months have four weeks. Nope. 52/12=4.333. Sometimes your next month starts in the middle of your pregnancy week.

Graphic above is good. There are a lot of them. Google images for "pregnancy months breakdown graphic."

Here's another one.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Haha people aren't thinking of how 40
    Weeks is actually 10
    Months not 9 either!
  • Options
    ssn109ssn109 member
    edited October 2015
    redfallon said:

Most people assume months have four weeks. Nope. 52/12=4.333. Sometimes your next month starts in the middle of your pregnancy week.

Graphic above is good. There are a lot of them. Google images for "pregnancy months breakdown graphic."

Here's another one.

This. Thank you! It drives me nuts that people get this wrong. It's how you can say 40 weeks is a 9 month pregnancy (though technically it's more like 9 months and 1 week). BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT 28 DAYS IN EVERY MONTH!

*edited for spelling. See thread on grammar...spelling is also important! Lol
  • Options
    This cracks me up because some people get all upset when I say I'm 30 weeks and they want to hear how many months along I am. I think that's so ridiculous because they don't want to do the math or whatever, but pregnancy is generally measured in weeks, so I'll be like, I don't know 7 months or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker